HEMET: Safety director undergoes tests after blackouts, accidents

Oct 1, 2011 Full story: The Press-Enterprise 14

After being involved in two car accidents in the span of a month, including one in a city-owned vehicle, Hemet Public Safety Director Andy Hall said he is undergoing a battery of medical tests and is not driving until the results come back.

Full Story

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1 Oct 1, 2011
Way to go Hemet City Leaders. You've once again shamed our city. The PE failed to mention that HPD officers on the clock have been driving Andy to and from his home... Quite the expensive catch
George B

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#2 Oct 1, 2011
it just never ends. and the city maanger just keeps on defending his self left and right. what a joke.
two left feet

San Jacinto, CA

#3 Oct 1, 2011
I don't get it. A consultant gets a city vehicle? He's the public safety guru buy caused accidents-but kept driving. When did he disclose to the city? If this was anyone else at city hall they'd be fired for negligence on the job or placed on leave pending an investigation. It is up to him to find his means of serving out his contract not the taxpayers. Are we being charges for his milage rt from LQ to Hemet and his hotel costs even though the city offered a facility for free to him

Just more Nakamura mismanagement
George B

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#4 Oct 1, 2011
funny how the press enterpirse doesnt allow for comments on the story in their website. gee does that mean that they are owned by the city. what a joke.
Steve Jackson

Hemet, CA

#5 Oct 1, 2011
This man caused a crash on the I10 freeway that injured 5 people while driving a city owned vehicle. Nakamura knows damn well that there is significant city liability. The civil settlements on 5 injured people will far surpass the $208,000 that the city is paying this guy. Also, if Hall told CHP after this first crash that he blacked out, why was he not sent for medical evaluation at that time? The personal liability on Hall for the second collision is huge. He has 30 years of law enforcement experience and knows better, but clearly he is above the standard of normal folk. He needs to resign and anybody that had knowledge of this collision and his "black out" claim needs to be fired for allowing him to continue to drive.

Who authorized him to drive a city vehicle to La Quinta and back?$208,000 is not enough? Isn't this city cutting staff and pay and benefits? How many other administrators in this city drive city owned vehicles to their homes out of the city? Nakamura has ruined this city and needs to be fired now!

Location hidden

#7 Oct 2, 2011
Steve Jackson wrote:
This man caused a crash on the I10 freeway that injured 5 people while driving a city owned vehicle. Nakamura knows damn well that there is significant city liability. The civil settlements on 5 injured people will far surpass the $208,000 that the city is paying this guy. Also, if Hall told CHP after this first crash that he blacked out, why was he not sent for medical evaluation at that time? The personal liability on Hall for the second collision is huge. He has 30 years of law enforcement experience and knows better, but clearly he is above the standard of normal folk. He needs to resign and anybody that had knowledge of this collision and his "black out" claim needs to be fired for allowing him to continue to drive.

Who authorized him to drive a city vehicle to La Quinta and back?$208,000 is not enough? Isn't this city cutting staff and pay and benefits? How many other administrators in this city drive city owned vehicles to their homes out of the city? Nakamura has ruined this city and needs to be fired now!
He Also has a gas card from the city... Now, as a non driver, that burden has been placed on officers who take him him & pick him up on the company dime. Wasteful spending Hemet

Location hidden

#8 Oct 2, 2011
two left feet wrote:
I don't get it. A consultant gets a city vehicle? He's the public safety guru buy caused accidents-but kept driving. When did he disclose to the city? If this was anyone else at city hall they'd be fired for negligence on the job or placed on leave pending an investigation. It is up to him to find his means of serving out his contract not the taxpayers. Are we being charges for his milage rt from LQ to Hemet and his hotel costs even though the city offered a facility for free to him

Just more Nakamura mismanagement
The City knew of the first accident and looked the other way
Steve Jackson

Hemet, CA

#9 Oct 5, 2011
Why does a consultant that makes $208,000/ yr get a gas card or car to get to/from work? Does this criminal Nakamura get to do what he wants with no oversight? Where are the elected officials on this one? Why is this not on their radar? Are council members involved in this activity?
average joe

Glendora, CA

#10 Oct 5, 2011
The good old boys run the city and the city council. Us taxpayers need to demand that the D.A. investigate the city and the good old boys. PETTY,MINOR,LOWE,VANARSDALE,JO NES,FOUTZ,CHADURY,FRENCHVILLE, DIMEMMO,STONE,COOK. IF I MISSED ANY ONE PLEASE ADD-ON.
Steve Jackson wrote:
Why does a consultant that makes $208,000/ yr get a gas card or car to get to/from work? Does this criminal Nakamura get to do what he wants with no oversight? Where are the elected officials on this one? Why is this not on their radar? Are council members involved in this activity?

Location hidden

#15 Oct 6, 2011
stella72 wrote:
Way to go Hemet City Leaders. You've once again shamed our city. The PE failed to mention that HPD officers on the clock have been driving Andy to and from his home... Quite the expensive catch
I heard he was given rides by co workers at city hall
whomever

Hemet, CA

#16 Oct 6, 2011
average joe wrote:
The good old boys run the city and the city council. Us taxpayers need to demand that the D.A. investigate the city and the good old boys. PETTY,MINOR,LOWE,VANARSDALE,JO NES,FOUTZ,CHADURY,FRENCHVILLE, DIMEMMO,STONE,COOK. IF I MISSED ANY ONE PLEASE ADD-ON.
<quoted text>
McCommas, aka Pirot's towing.
get em

Ontario, CA

#17 Oct 6, 2011
whomever wrote:
<quoted text>McCommas, aka Pirot's towing.
You're kinda off base here ... And there
Steve Jackson

Hemet, CA

#18 Oct 6, 2011
The continued corruption within the Hemet City Hall can not be so obvious, but nobody willing to challenge it publicly. What is every body afraid of? give me facts and I will make sure that someone investigates this crap.

Names are great, but what are these people doing?
kat

Hemet, CA

#19 Oct 11, 2011
Have his wife drive him to and from work...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Banning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
any Gay guys In San Jacinto 8 hr Wyd700 4
Yucapa Valley HS pregnancy club (Feb '14) 10 hr Gail Fource 20
Officials: Missing Dog Was Dyed to Deceive Sun Parden Pard 3
MenifeeRELIGION NOTES: Church to celebrate cent... Dec 19 Gerald Vonberger 1
Man Allegedly Threatens to Shoot School Employe... Dec 19 lupita garcia 1
Inland EconomyHEMET: Vons grocery to close Dec. 28 Dec 17 lupita garcia 1
Remains of Man Found Along San Jacinto Road Dec 15 lupita garcia 2

Banning News Video

Banning Dating
Find my Match