Purebred dogs getting abandoned in Wi...

Purebred dogs getting abandoned in Wisconsin county

There are 23 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 26, 2011, titled Purebred dogs getting abandoned in Wisconsin county. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The Sauk County Humane Society has seen a spike in purebred strays collected in the last month.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rich U

Austin, TX

#1 May 26, 2011
These breeders are real dog lovers aren't they?
Frank

United States

#2 May 26, 2011
Rich U wrote:
These breeders are real dog lovers aren't they?
no one said the were dog lovers...it's simply a business to them
me_myself_and_ir ene

Minneapolis, MN

#3 May 26, 2011
"These breeders are real dog lovers aren't they? "

The other way of looking at it is how foreseeable this was, yet it was passed anyhow. This will continue to be an overflow valve for breeders. They will keep breeding as they always have and just give the unwanted pets to the shelter or kill them instead of sell them. Even after this starts to occur, the hubris of those who supported the law won't allow them to rescind it.
actual reader

Minneapolis, MN

#4 May 26, 2011
It's high time to regulate puppy mills and put out of business the mall pet stores where you can pick up a Peke-a-poo on the same whim you buy a pair of shoes.

if you can't take the trouble to research a breed, figure out what you want and pass the scrutiny of a CARING breeder -- not the "Huh. We've got a Lab, let's get some money out of her!" backyard breeder, then you shouldn't have a dog.
Anonymous

Washington, DC

#5 May 26, 2011
"Dumping" an animal is nothing short of appalling. I seriously hope some of these people are caught. But given the general attitude toward prosecuting people committing crimes/misdemeanors where animals are concerned, it would not surprise me if absolutely nothing were done. Pathetic really.

“Ahhhh hee ahw”

Since: Aug 09

Twin Cities

#6 May 26, 2011
actual reader wrote:
It's high time to regulate puppy mills and put out of business the mall pet stores where you can pick up a Peke-a-poo on the same whim you buy a pair of shoes.
if you can't take the trouble to research a breed, figure out what you want and pass the scrutiny of a CARING breeder -- not the "Huh. We've got a Lab, let's get some money out of her!" backyard breeder, then you shouldn't have a dog.
You can't regulate the black market.

The arrogance of a lot of breeders leads to the proliferation of puppy mills
Annie

Hopkins, MN

#7 May 26, 2011
If I had the time, I would adopt a dog. Poor puppies.
meh

Saint Paul, MN

#8 May 26, 2011
"I just don't like the government coming in and trying to regulate stuff when they know nothing,"

Too bad that covers 99% of everything they do...
Mike

Muldoon, TX

#9 May 26, 2011
meh wrote:
"I just don't like the government coming in and trying to regulate stuff when they know nothing,"
Too bad that covers 99% of everything they do...
Like you?
meh

Saint Paul, MN

#10 May 26, 2011
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you?
Wow...great comeback. Not only are you totally off topic, but you show a typical lack of ability to think for yourself...kind of like all the folks that need the government to take care of them.

Now go back to Facebook where you can pretend people give a rat's butt what you think.
SpaceCowboy

Minneapolis, MN

#11 May 26, 2011
The true breeders should already be licensed and they should be completely on board for the new law. This law is only forcing the marginal breeders to do it the right way or get out of the business. That can only mean good business for the GOOD breeders. Obviously Jane isn't one of those GOOD breeders.
SpaceCowboy

Minneapolis, MN

#12 May 26, 2011
Jinder wrote:
"Dumping" an animal is nothing short of appalling. I seriously hope some of these people are caught. But given the general attitude toward prosecuting people committing crimes/misdemeanors where animals are concerned, it would not surprise me if absolutely nothing were done. Pathetic really.
The general attitude? In most cases animal cruelty penalties are more severe than most other crime. It's not really a matter of "doing" something about it. It's more like a matter of proof like a license plate # or camera footage at a "dump" site. Even then what do you suppose the "dumpers" get charged with assuming the animal is healthy. Maybe there is a statute for something like that. I would hope there is a statute for dumping a tame animal in the wild to fend for itself but I would rather they dump them off at the humane society where the animal would have a chance. I could see if it continues happening authorities need to find out where these animals are coming from.
Hop Sing

Saint Cloud, MN

#13 May 26, 2011
Where the dog at? I pick them up fast!
CCc

Minneapolis, MN

#14 May 26, 2011
these morons are breeders in genersl. i bet most of them can't take care of themselves. how in the heck are they reproducing so quickly? these people should be sterilized!!!
exed

Taylor, WI

#15 May 27, 2011
Is this a tempest in a teapot, or are lots of breeders dumping hundreds or thousands of purebred dogs? If such dumping is happening on a massive scale, that would seem to show the law was needed.
Storm Warning

De Forest, WI

#16 Jun 22, 2011
SpaceCowboy wrote:
The true breeders should already be licensed and they should be completely on board for the new law. This law is only forcing the marginal breeders to do it the right way or get out of the business. That can only mean good business for the GOOD breeders. Obviously Jane isn't one of those GOOD breeders.
The true negroes should already be licensed and they should be completely on board for the new law. This law is only forcing the marginal negroes to do it the right way or get out of the business. That can only mean good business for the GOOD Negroes. Obviously Jane isn't one of those GOOD Negroes
Mellod

Omaha, NE

#17 Jul 5, 2011
Storm Warning wrote:
<quoted text>The true negroes should already be licensed and they should be completely on board for the new law. This law is only forcing the marginal negroes to do it the right way or get out of the business. That can only mean good business for the GOOD Negroes. Obviously Jane isn't one of those GOOD Negroes
More propaganda from the SPAM KING, Storm Warning!!!
BigBalls

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Jul 5, 2011
Speaking of similar breeds......have any of you ever seen Eric Holder and Larry Tate in the same room together? Hmmmm. Just sayin.
FIRESTARTER

Glendale Heights, IL

#19 Oct 18, 2011
Baraboo is full of DOGS...slutty ones too
Mark

Plainfield, IL

#20 Oct 20, 2011
FIRESTARTER wrote:
Baraboo is full of DOGS...slutty ones too
lol....you did not just say that...LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baraboo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tell trump hes Apr '16 vote ted cruz 1
Why a Woman President Is Important for the US Apr '16 Papi Chulo 1
Ted Cruz Revealed, Watch Video, then Vote Apr '16 Vote For Trump 1
ladys say trump done Apr '16 Vote For Trump 2
Ted Cruz Revealed, Watch Video, then Vote Apr '16 Vote For Trump 1
Corrupt Wisconsin Dells Cops (Jun '09) Apr '16 Shameful 74
Ted Cruz is a Pathological Liar Apr '16 Vote For Trump 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baraboo Mortgages