What's going on at Blowing Rock PD?

What's going on at Blowing Rock PD?

Posted in the Banner Elk Forum

xxx

Black Mountain, NC

#2 Oct 8, 2012
Melvin Purvis wrote:
What in the world is going on at Blowing Rock PD? They have lost several officers in the last year, including a Captain. Now I'm hearing that Aaron Miller has been hired from the fire dept to fill the Captains slot. This in itself is a joke. Aaron has worked everywhere in the world, and has quit or been fired from every job that he has ever had. Sheriff Lyons fired him for wrecking his patrol car too many times, and now he is a captain at the Police Dept. I think that our tax dollars could do better than that. He filed bankruptcy several years ago after his hardware store in Vilas went under, and he managed to screw all of his employees in the process. Of course, that didn't stop him from buying a new truck. As a tax payer, I would like to know why the police dept is losing so many people. is it the Chief's fault? Tax payers want to know....
I hear it has gone down hill since Chief Tolbert left. A friend of mine who used to work there told me that Chief Brown is a complete idiot. Apparently, all of their officers are leaving and going to the sheriffs dept. As far as Aaron Miller goes, what does a full time fireman know about being the Captain at a police dept? I would say NOTHING! It doesn't really matter anyway because I'm sure Miller will quit before too long anyway.....He always does.
000xxx

Greer, SC

#3 Oct 8, 2012
I thought the BRPD would soon be WCSO anyway.
xxxOOO

Greer, SC

#4 Oct 8, 2012
Melvin Purvis wrote:
What in the world is going on at Blowing Rock PD? They have lost several officers in the last year, including a Captain. Now I'm hearing that Aaron Miller has been hired from the fire dept to fill the Captains slot. This in itself is a joke. Aaron has worked everywhere in the world, and has quit or been fired from every job that he has ever had. Sheriff Lyons fired him for wrecking his patrol car too many times, and now he is a captain at the Police Dept. I think that our tax dollars could do better than that. He filed bankruptcy several years ago after his hardware store in Vilas went under, and he managed to screw all of his employees in the process. Of course, that didn't stop him from buying a new truck. As a tax payer, I would like to know why the police dept is losing so many people. is it the Chief's fault? Tax payers want to know....
Go ask, if you want to know. You seem to know so much about Mr. Miller and his personal life, purchases etc..do you think that has anything to do with the way the chief runs his dept say so. You being a tax payer has nothing to do with Mr. Miller's personal life.
Why

Black Mountain, NC

#6 Oct 8, 2012
I guess my question would be why the captains position wasn't given to someone already working there instead of hiring someone from the outside. The whole thing doesn't make much sense to me....In fact, it sort of sounds kind of dirty on the part of the Chief. I guess time will tell and the truth will eventually come out
xxxOOO

Greer, SC

#7 Oct 8, 2012
Melvin Purvis wrote:
<quoted text>
That's where you are wrong dumb a$$.....Police Officers are expected to be held to a higher standard. If he can't handle his personal finances etc...then how is he supposed to lead and supervise at a police dept. Him being a captain, he will surely be in charge in the absence of the chief. So, then the question is how on earth does a full time fireman, who has previously filed bankruptcy, who has been fired from one law enforcement agency already become the captain at a police dept? This shows some very bad decisions on his part in the past....That is why it is my business as a tax payer. Go watch your cartoons and leave this conversation to us grown ups, moron.
Like I said, if you care SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much, simply go ask. The newspaper article said he has also been a "reserve" police officer. Quite a talented man to juggle BOTH those occupations at the same time. Keeping up with all those training things you have to do, laws you have learn, classes etc... I would not be so quick to judge someone finances if, I didn't know the intimate details. Someone might just ask YOU to prove it. But it's OK to go on line and spout one sided stories, when all you have to do is go to the next council meeting and ask your question. I won't even address your first sentence, it's not worthy.
xxxOOO

Greer, SC

#8 Oct 8, 2012
Why wrote:
I guess my question would be why the captains position wasn't given to someone already working there instead of hiring someone from the outside. The whole thing doesn't make much sense to me....In fact, it sort of sounds kind of dirty on the part of the Chief. I guess time will tell and the truth will eventually come out
Here again, the Rocket list the officers employment history at BLOWING ROCK.
TJH

Black Mountain, NC

#9 Oct 8, 2012
xxxOOO wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said, if you care SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much, simply go ask. The newspaper article said he has also been a "reserve" police officer. Quite a talented man to juggle BOTH those occupations at the same time. Keeping up with all those training things you have to do, laws you have learn, classes etc... I would not be so quick to judge someone finances if, I didn't know the intimate details. Someone might just ask YOU to prove it. But it's OK to go on line and spout one sided stories, when all you have to do is go to the next council meeting and ask your question. I won't even address your first sentence, it's not worthy.
I don't know about the other poster, but I can prove it because I'm related to one of the handful of people that he SCREWED at the store after he filed for bankruptcy. He's a snake in the grass! He screwed my relative out of thousands of dollars, and then bought a new truck! I'm not sure who you are or why you are taking up for this guy, but I DO know what I'm talking about! I wouldn't trust him to be a dog catcher, much less a captain at a police department. Since you are soooooooooooooo worried about taking up for Mr Miller, call Kelly Redmond at the Sheriffs Office and ask him, since he was one of the ones screwed out of thousands. The other poster was right, you are a dumb a**
xxx000

Greer, SC

#10 Oct 8, 2012
If you have issues file a complaint, all complaints MUST be investigated. I don't even know the guy. What your saying sounds illegal. Go recoup the funds, if it's true. This kind of accusations make ALL law enforcement look bad. Since YOU say, you can prove it, do it or shut up. PS, I like the way you toss "Kelly Redmond" name out there, since these people will probable work together especially if the two merge. That will make for GREAT working relations. I'm sure Redmond will send you a thank you note.
TJH

Black Mountain, NC

#12 Oct 9, 2012
xxx000 wrote:
If you have issues file a complaint, all complaints MUST be investigated. I don't even know the guy. What your saying sounds illegal. Go recoup the funds, if it's true. This kind of accusations make ALL law enforcement look bad. Since YOU say, you can prove it, do it or shut up. PS, I like the way you toss "Kelly Redmond" name out there, since these people will probable work together especially if the two merge. That will make for GREAT working relations. I'm sure Redmond will send you a thank you note.
LOL....you're about stupid! You don't think that Redmond and Miller know each other? Me "tossing" Redmond's name into it has nothing to do with it. Believe me, they know each other....Miller screwed him, remember?? The damage has already been done.
Huckleberry

Greer, SC

#13 Oct 9, 2012
I think the point was, now each man's EMPLOYER, knows. If there should be an "incident" between them in the work place, there could be legal issues, law suits, etc..The town/county might think it better not to take the risk of legal fees. That's what happens when you put OTHER peoples names out there. The individual may not care but town and county officials might.
HaHaHa

Mooresville, NC

#14 Nov 9, 2013
Anyone heard anything about an SBI investigation now ongoing involving one or more of Blowing Rock's officers??
lolz

Costa Mesa, CA

#15 Dec 11, 2013
It was a beach mountain employee, that place is all screwed up, lol ;)
M Leegan Howe

Chesterfield, SC

#16 Jan 8, 2014
Why did Eric resign?
lolz

Costa Mesa, CA

#17 Jan 16, 2014
He was too busy bein a druggie, do to his work, lolz :P
lolz

Costa Mesa, CA

#18 Jan 16, 2014
Nov. 14, 2013. The Avery County SheriffÂ’s Office received a complaint concerning the possible illegal activity on the part of Beech Mountain Police Officer Josh Hernandez.

Hernandez
Hernandez
Sheriff Frye had the complaint forwarded to Chief Jerry Turbyfill, of the Beech Mountain Police Department, and the chief initiated an internal investigation into the matter.

When it became obvious that there was some validity to the complaint, Chief Turbyfill contacted the State Bureau of Investigation to investigate the case further. After a brief investigation by the S.B.I., Officer Hernandez was relieved of his duties with the police department and turned himself in to face a felony charge of conspiracy to obtain a controlled Substance.

Hernandez was released on an unsecured bond of $25,000.

Chief Turbyfill could not comment publicly on personnel issues; however he did state that Joshua Hernandez was a good man and fine officer with an unblemished career to this point.

Chief Turbyfill and Sheriff Frye both agree that in law enforcement not only are we sworn to protect the public, we must also police ourselves even more closely than we police the public.
concerned

Boone, NC

#19 Jan 18, 2014
Why wrote:
Perhaps you should do some research. The chief had nothing to do with this hiring. It was ALL the town manager. Perhaps a lot of research should be done. Would you or any of the other people in town want this piece of crap as your next chief ????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Banner Elk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anybody know her name? Apr '16 Curiosity 1
Apr '16 Erin Brockovich 1
Two Rooster Crows to go Mar '16 Peter 1
News Temperatures warming in North Carolina, problem... Feb '16 filtersdelivered 1
Hickermans country kitchen Jan '16 Full belly 1
Flanagans Auto Repair Banner elk, nc (May '08) Dec '15 trucker 12
Derek Peterson (Aug '15) Aug '15 Hank Williams 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Banner Elk Mortgages