Barberton Tanning Salon Serves as Front for Gambling House

Police removed 23 gambling machines from a tanning salon they say was serving as a front for a gambling room. Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
tired

Doylestown, OH

#226 Sep 15, 2009
i never said anything about gambling...
not everything he does is illegal..how can you say something like that
you dont know him as you have stated in other posts.
as for drugs thats the last thing on his mind...
never has never will
he is a boiler oprator by trade.....
FactFinder101 wrote:
Tired, incase you didn't know it, gambling is legal in Texas so I doubt you will make any money there. The biggest illegal business in Texas is drugs..
<quoted text>
FactFinder101

Barberton, OH

#227 Sep 15, 2009
tired, The title of this board is "Barberton Tanning Salon Serves as Front for Gambling House" that is why I refered to gambling being legal in Texas! But the fact that you said "NOT EVERYTHING HE DOES IS ILLEGAL" says a lot! I do not know the owner of Midnight Rayz but for some reason this is the most commented story in the Norton Forum and that's why I keep reading it..Then you set yourself up so that everyone can see the type of people that are associated with Midnight Rayz. Now we have one of the men charged and convicted of illegal gambling being accused of taking drugs across multiple state lines! If you don't want people to know all your business..stop telling it to us!
tired wrote:
i never said anything about gambling...
not everything he does is illegal..how can you say something like that
you dont know him as you have stated in other posts.
as for drugs thats the last thing on his mind...
never has never will
he is a boiler oprator by trade.....
<quoted text>
tired

Doylestown, OH

#228 Sep 16, 2009
you are the one accusing him of drugs...
he has no drug charges on him...
its people like you that say the dum stuff then push the blame to others..
i will say it again... you say you dont know him so how can you say what you did?
it dont matter what you say we know truth...
the tanning is sold and he took a boilers job..
end of story...life goes on...
FactFinder101 wrote:
tired, The title of this board is "Barberton Tanning Salon Serves as Front for Gambling House" that is why I refered to gambling being legal in Texas! But the fact that you said "NOT EVERYTHING HE DOES IS ILLEGAL" says a lot! I do not know the owner of Midnight Rayz but for some reason this is the most commented story in the Norton Forum and that's why I keep reading it..Then you set yourself up so that everyone can see the type of people that are associated with Midnight Rayz. Now we have one of the men charged and convicted of illegal gambling being accused of taking drugs across multiple state lines! If you don't want people to know all your business..stop telling it to us!
<quoted text>
amk

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#229 Sep 17, 2009
he(jeff) DID and if dropped i would be surprised

but he should watch summit county page more closely HE NOW HAS 3 ACTIVE WARRENTS

AND NO it is not ray the normal boring working guy just trying to make a buck to feed his family
Dumbfoundedagain

Warren, OH

#230 Sep 29, 2009
What bothers me most is the people who have been ripped of for wanting a tan. This is the second time I have paid in advance just prior to the place shutting it's doors. Both times the companies, I feel, knew they would be shutting down, yet they took my forty bucks anyway.

The first time was about two years ago maybe, in Acme Plaza on Manchester Rd. A nice tanning/cellular shop owned by ..... a policeman. He took my forty bucks, I got to tan once.

Now midnight rayz was the coolest tanning place, I loved it, and I purchased a new package, evidently after all the legalities began. They should have told me. They should have let me pay per tan. It's like the Carousel Dinner Theater.... selling next years memberships in December, while knowing full well they are closing their doors in January.

I will admit, I thought they may have had machines in the back, but I was unaware that the two businesses were related. I thought someone else had a business back there. You could say that it doesn't matter..... like a landlord.... if someone is running drugs out of a house you own it's the landlord's problem..... they lose the house. Well that's funny, because I don't see Coventry Plaza being confiscated, and certainly the landlord was aware of gambling. I also don't see AMHA boarding up their buildings due to drugs. Once again, those with money or power don't seem subject to the rules and laws.
whatever

Wadsworth, OH

#231 Sep 29, 2009
if you look there is a sign on the door the tanning has been sold and will be reopening in a couple of weeks..
they will be moving some time soon to a new location...all packages are still useable when they open back up under new ownership...
Dumbfoundedagain wrote:
What bothers me most is the people who have been ripped of for wanting a tan. This is the second time I have paid in advance just prior to the place shutting it's doors. Both times the companies, I feel, knew they would be shutting down, yet they took my forty bucks anyway.
The first time was about two years ago maybe, in Acme Plaza on Manchester Rd. A nice tanning/cellular shop owned by ..... a policeman. He took my forty bucks, I got to tan once.
Now midnight rayz was the coolest tanning place, I loved it, and I purchased a new package, evidently after all the legalities began. They should have told me. They should have let me pay per tan. It's like the Carousel Dinner Theater.... selling next years memberships in December, while knowing full well they are closing their doors in January.
I will admit, I thought they may have had machines in the back, but I was unaware that the two businesses were related. I thought someone else had a business back there. You could say that it doesn't matter..... like a landlord.... if someone is running drugs out of a house you own it's the landlord's problem..... they lose the house. Well that's funny, because I don't see Coventry Plaza being confiscated, and certainly the landlord was aware of gambling. I also don't see AMHA boarding up their buildings due to drugs. Once again, those with money or power don't seem subject to the rules and laws.
Dumbfounded2

Barberton, OH

#234 Oct 9, 2009
I stop by this salon every day to see if they are opened back up and every day the place is still dark and locked up tight. I never seen a sign on the door saying it's sold or how to contact the new owner. I called the cos board and they said it is still owned by Raymond Holley. I am going to call the prosecuter and see what can be done about them stealing my money since there is no way for me to contact any of the owner's, old or new!! Consumer's have rights and this place literally stole my money from me and I want it back!! If the place was sold wouldn't there be a different phone number to call? I gave the owner the benefit of the doubt and now there is no doubt at all that me and everyone else that bought tanning package's there got ripped off! I think everyone that got ripped off by this guy should contact the better business bureau and file a complaint with them and the barberton prosecutor.$42.00 might not be a lot of money to some but I work hard for my money and I WANT IT BACK!!!
whatever

Doylestown, OH

#235 Oct 10, 2009
there is a sign on the door get off you lazy butt and look..they are in the middle of geting a new building..new open date is looking like november..
Barberton Girl

Warren, OH

#236 Oct 10, 2009
Is this really the way to treat customers? If I were this person and was treated like this I would not go back except to get my refund.
Mrs Morton

Barberton, OH

#238 Nov 2, 2009
when it rains, it pours...lol
fyi

Niles, OH

#239 Nov 10, 2009
Did you know that tanning can greatly contribute to a person's chances of melanoma the most deadly form of skin cancer. Any idiot that thinks that tan looks so great on them should take a look at people with melanoma--better yet visit the graveyard. Wise up and save your money and yourself.
Still Waiting

Barberton, OH

#240 Dec 17, 2009
October and November have come and gone and now it's the middle of December and I'M STILL WAITING for Midnight Rayz to open back up! What's the deal? I'm starting to believe all the things that have been written on here about this place and the way it was being operated!
btown bad bitch

Akron, OH

#241 Aug 11, 2011
youll all be happy to know mr. joe ellis is free & up 2 the same crap. drinnking & drugging which means dealing isnt far away--some never learn
Concrete Printer

United States

#243 Jun 29, 2012
Raymond Holley located in Barberton and so called owner of all state water proofing; liar, thief, worthless check writer
ALL are the truth as he did it to our company for almost $6,000. Deny it and I will post a picture of the returned check. Out of state scammer....
BEWARE!!!!!!
Correction

United States

#244 Jun 29, 2012
Correction
All Ohio WaterProofing
2cute 4u

Akron, OH

#245 Jun 29, 2012
first off it was a canceled check not a returned check...this so called wonderful product did not even work when receved...nore was every thing that was promised sent..also almost all parts were purchased at harbor freight..went on site it claims superior parts...he charged me 30.00 for the same bits i just payed $0.17 for So who's riping off who?...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barberton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who voted for brak ohbama 5 hr Southern gentleman 3
Summit County jury deliberates capital case aga... 8 hr Green eye 2
Are African-American voices missing from Ohio's... 14 hr Undercover Brother 7
Two Akron businesses raided during state gambli... Fri Hindu U 2
Akron continues to support expungement program;... Oct 23 Homeless Wino Pete 4
repukies are a PLAGUE ON THE LAND! Oct 23 Homeless Wino Pete 2
FALLING From GRACE Oct 22 Rushville Rocket 7
Barberton Dating
Find my Match

Barberton Jobs