Ohio.com - Miracle means heaven can wait

Ohio.com - Miracle means heaven can wait

There are 61 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Aug 30, 2007, titled Ohio.com - Miracle means heaven can wait. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

As their plane was about to crash near Atlanta earlier this month, Heather Moran told her fiancee, Akron physician Robert Marsico Jr., that they would meet again.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
OldManGrump

Cleveland, OH

#1 Aug 31, 2007
God bless. Praying for a speedy recovery.

Since: Mar 07

United States

#2 Aug 31, 2007
Didn't we do this article once already??? Must be a slow news week.
a voice

Mantua, OH

#3 Aug 31, 2007
This is the kind of news that makes one feel good. Speedy recovery folks and come home soon.
former falls wrestler

AOL

#4 Aug 31, 2007
This wasn't the way I really wanted to read about you, Bobby. Thankfully you made it through.
A voice for the dead

United States

#5 Aug 31, 2007
I feel there may have been a supernatural power behind this and it definitely was from heaven. Maybe the Beacon forgot that the good doctor's former girlfriend was murdered under suspicious circumstances...injected with a substance that paralyzed her....and left for dead in the Metro Parks....no one every was charged...Bobby was the prime suspect.....I wonder what the former girlfriend's children think of this story.
ANON

United States

#6 Aug 31, 2007
A voice for the dead wrote:
I feel there may have been a supernatural power behind this and it definitely was from heaven. Maybe the Beacon forgot that the good doctor's former girlfriend was murdered under suspicious circumstances...injected with a substance that paralyzed her....and left for dead in the Metro Parks....no one every was charged...Bobby was the prime suspect.....I wonder what the former girlfriend's children think of this story.
Amen...I'm glad someone remembered that story...hmmm a doctor might have access to a drug like that.
Ohio Gal

North Fort Myers, FL

#7 Sep 1, 2007
Wow, I didn't know about all that background and was going to post something about maybe the little arguments in their marriage won't seem so bad after surving something like this but wow if he was involved in a previous incident where his girlfriend ended up dead, I don't know what to say so I'll stay Mum.... Any articles on this folks?
just a friend

Massillon, OH

#8 Sep 1, 2007
Why do people need to be so mean and rotten when something good has come from a bad situation. I do know that this couple are super indviduals. Only those that are insecure about themselves would ever take focus for their own gain at someone elses expense. Mr/ms "a voice for the dead" and "anon" need the prayers of this world and to feel the wrath of God. This is a blessing and a miracle that needs to be reported in todays society!!! All we ever hear about are the bad new stories and see how all the IDIOTS react to a story of good that overcomes EVIL.

Good luck Heather and Dr. Bob. Our prayers are with you. We will also pray for the idots that try to turn things around for their own gain. God will deal with them too!!!

Our sufferings only make us stronger and no one is without sin. "He who is without sin cast that first stone" So if anyone feels they walk on water then........
Local Lawyer

Norwalk, OH

#9 Sep 2, 2007
It's a toss-up -- which comes to mind first? Innocent until proven guilty? Or libel, slander and defamation? Once again, the petty voyeurs gather like jackals over road-kill to dredge up baseless innuendo. I for one will go to the mat anytime, anywhere for Bob Jr. His skill and ability have added years to the lives of hundreds of skin cancer patients. He doesn't approach his practice as a chart to be processed and a procedure to be coded. He cares -- and it shows. May he and his fiancee heal quickly and may the jackals slink off to another ill-advised attack.
I support Bob Marsico Jr

Akron, OH

#12 Sep 4, 2007
I have known Dr. Marsico Jr. for several years now and he is one of the greatest Dr's I have ever met. It baffles my mind that someone would come on here and "bash" a man that is in critical condition. How sad it is that one has to make themseleves feel better while another suffers....... We love you Dr. Marsico Jr and you are in our prayers and thoughts for a speedy recovery!! And I DO think heaven is waiting for him, it's just not his time yet.
A voice from the dead

United States

#13 Sep 5, 2007
I support Bob Marsico Jr wrote:
I have known Dr. Marsico Jr. for several years now and he is one of the greatest Dr's I have ever met. It baffles my mind that someone would come on here and "bash" a man that is in critical condition. How sad it is that one has to make themseleves feel better while another suffers....... We love you Dr. Marsico Jr and you are in our prayers and thoughts for a speedy recovery!! And I DO think heaven is waiting for him, it's just not his time yet.
There is no bashing going on here...just the truth....I don't feel sorry for him....I just found it eery....and I felt like maybe the Beacon should have learned a little more about Saint Bobby.....burns are horrible to live through....I guess freezing to death would be too!!
I support Bob Marsico Jr

Akron, OH

#14 Sep 6, 2007
Its not proven truth. Now is it???!!! I completely agree with who ever said, inoccent until proven guilty. Thank you.
Pray for Healing

