Banner Elk officer shoots, wounds two...

Banner Elk officer shoots, wounds two suspects

There are 21 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from May 12, 2007, titled Banner Elk officer shoots, wounds two suspects. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

A police officer shot and wounded two people in a car when the driver attempted to run him and other officers over, the Avery County Sheriff's Office said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Face The Truth

Charlotte, NC

#24 Jul 21, 2010
Becca wrote:
I am very sorry about what happened to your brother and his passenger. But if I were in Officer Shraders position I would have responded the same way. Your brother obviously did not have good intentions when he tried to run over the officer. I would not have any sympathy for someone who was trying to run me over. And I would not just step out of the way and give them another chance to run over me. I would shoot and not think twice about it. Your brother might not be a liar but he is apparently a thief and possibly a drug addict. The car he was driving was reported stolen and he was charged with possession of methamphetamines and possession of drug paraphernalia. And the higher authority you refer to, which by the way is known as the SBI, always investigates shootings involving law enforcement officers. In your eyes the cop who shot your brother may be “a trigger happy, untrained, son of a bitch who needs to go to anger management classes” but in my eyes he is a hero and I am glad he stopped your brother before he seriously hurt someone.
I completely agree!!! This guy doesn't seem like a "good guy" to me, judging from the facts at hand. Doesn't sound like much of an angel at all. Silly cops; harrassing fine, upstanding citizens! Yes, that last sentence was definitely sarcasm, just in case there's anyone here who doesn't understand that particular concept.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Banner Elk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shawn Harbin 7 hr pissed 3
Home rental Feb 7 Bobby 4
Owens, Landsman and Brother (May '12) Jan '17 Not even close 21
News Winter returns, snow starting to fall in parts ... Jan '17 Noo 2
Night in Blowing Rock? Dec '16 Lol 5
Bragging on the mailman Dec '16 Splitrail 3
M & M Tree Farm Nov '16 Shelly 1

Banner Elk Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance