Student sexual abuse complaint raised at The Gunnery

Full story: NewsTimes.com

Supervisory State's Attorney at Bantam Superior Court Terry Sonnemann confirmed the office is investigating complaints of sexual abuse of a Gunnery school student.
Comments
101 - 120 of 126 Comments Last updated Mar 6, 2011
Motherboard

Brunswick, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2009

Judged:

Trolls on news sites wrote:
You little trolls...what the hell happened to innocent until proven guilty...oh no it's easier to hide behind the anonymity of the internet and make smug **** comments...go to eBaums world or Break.com with your trolling...well bring it on. I knew this man and he never acted inappropriately towards me or my peers. If he's guilty, let a court decide...not some **** behind a computer screen.
Good point. Many people comment as though this man has already been proven guilty--and some are blaming his students for the situation. The courts should decide this matter.

But the law is clear: Teachers should not engage in sexual relationships with students, no matter how willing the students appear to be. Minors who are questioning their sexual identity are extremely vulnerable...no adult should take advantage of that.

This is tough on the Gunnery community...no one should take delight in that.
Motherboard

Brunswick, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2009

Judged:

teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
it should not be a tough tough situation, a teacher should never put him or her self in a position that an accusation will be made against them, never be alone anywhere with a student and immediately report and deal with any inappropriate actions, remarks or comments from students, the first time you let a stray comment or action slide you have jeopardized your career.
Sad, but true. Being a teacher these days is like walking through a mine field.
The Duke of Deception

Bridgewater, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

Judged:

Oh, and can we stop referring to The Gunnery as "elite"? Third Tier is more like it...
Proud Gunn Alum

Fords, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

Judged:

Duke of Deception...you are one sad little boy.
kev

Saratoga Springs, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2009

Judged:

yourealldisgusting wrote:
you are all disgusting people. this is a man's career and credibility being butchered by three students whose parents dont love them.
i went to the school i kno the kid that was assaulted and i dint mind reinhardt but what he did to my friend is unforgivable he should rot in jail
remy123go

Beverly, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2009

Let's let the process work- it doesn't matter what you think it matters what happened. This is a school full of human beings-- and peoples' lives are involved, so a little humility and perspective should be in place.
positive person

Lafayette, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2009

Judged:

To The Duke of Deception:
How sad is your life? Are you envious of The Gunnery? Please tell us what "incredible: school you attend or attended. I'm sure there is plenty I could comment in a negative way about your precious school. You need to grow up and worry about the situation at hand and not look for a boyfriend for yourself.. Now lets get back to what is important, The situation with Rhino, and not waste anymore time with your non-appropriate comments. I was not a student at The Gunnery, but I know him and he is one of the best persons I have ever met. Get to know him before you judge him. God bless Rhino and the kids,.....
Parent of Alumni

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

Judged:

Does anyone on this post even know anything about the Gunnery? Did your child go there? Mine did and Mr. Reinhardt was a good teacher, coach and a kind person. Innocent until proven guilty!
Sam from Connecticut

East Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

Judged:

Sent Reinhardt to jail for life. He is not safe around kids.
JCC

Washington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2010

Judged:

You can't look at a picture and assume hes a bad person. sure he was gay. Who cares. he never put students in uncomfortable situations. He was a great coach, and a great guy. i could walk on over to him whenever there was something on my mind. You guys saying this trash about him and you have no clue who he is. I could gaurentee that if you met him you would think much differently. The student still in this case is a jackass and this will all be over soon and you will all see how innocent he is.
WE LOVE YOU RHINO
JCC

Washington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2010

Judged:

Parent of Alumni wrote:
Does anyone on this post even know anything about the Gunnery? Did your child go there? Mine did and Mr. Reinhardt was a good teacher, coach and a kind person. Innocent until proven guilty!
Yes. i am at the gunnery as a sophmore now. hes a fantastic guy. i had him just for my freshman year. but thats all i needed. These other people can't be so quick to judge. you people don't know the gunnery or rhino. i wish he were still at the gunnery. He doesn't deserve this. Hes innocent! JUST WAIT AND C EVERYONE
Grooming Coach

Yorktown Heights, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

want to see my willy
BPT

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

These types of threads turn me on and make me want to drink alcohol again.
Santa Claus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

Miguel wrote:
If only teachers at elite private schools were allowed to get married this would not happen. I also heard that this guy once watched the Pope in TV so I hold the Church responsible.
No this guy is a homosexual. Teenage boys are a delicacy in their mind... much like guinea pigs are to South Americans.
Santa Claus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

JCC wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. i am at the gunnery as a sophmore now. hes a fantastic guy. i had him just for my freshman year. but thats all i needed. These other people can't be so quick to judge. you people don't know the gunnery or rhino. i wish he were still at the gunnery. He doesn't deserve this. Hes innocent! JUST WAIT AND C EVERYONE
Your parents are liberals, and if you randomly told them you`re gay at dinner tomorrow night they`d be cool with it. Trust me, give it a shot.
BPT DC JAMES J HONIS

Peekskill, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Do what I did, go to the mother and pay her off, convince her its the best for the child to not be marked as "damaged goods." Then, chase around the victim her whole life, take notes of all her enemies because they important to keep around, use the entire department, take everything from her until you get her past the statute of limitations. That is how you save your pediphile of a friend get away with child sexual assault. I should know! I protect the Voccola family! They are my friends! Now, where is that box full of money.
ELIZABETH

Peekskill, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Judged:

I'm back Jimmy.
ELIZABETH

Peekskill, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Judged:

James J. Honis of the Bridgeport Police Department likes little boys. Likes looking at their pictures. Likes touching himself while little boys are around. He liked to hang around the Voccola bike shop on East Main Street. DIRTY JIMMY HONIS! You can buy all the hoes you like but those of us that really know you know you really, really like skinny little boys! Just like Eddie Voccola!
ellbee06

Pleasant Valley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

Dr Ty Sanchez wrote:
<quoted text>
True. They are distinctly different mental disorders.
are you saying that homosexuality is a mental disorder?
Last American Cowboy

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

ellbee06 wrote:
<quoted text>
are you saying that homosexuality is a mental disorder?
YES!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bantam Discussions

Search the Bantam Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Give Local Challenge May '14 Greenwoods Counseling 1
CT Who do you support for Governor in Connecticut ... (Oct '10) Apr '14 America Gentleman Samuel 780
Just bought a 1.1 metro (first car). any good c... Apr '14 Anonymous 1
CT Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Connectic... (Oct '10) Sep '13 Enid Schmiege 2,048
CT Who do you support for Attorney General in Conn... (Oct '10) Sep '13 Brigid Doiley 375
CT Who do you support for Treasurer in Connecticut... (Oct '10) Sep '13 Sol Fuentez 97
CT Connecticut Primary Election August 10: Will yo... (Aug '10) Sep '13 Christoper Toliongco 669
•••
•••
•••
•••

Bantam Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bantam People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••