Cleveland, OH

#15 Sep 17, 2007
I have known Dr. Bob professionally for 4 years. He is a kind man and so is his office staff. I have heard stories about how he and his father have helped many families, outside their practice, and have gone out of their way for many families with sad circumstances. If Dr. Bob had been involved in a murder, I am sure forensics would have turned up evidence. In this day and age a criminal is usually caught. Perhaps being unjustly accused is punishment for a situation with temper.
He and his father have been nothing but kind to me. Dr. Bob treats cancer patients and always has a kind word and hello even at the busiest of times. May he heal and be given Gods mercy. May you all find it in your heart to find healing for your sadness and criticism of others. It is not your job...
friend of the deceased -

San Antonio, TX

#16 Sep 19, 2007
Let me tell you a little something about Bob Marsico. He is still the primary and only suspect in a murder case involving his former girlfriend Krista Pantaleano. The case is still unsolved and archived in the FBI's unsolved crimes division.(history) Prior to her death Dr. Bob broke into her apartment and beat her nearly dead and was arrested for this crime. This ia a matter of public record. He lost his liscense to practice medicine for 1 year and had a restraining order against him not to see or be near Krista.
Sometime afterwards Bob and Krista began to secretly see one another again. Krista again broke it off with Bob one morning and went to work her shift as a nurse. Bob continued to harrass her with phone calls during her shift that day as witnessed by fellow nurses on the floor. After completing her shift she and a fellow nurse saw Dr. Bob in the parking lot leaning up against Krista's car. Krista approached and they left together. That was the last time Krista was seen alive. She was reported as missing that night and was found dead 2 days later laying in a ravine near Blue Hen Falls National Park east of Cleveland. She had been given an injection of a drug that paralizes your voluntary muscular system rendering you helpless. This type of drug is not available on the streets as it is primarily used in surgical settings. It was below freezing that night. Essentially, Krista lay helpless in the ravine and froze to death (autopsy). Her vehicle was about 200 yards away in a parking lot. After an exhaustive search the keys have never been found and are still missing to date. The necklace she was wearing at the time is also missing.
There are literally reams of convincing circumstanial evidence collected by the FBI and Park Police indicating Dr. Bob as the only suspect. The DA decided not to try the case on circumstantial evidence for obvious reasons.
Krista is still loved and dearly missed by her family, friends and two sons. She will not be forgotten. A $50,000 reward is still in place to anyone who can assist with this case leading to an arrest and conviction.
friend of the deceased

San Antonio, TX

#18 Sep 19, 2007
Ohio Gal wrote:
Wow, I didn't know about all that background and was going to post something about maybe the little arguments in their marriage won't seem so bad after surving something like this but wow if he was involved in a previous incident where his girlfriend ended up dead, I don't know what to say so I'll stay Mum.... Any articles on this folks?
The murder occured in early April, 1998. It was covered by local media - news broadcast and article(s) in local papers. Additionally, a TV spot was run later that fall during a Browns game that showed a picture (mug shot) of Bob Marsico seeking info about the murder. A $50,000 reward is still in an account for info that would lead to his arrest and conviction.
Friend of the deceased

San Antonio, TX

#19 Sep 19, 2007
Betamaxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Lawdy! Dat is scarifyin'! Iff'n I saw body in de woods, I might die. De ghost might haunt me foreva, yessuh!
Your intelligence is overwhelming.
Proud of the Support

Cleveland, OH

#21 Oct 19, 2007
I am so proud to see the support on this website. Krista was one of the better people in the world and has touched so many lives including mine. God has taken the law into his own hands and justice has been served. Rest in peace Krista. We love you.
Heather

Norwalk, OH

#22 Nov 17, 2007
Heaven, should I say God, sent down his angels to resuce him, there was no way he could get out otherwise. If he is so bad why would God spare his life?
Missing Krista

AOL

#23 Jan 28, 2008
Heather wrote:
<quoted text>Heaven, should I say God, sent down his angels to resuce him, there was no way he could get out otherwise. If he is so bad why would God spare his life?
His burns are his punishment. This guy is not right. Heather - youre nuts if you marry this guy.
CFHS 1983

Maple Heights, OH

#24 Jan 29, 2008
I graduated from high school with Bobby; went to junior high with him too, I remember all of us going to his house after school in Silver Lake. My family has been patients of his dad's for years. I won't comment on the disappearance/death of his former girlfriend, because I'm not familiar with it. I will just say this: Bobby was a great guy when I knew him. I only wish he and Heather a speedy recovery. The other matter I will leave to the law enforcement and God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barberton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cuyahoga Falls problem/ underbelly ? (Jun '11) 1 hr june 7
News Teen accused of setting clothes racks on fire a... 3 hr Zorro 2
News Man exonerated in 1993 murder accused of drivin... Wed Walkin Boss 1
News Duo accused of pretending to be FBI agents duri... Jul 28 Walkin boss 1
News Akron felon guilty of hitting woman with brick ... Jul 28 Walkin boss 1
News Undocumented workers of Royal Buffet and Grill ... Jul 27 Don diego della h... 8
News Akron man sentenced for quadruple murder Jul 27 Walkin boss 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barberton Mortgages