From far away

Frisco, TX

#1 Apr 23, 2011
My family wants to move to banner elk but we need to know a little more about the place. What's it like? How are the schools? Crime rate? Also, are there any jobs that are good around there? How is the weather? We've visited and we loved it but we need a little more information. Please help.
wondering

Stanley, NC

#3 May 15, 2011
Most ppl who live here love the weather. Four distinct seasons. Winter has been really hard the last two years. Avery County is a great place to live. Not alot of jobs here. Not sure what business you are in. School systems in Avery County are great. Banner Elk is getting ready to open a new school, by Christmas next year. Relatively low crime rate. Meth used to be pretty bad in the county, but seems to have gotten better. Where are you moving from?
paul

Roan Mountain, TN

#4 Jun 7, 2015
From far away wrote:
My family wants to move to banner elk but we need to know a little more about the place. What's it like? How are the schools? Crime rate? Also, are there any jobs that are good around there? How is the weather? We've visited and we loved it but we need a little more information. Please help.
Winters are brutal. Jobs are low pay. Meth is bad around here. Cost of living is very high.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Banner Elk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lynn Rollins (May '17) Oct '17 answerforit 7
Summer Jul '17 Butterfly 5
Larry patterson Jun '17 FYI 2
News WCSO, Boone PD, Lenoir PD Bust Large Cocaine Di... (Jul '09) Jun '17 Hayden 20
Girl that works at the gas station beside Mcdon... (May '17) May '17 Living 1
Owens, Landsman and Brother (May '12) May '17 nativenursery 24
Home rental (Feb '17) Apr '17 DrNPilots 5

Banner Elk Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Banner Elk Mortgages