Public Weighs In On Arrest; Opinion S...

Public Weighs In On Arrest; Opinion Split on Belmont County Commissioner

There are 1 comment on the Wheeling News story from Jul 28, 2012, titled Public Weighs In On Arrest; Opinion Split on Belmont County Commissioner. In it, Wheeling News reports that:

Several Belmont County residents said Commissioner Matthew D. Coffland lost their votes when he was arrested at Jamboree In The Hills, and some even believe he should resign his post.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wheeling News.

Al Givens

Bellaire, OH

#1 Aug 19, 2012
Although I wasn't present at the incidents resulting in the charges brought against Matt Coffland at JITH and his place of business at the Tiger Pub, I can't help thinking the two incidents are related and politically motivated. I've known Matt Coffland for a long time, professionally and personally. He's always been fair and just to me and others I've seen him in contact with. He is very serious about his job, both in his place of business and as a public official as Belmont County commissioner, but yet a fun loving person. I spoke to him on the phone the night he was en-route to JITH, the night the alleged assault had taken place, and was in a good mode. He said he was taking the family out to relax and have a good time.

Matt Coffland has done a lot of good for the Belmont County residents as a Mead township trustee and county commissioner. As a public official, he is above average in helping the residents of Belmont County.

No, I don't think Matt Coffland should resign just because some residents have a high standard for public officials and will convict a person before due process of the law.

Yes, Matt Coffland will get my vote for county commissioner or if he runs for public office in any capacity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bannock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pete Byers dog owner 6 hr Truthfully 1
News Energy: Solar power not producing results Dec 4 Solarman 8
Belmont Correctional Instution becoming a den o... (Dec '08) Nov 22 jake 86
Vote for Donald J. Trump Oct '16 MAGA 1
News September 14, 2016An Ohio man was jailed in a N... Sep '16 Principal1 1
News Donald Trump to visit eastern Ohio on Tuesday Jun '16 d pants 14

Bannock Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bannock Mortgages