South Haven Man Busted for Allegedly Running Illegal Medical Pot Operation

Full story: WHTC

A 23-year-old South Haven man was arrested by Van Buren County Deputies and South Haven Police after a search warrant was executed at the Tranquility Central store on 2nd Avenue.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
FConsolino

Lewiston, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2012

NOBODY WAS ARRESTED!! GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE REPORTING....I AM THE OWNER OF THIS AND THE " 23 YR OLD" SUPPOSEDLY ARRESTED

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2012

Glad for that bro !! They are just making a show of force for election year but no arrest cause they have already been told not to bring any of this medical cannabis in front of the Judge ... Frank can you clue me in of what exactly the strain make-up of that old 98 ??

Thanks for showing compassion to the ones that others are persecuting
LiveinSOHA

Muskegon, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Judged:

I feel that if trainquility was up on all the logistics of the buisness that this would of NEVER happened. I've been in Tranquility many times and many times they have not checked me for my proper paper work. Julie the owners wife has never even smoked medical marijuana before yet still has her card and pretends she knows what strains are good for you. Some times kids shouldnt be doing adults jobs! 23pshhh...obviously not grown enough to do there jobs right and to except the responsibility that comes with it.
PushingEnvelopes
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

LiveinSOHA wrote:
I feel that if trainquility was up on all the logistics of the buisness that this would of NEVER happened. I've been in Tranquility many times and many times they have not checked me for my proper paper work. Julie the owners wife has never even smoked medical marijuana before yet still has her card and pretends she knows what strains are good for you. Some times kids shouldnt be doing adults jobs! 23pshhh...obviously not grown enough to do there jobs right and to except the responsibility that comes with it.
This is just silly. Being a caregiver and never smoking is no reason to doubt a person's knowledge on the subject. That argument is just as valid as someone saying, "you don't know what strains are good for you because you're always stoned." There were no arrests, no charges, and I haven't been in ONCE without being asked for my paperwork.

Your opinion just became irrelevant.
Anabel

Pullman, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Where is this?
Anabel

Pullman, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

FConsolino wrote:
NOBODY WAS ARRESTED!! GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE REPORTING....I AM THE OWNER OF THIS AND THE " 23 YR OLD" SUPPOSEDLY ARRESTED
Well what happened thou
down the street

South Haven, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

New location on Center?
Suddenly Susan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Yes they have moved to their brand new location on Center Street. They are now located closer the the festival and covert venues. They are also within walking distance to residence homes.
Clueless

Shawano, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

So ..

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Clergymen want to end war on drugs by decriminalizing the use of marijuana and other drugs.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. The Rev. Edwin Sanders says churches should help heal the sick, feed the hungry and set prisoners free.
Even if they smoke pot.
Sanders, pastor of Metropolitan Interdenominational Church in Nashville, is part of a group of clergy who want to end the war on drugs by decriminalizing drug use. They met this week in Nashville at American Baptist College.
Sanders said the so-called war on drugs has failed for two reasons. First, he said, addiction to drugs is a disease, not a crime.
"You don't criminalize and incarcerate people who have a disease," Sanders said. "You treat and care for them."
Second, Sanders said, the laws on drug use aren't enforced fairly. A report from the ACLU of Tennessee released Thursday showed that black Tennesseans are arrested on marijuana possession charges four times as often as whites. About 45 percent of those arrested for marijuana-related crimes are black, even though blacks make up about 17 percent of the state's population.
The war on drugs has led to mass incarceration of young black men, said the "The war on drugs is a moral injustice," he said.
Ethan Nadelmann of the New York-based Drug Policy Alliance, which advocates decriminalizing drug use, was one of the guest speakers at the conference, which ended Friday.
He said pastors and many other Americans, especially in the South, believe drugs are inherently evil. That's why jailing people for using them sounds so appealing.
"Deep down, we believe that putting these drugs in our bodies is a sin," he said.
Punishing people for alleged sins didn't work during Prohibition, Nadelmann said, and it doesn't work now.
Support growing for legalizing pot
A growing number of Americans seem to agree with Nadelmann. A Pew Research Center Poll released in April found that 52 percent of Americans polled supported legalizing marijuana use. That's up from 41 percent in a similar poll in 2010.
Nadelmann said 18 states, plus the District of Columbia, allow medical marijuana, and at least another dozen states no longer consider possession of small amounts of marijuana a crime.
The Rev. Enoch Fuzz of Corinthian Baptist Church in Nashville, who was not at the conference, was skeptical about legalizing drugs. Instead, he wants to see more money spent on treatment. He also would like the police to focus more on major drug dealers and less on the people who use drugs.
"We need to keep it criminal and increase our efforts to catch the big-time dealers, who are making all the money," he said.
Clergy at the conference said the consequences of a drug arrest can last long after a person gets out of jail.
Many drug convictions are felonies, and those with felony convictions have a harder time finding jobs or housing, lose their voting rights and sometimes are disqualified from getting financial aid if they want to go to college.
Pastor says hunger, war on drugs linked
A new proposal in the Senate would bar felons from getting food stamps, said the Rev. Derrick Boykin, associate for African-American leadership outreach at Bread for the World, an anti-hunger organization.
Boykin said Bread for the World doesn't have a position on decriminalizing drug use. But he argues that there's a link between the war on drugs and hunger.
When parents go to jail for possessing drugs, family members are left to fend for themselves. They lose the parent's income, so there's not as much money coming in to pay for essentials like food or housing.
Cutting off food stamps because of a felony conviction would hurt families, he said "they won't be able to put food on the table."
The Rev. John Jackson from Trinity United Church of Christ in Gary, Ind., who is a former Chicago police officer turned pastor, said there has to be a better alternative to jail time for drug use.
"God does not care if you smoke weed," he said. "God is not that petty."
susan

South Haven, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Nice

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bangor Discussions

Search the Bangor Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Walmart Apr 14 soha local 3
1/2 naked man (Feb '11) Apr 12 Facebook 48
Foundry Hall Apr 11 in the know 2
Tranquility Store on Center (Jun '13) Apr 8 Tranquility Central 37
Aldi (Aug '13) Apr 8 Maple Tree 19
Robert Kilburn. Fake Navy Seal (Jun '13) Apr 5 Exposing the Facts 6
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Mar 27 rider 109
•••
•••
•••
•••

Bangor Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Bangor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance