Mayor Burr gets asked to leave restau...

Mayor Burr gets asked to leave restaurant for belligerence

Posted in the Bangor Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Evelyn

South Haven, MI

#1 Jul 16, 2013
While enjoying a birthday dinner with my daughter and son in law I witnessed our Mayor getting belligerent with the bartender at a local restaurant and getting asked to leave after throwing his check at the bartender, I was very alarmed at his behavior of arrogance considering this is a man that represents our city and the people residing here. Shame on you!
Downtown guy

South Haven, MI

#2 Jul 17, 2013
Evelyn,
when and where did this happen?
Did you see the whole incident, and what led up to it, or just the end of it?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#3 Jul 17, 2013
Holy! What restaurant?
down the street

South Haven, MI

#4 Jul 17, 2013
Evelyn wrote:
While enjoying a birthday dinner with my daughter and son in law I witnessed our Mayor getting belligerent with the bartender at a local restaurant and getting asked to leave after throwing his check at the bartender, I was very alarmed at his behavior of arrogance considering this is a man that represents our city and the people residing here. Shame on you!
You need to backup the incident with exactly what you saw and where it happened, otherwise, nobody will believe that this really happened. At least the name of the restaurant...
Downtown guy

South Haven, MI

#5 Jul 17, 2013
I agree with the last comment.
Anyone can say anything they want about anyone on this forum. We need more details.
Also, as I said in my first comment, if you didn't see the entire chain of events you don't know what was said or done that may have set off a justified negative reaction. Maybe he got an incorrect bill and the bartender didn't handle it well or something.
So please offer up more details. Then those of us interested in this allegation can verify it fairly easily - or find out it didn't happen.

Location hidden

#6 Jul 17, 2013
I AGREE...explain more.
Evelyn

South Haven, MI

#7 Jul 17, 2013
This took place at taste Saturday evening, He was being very loud and was told more then once to act accordingly after that he was asked to pay his tab and tossed the check at the bartender after acting very loud with the man he left in such a manner half of his group was still left there. Downtown guy I do not see where any restaurant misunderstanding could justify his behavior that night.
down the street

South Haven, MI

#8 Jul 17, 2013
Taste restaurant. You say that our Mayor was asked to leave, did you hear this or assume he was asked to leave?
I do not know the Mayor, have never met him and only recognize him from photos. So, he was loud as are many here in restaurants on Saturday night. You witnessed a "celebrity" and ran with the story.
In my opinion, it was wrong to post your negative comments. Please do the public a favor and try to stay away from jury duty.
Evelyn

South Haven, MI

#9 Jul 17, 2013
down the street wrote:
Taste restaurant. You say that our Mayor was asked to leave, did you hear this or assume he was asked to leave?
I do not know the Mayor, have never met him and only recognize him from photos. So, he was loud as are many here in restaurants on Saturday night. You witnessed a "celebrity" and ran with the story.
In my opinion, it was wrong to post your negative comments. Please do the public a favor and try to stay away from jury duty.
. Well apparently downtown guy your arrogance is justifying him treating another human like dirt. I was there to hear them tell him twice to leave there establishment. But I forgot you where there right. I will gladly get of the jury if your the judge, for not knowing this man you have done nothing but justify his behavior. Ps you have some arrogance on your face downtown guy. Your reports are like that of the tribune fake and burr sided. Shame on you.
Evelyn

South Haven, MI

#10 Jul 17, 2013
Correction..meant to reply to "Down the street" My apologies "downtown guy"
down the street

South Haven, MI

#11 Jul 17, 2013
Too bad that you took precious time away from the birthday dinner with your daughter and son-in-law to concentrate on other patrons conversations.

Location hidden

#12 Jul 17, 2013
Well I talked to someone who works that and they indicated that no such thing occurred. They said there was a large group and alot of loud people but no problems. No one was asked to leave or cut off.
down the street

South Haven, MI

#13 Jul 17, 2013
Evelyn wrote:
Correction..meant to reply to "Down the street" My apologies "downtown guy"
Seems you have a few apologies.
Justice for all

South Haven, MI

#14 Jul 18, 2013
Well it speak's for it's self !! There a Buisness and do not want to say any thing about the mayor ! A lot of thing's get covered up in small town's no matter what you see or hear from now on carry a little video cam ?.
worker at taste

South Haven, MI

#15 Jul 18, 2013
Edwa799 wrote:
Well I talked to someone who works that and they indicated that no such thing occurred. They said there was a large group and alot of loud people but no problems. No one was asked to leave or cut off.
Apparently you did not talk to someone who works here because in fact it did happen but he did leave and was very apologetic. no harm no foul just another person having a good time and taking it a little too far.
up the street

Mattawan, MI

#16 Jul 19, 2013
Down the street does the cat have your toungue or is that the mayor in your mouth.
Taste worker2

Fennville, MI

#17 Jul 19, 2013
Real business. Had a front row seat for this.
Anonymous

Salt Lake City, UT

#18 Jul 19, 2013
what was it over?
susan

Salt Lake City, UT

#19 Jul 19, 2013
Doesn't matter really to me. So he drank and got into an argument or maybe he didn't. So what? Doesn't mean he is not doing a good job, who cares what he does socially as long as he is doing a good job
Justice for all

South Haven, MI

#20 Jul 19, 2013
The young adult's in the area don't need to see him acting like that he should be an example to them and any out of town people here to visit ! If they see and here that then hear it's the mayor that doe's not look good for south haven .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bangor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Problem with South Haven !! Sep 19 Heavy Faith 1
explosion Sep 19 Blue Cheese 2
News Van Buren County activates emergency ops center... Aug '16 Prayers 1
Why Trump is running for prez Aug '16 Idea Maker 1
Grill Aug '16 Jayson 1
Al Capone (May '11) Aug '16 fspraggi 15
Peaceful Protest Planned Aug.13 @ 2pm Jul '16 common sense obse... 3

Bangor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance