Barberton Tanning Salon Serves as Front for Gambling House

Police removed 23 gambling machines from a tanning salon they say was serving as a front for a gambling room. Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
rlh

Barberton, OH

#1 Jul 24, 2009
that dumb reporter is a liar she came in to the salon and talked to ray and jeff and was told thea the back room was rented out..

the tanning is not and was never part of the gambling...
we have been there sence october im so sick of all the liars and haters out there
by the way the 2 girls thea they talked to one of them was fired from the tanning salon when we were doing the remodle...
if you want the truth come down and see us...
rlh

Barberton, OH

#2 Jul 24, 2009
sorry her boyfriend was fired not her...
rlh

Barberton, OH

#3 Jul 24, 2009
that is so unfair to slander our tanning company like that with out real proof...
raymond holley never did any thing but rent out some space so we could pay the bills and feed our children..
all the haters know who they are and know the truth........
Phoenix

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Jul 24, 2009
I find it alittle strange that I've been @ MidNight Rayz for the passed 4 weeks and NOT EVEN ONE customer ever went back to the part of the building that was being rented... And the one girl your reporter interviewed was pissed off at the owners of MidNight Rayz ...Why you ask ???
Maybe because her boyfriend..her babies dad got fired... The owners didn't do anything wrong and I think you FOX 8 NEWS are sending the wrong message all accross Ohio and that's not fair to them... I mean where do you get your reporters???
Off the nearest SHORT BUS or what ????
I hope when the truth comes out that they SUE the shit out of your news station ...I know I would and don't think for a second they won't...
How about the next time you send out your dumb ass reporter ...Have your editor or who ever makes sure they have there FACTS STRAIGHT ... Because all this is ... Is a few co-worker's/old friend's And the Hill billies your reporter interviewed got fired and are no longer friend's with the owners... And they are just jealous...And want to make it seem like they knew what was back in a LOCKED RENTED AREA ... Fox 8 News I've watched you for years and if this is how you operate I can only imagine the mountain of lies your retarted reporter's tell...
Kylee

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Jul 24, 2009
I think it's wrong the lies your reporter is saying because I TAN THERE and ever seen any crimial activies. Hope you guys dont ruin that salon those are great people there.
Dave

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Jul 24, 2009
I going tanning there on a regular basis and those women lied today on the news.
Because there are never more then a few cars there because there are not that many beds for the parking lot to be packed, Piss OFF FOX 8 NEWS
rlh

Barberton, OH

#7 Jul 24, 2009
i cant believe that
my salon made top 5 on the fox 8 hot list this year
with all our fake tanning people....
Kristi Watson

Barberton, OH

#8 Jul 25, 2009
As an employee of midnight rayz tanning salon i would like to say that your reporters and police are mis informed. I think as the people who are supposed to serve and protect they are not doing a very great job if they cant get the simple facts straight.. i would like to know how i managed to pay my bills if the salon was a front for the gambling, youve got to be kidding me, i went to school for nails,and i take my job very seriously and for someone to say that its just a front is just stupid. i have been working as a nail tech for the past seven months, i have wonderful clients, and have developed a successful following there. that salon is a great place, and the people who work there are wonderful. aside from what happened in the backroom, they are two separate businesses. the police just want to put a bad name out there, because they think that people will listen to them.. well sorry to say midnight rayz is here to stay.. come check out all of our beds, and ask about nail and hair specials new specials daily.. walk ins welcome, =)
jnh

Warren, OH

#9 Jul 25, 2009
yep its me! this is bs that reporter had no idea! i talked to her to get the facts straight and she twisted the f##k out of it! i mean come on if this is bigger than people posing as cops than somethings wrong ohio! and fox 8 can suck a fatty with that stupid ass reporter! we are honest hard working people and dont cause nobody no harm. It shows that something needs 2 be done with our elected officials. just look at the chief and listen to him he had no idea what had happened and the scenario! i mean come on chief how many perks or doobies did you ingest before the interview. being that more barberton cops drink and use cause their so damn bored!! good job tax payers!!
feffy out!!!
Queen

Akron, OH

#10 Jul 25, 2009
Sad to see this happen to such a nice facility, but they should have saw this one coming. The unprofessional staff really tipped me off.
FactFinder101

Barberton, OH

#11 Jul 25, 2009
After reading the post on this websight and being a Barberton resident I decided to do some research on both of the Mr Holley's since so many people are saying the reporter in this story is mis-informed. I first started with local court records and was amazed at the criminal records of both of the Mr Holley's! Then I went to the Summit County court reords and again was amazed at both men's records. I also searched state records and found that Mr Raymond Holley had owned another business at the same location that was shut down by the Ohio Department of Taxation. Here is a link to the letter that was sent to Mr Holley in May of this year notifying him of this. http://www2.sos.state.oh.us/reports/rwservlet... . After reading all of this I find it very unlikely that the reporter is mis-informed and hit the nail right on the head!
Tax Depo

Barberton, OH

#12 Jul 25, 2009
Hey Kristi, do you get a paycheck or are you paid in cash? Can you collect unemployment or worker's comp? Are you getting a W2 or a 1099 at the end of the year? You might want to rethink the statements you've made on here because big brother is always watching.
FactFinder101

Barberton, OH

#13 Jul 25, 2009
Hey TaxDepot, I just did a little more research and can not find Midnight Rayz as a business in the state of Ohio so I doubt very seriously that Kristi will be getting any type of tax forms at the end of the year.
MzTanOhio

Barberton, OH

#14 Jul 25, 2009
I tan at Rayz on a regular basis and I have gone through the room with the slot machines in it and the owner of Rayz was in there with his feet propt up on his desk watching everyone play the machines. You have to go through the gambling room to get to the spray tan room so I don't know what all the people from Brooklyn NY are talking about. And why would they come all the way from NY to Rayz to tan anyways? Don't they have tanning salons in NY?
TaxDepo

Barberton, OH

#15 Jul 25, 2009
Factfinder I think you're right, I don't think the reporter is misinformed. I think it's the employee's that have it all wrong. Guess they'll find out come tax time lol.
princess

Uniontown, OH

#16 Jul 25, 2009
After reading what factfinder wrote, I also went to look at the police records of the Holley brothers. among the many charges there, was theft, writing bad checks, and assults. there are also several cases against ray for bad business dealings involving his other company (REH) with all this information, i cant help but wonder why these criminals continue to try to portray innocence, let alone act like they are the victims here. I wonder what other criminal activities these so called victims are involved in. good riddance, to bad rubbish. p.s. rlh- if you are such an upstanding bussiness owner, why is it you cant figure out how to spell the words, before you print them?? lmao
last laugh

Barberton, OH

#17 Jul 25, 2009
I would like to take the time and say .... people like this is the reason the world is the way it is ..... Mr.Ray Holley has been under the law for a long time ... you can't get out of this .. you will need someone better than eddy for this one....also are people thinking about the kids who were tanning at this factility ... i don't want my kids around things like this!!! they should be charged with endangering children for ever minor that was tanning ...... awhile these act were going on ... OHIO NEEDS TO STOP LOW LIFE PEOPLE LIKE THIS HOW CHEAT THE SYSTEM AND THE GOVERMENT.. DON'T YOU PAY CHILD SUPORT?? DO THEY KNOW!!! THEY WILL NOW !!!!!!!! ISN'T YOUR WIFE ON SSI HOW MANY BUSINESS DO YOU TO HAVE ..... HOW CHILD SUPPORT DO YOU GET FOR SOMEONE ELSE KID... B
FactFinder101

Barberton, OH

#18 Jul 25, 2009
Last laugh, it sounds like you know these people personally. If I were you I wouldn't advertise that too much because there's going to be more arrests lol. Who's Eddy?
last laugh

Barberton, OH

#19 Jul 25, 2009
sorry for the spelling but people like that make me so mad........ people who rip off the tax paying people should pay dearly ...... i have looked up all of this and i know it to be true .. ms. holley and both of the holley brothers .. have cheated everyone they have came in contact with...

1. they have cheated the children in there home..
2. irs 5. family
3. ssi 6. csea
4.welfair 7. courts
last laugh

Barberton, OH

#20 Jul 25, 2009
atty. eddy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barberton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gang activity increasing in Akron (Jun '07) 3 hr Amish Al 145
It's Been A Hard Road To 12 Step For Zanzibar's... 4 hr Southern Ohio wac... 1
Akron man accused of biting off man's earlobe d... 4 hr Walkin boss 1
Summit County program offers free diapers to pr... 5 hr average86 3
Panel reflects on Martin Luther King Jr.'s legacy 16 hr Mr. Yodiak 3
Nathan millirons 16 hr Mr. Yodiak 2
Who recalls Todd Hickman (akron) (Sep '11) 22 hr Rob 56
Barberton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web