Al's Quality Market in Gourmet Magazine

Al's Quality Market in Gourmet Magazine

There are 12 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Dec 11, 2007, titled Al's Quality Market in Gourmet Magazine. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

Denny Gray, owner of Al's Quality Market, and his wife, Beth, who runs Al's Corner Restaurant, both in Barberton, who are featured in an article in the December issue of Gourmet Magazine.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

JK from Green

Canton, OH

#1 Dec 11, 2007
Not much of a story. Did Lisa forget to post the rest of it??
Pat

AOL

#3 Dec 11, 2007
There is no better meat market on the face of this earth. Grew up in Barberton,lived in the area for 62 years. Now live in North Carolina. On or visits back home. We bring back a cooler loaded with Al's Meats & Hopcan Garden Chicken.
Mark

Ravenna, OH

#4 Dec 12, 2007
Al's sausage is the "bomb" To keep my "slovak mom " coming back every time is a credit to you. She is the toughest of sausage critics

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#5 Dec 12, 2007
that is a tasty place to dine....
TIM

Dallas, TX

#6 Dec 16, 2007
Pat wrote:
There is no better meat market on the face of this earth. Grew up in Barberton,lived in the area for 62 years. Now live in North Carolina. On or visits back home. We bring back a cooler loaded with Al's Meats & Hopcan Garden Chicken.
iS THERE NO WEBSITE? DO THEY NOT SHIP?
Sally Gray

Salem, OH

#11 Dec 22, 2007
The best EVER! So glad the taste and quality of their meats hasn't changed since the early 1950s! Good childhood memories & tastes that are still with us today! Please put them on the top of your shopping list (then stop for lunch at the restaurant!)
Michael Jordan FL

New Port Richey, FL

#12 Dec 30, 2007
Been eating Barberton sausage for 50 years,first from Momcholove's on Second St. then Als' Quality meats on Tusc....No better sausage on the face of the earth.We bring 20-30 lbs. back to Hernando Beach Florida two or three times a year when we visit the kids.
Always have to explain to the airline what the wonderful smell is in the cabin.
Barbara Kaleja

Atlanta, GA

#13 Feb 9, 2008
If it wasn't for Al's my Polish husband would go crazy looking for good sausage! Until Al's he would always say "Doesn't matter what you Americans call it... it ISN'T Kielbasa!" But Al's Polish Sausage changes that!
Thank you AL
April

Erie, PA

#14 Dec 23, 2008
OMG! I love the cabbage and dumplings! We have to have their Hunky Sausage at every holiday dinner!
bobbo

United States

#16 Oct 22, 2010
best hungarian, bratwurst, slovene sausage on my neck of the planet. the man smokes the meat to perfection and cuts fresh meat like not other butcher around. He is a master of his craft. I am forever sold on the Barberton sausage master.
jazzerback

Sahuarita, AZ

#17 Nov 26, 2010
I grew up in Barberton, but, have been gone for a long time. My brothers and I have been trying to duplicate some of the old Slovenian recipes and are stumped on how to make zeludac (not sure of spelling, always thought it started with a J) If anybody knows how to make this Slovenian sausage please let us know. If Al would like to give up the recipe we would love that too. Thanks to all anyway.
Maggie

United States

#18 Apr 19, 2011
I have wonderful childhood memories going to Al's with my dad. You can't beat that great smell that hits your nose when you walk in! I still make trips to Al's for the best hungarian salami in the universe!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barberton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge rules man ineligible for execution in Ohi... 1 hr Lt Tyree 2
News Woman At Large After Scalding Child 2 hr Walkin Boss 1
News Akron man pleads guilty, sentenced in sexual as... 2 hr Walkin Boss 1
News Akron police investigating fatal shooting at ga... Mon Walkin Boss 1
News Akron man accused of drunken hit-skip of motorc... Mon Walkin Boss 1
News Akron man accused of dragging naked Cuyahoga Fa... Sun wow 1
News Akron police shoot suspected shooter in ear Sun Stan Berdan 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barberton Mortgages