Green defends title in AC-T Half Mara...

Green defends title in AC-T Half Marathon

There are 14 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Sep 4, 2007, titled Green defends title in AC-T Half Marathon. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

A year ago, Atlanta's Michael Green smoked the long-distance field during the Asheville Citizen-Times Half Marathon, 5K and WNC Parent Fun Run.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

Matt

Greenville, SC

#2 Sep 16, 2007
How do people run 13 miles?
I can hardly sit here and type
homophobic idiots

Asheville, NC

#4 Sep 16, 2007
What is with you people? It is truly disgusting to read these comments about a RACE and to see it become a place for homophobic rants. You all need to get a life and learn a little tolerance. On the course everyone is thinking of beating their personal best and having a good run, not sex. Too bad none of you seem to have experiened that firsthand as your comments would indicate.
Losers!
Runon

United States

#6 Sep 16, 2007
Great event with fantastic support from the community. Sad to see the ignorant comments from those with nothing better to do. Find another forum for your juvenile comments!
Retired Chiropractor

AOL

#7 Sep 16, 2007
homophobic idiots wrote:
What is with you people? It is truly disgusting to read these comments about a RACE and to see it become a place for homophobic rants. You all need to get a life and learn a little tolerance. On the course everyone is thinking of beating their personal best and having a good run, not sex. Too bad none of you seem to have experiened that firsthand as your comments would indicate.
Losers!
I am not homophobic, I just plain don't like damm queers.
Retired Chiropractor

AOL

#8 Sep 16, 2007
OK the PC censor didn't like my post. I'll try again,

I am not homophobic, I just plain don't like damm sodomites
homophobic idiots

Asheville, NC

#9 Sep 16, 2007
I am female and I am straight, married and have a family. But because I not a raging ignorant idiot like yourself and others here, it is assumed that I am gay. That is priceless. Thanks for making me want to have another child so I can teach another future citizen of this community tolerance and respect.
Freddie

Eddyville, KY

#11 Sep 16, 2007
Big Wally wrote:
<quoted text>
yada, yada, yada, coming form a gay guy in bicycle shorts looking for his next gay lay...
Coming from someone who is a toe tapper in a men's room that means oh so much.
a reader

United States

#13 Sep 16, 2007
did I miss something? How did an article on a half-marathon turn into an argument about gay people? It was a great race, thought that's what the article said.
homophobic idiots

Asheville, NC

#14 Sep 16, 2007
Big Wally wrote:
<quoted text>
and coming from a swordswallower from bat cave, it really endorces my claim... go away F A G...
"big wally"- i sincerely hope that you are from PA and that you don't move here, come here or think about here any longer. If you are here I have an idea- MOVE. If you are from here, then you make me so ashamed to be a native N Carolinian.

“"We have come too far, ”

Since: Apr 07

Corinth, Texas

#16 Sep 17, 2007
a reader wrote:
did I miss something? How did an article on a half-marathon turn into an argument about gay people? It was a great race, thought that's what the article said.
I was wondering the same thing until I read homophobics post. It seems that there is always one "baiter" on these threads.
Elmer

United States

#17 Sep 18, 2007
Practice what you preach, hypocrites. Learn a little tolerance for the intolerant. Do you not realize that you are bigoted toward bigots?
homophobic idiots wrote:
Losers!

Corinth, Texas

#18 Sep 18, 2007
homophobic idiots wrote:
I am female and I am straight, married and have a family. But because I not a raging ignorant idiot like yourself and others here, it is assumed that I am gay. That is priceless. Thanks for making me want to have another child so I can teach another future citizen of this community tolerance and respect.
Could you explain just where the heck you got any idea that anyone was making any type of homophobic comments when you posted your first remark? I find it a bit strange that you would begain to rant and rave about something that is not visable to the rest of us. Was there perhaps a comment that the moderator immediately removed? Or do you just have a vivid imagination or just want to see how much crap you can stir?

As for Big Wally, ignore him . He's a troll who has been booted more times than most can conceive of and has more aka's than most illegal mexicans.

“ Mr. Cougar”

Since: Mar 07

Asheville

#20 Sep 18, 2007
LEAVE Big Wally alone i got your back dog

Corinth, Texas

#21 Sep 18, 2007
Just what the hell do you ever contribute to a post. Dumb stupid remarks like those on this one? You call that contributing? You are nothing but a foul mouth TROLL looking for attention. Yea, I notice the responces that you get, like go away. You need some mental help boy if the kind of response that you receive is a positive thing for you. You are the type that throw out crap and hope it sticks and then you sit around yanking off when you do get some kind of resonse. It's call LOW SELF ESTEEM when you have to resort to the type of posting you do in order to get the attention you crave.

AS far as coming back, Not if I and a slew of others can help it. There are ways to have you blocked and stopped totally. Here's hoping the day will come soon. Trolls like you are never needed on a forum and no one made you a troll. It was your choice to make the comments that get you booted. Think about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Banner Elk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bragging on the mailman 13 hr Splitrail 3
M & M Tree Farm Nov 19 Shelly 1
Owens, Landsman and Brother (May '12) Nov 18 Freethinking 14
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in North Caro... (Oct '10) Nov '16 404 error 34
Fraud food stamp Sep '16 Dee 1
Knights on Main (Apr '14) Aug '16 B-rad G 3
Flanagans Auto Repair Banner elk, nc (May '08) Aug '16 Fidel 13

Banner Elk Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Banner Elk Mortgages