Drunk Husband Kills Wife With Car

A Watervliet woman is dead after her husband hit her with his car. The Berrien County Sheriff's Department says Watervliet's Scott White was drunk when the car he was driving struck and killed his wife, 40-year-old Debra White. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
watervliet resident

Ashburn, VA

#41 Jan 1, 2010
Didn't know Scott personally, but I have to talked to alot of people who did. They said Scott and his wife both liked to party, and those of you who do -know anything can happen. As that as a factor, I do not believe that he would intentionally try to run over his wife. She could have possibly got mad at him and wamted to get out of the car, and by doing so slipped if drinking, and he accidently ran over her. He has to deal with this the rest of his life, and to face the children of the woman he loved and to me that is the greatest punishment anyone can suffer. Put yourself in his shoes if he,or you weren't drinking and this happened. Same case senerial, your life will never be the same and not one minute will go by, that you wish it was you that died. Shame an all of you for just blaming the alcohol, because it could of happened either way. I feel sorry for the kids and him and I don't feel it was intentional. Just my opinion, but I'm sticking with it!
watervliet resident

Ashburn, VA

#42 Jan 1, 2010
And to Dee, How do you know this couple drank so much, and did you associate with them alot? If so We would assume you drink also. Most people that don't drink don't hang out with (your words so called sloppy drunks) what's up with that?
Corinne

United States

#43 Jan 16, 2010
Yes, Scott was drunk but Deb had a higher alcohol level then he did when she opened the car door and jumped out WHILE THE CAR WAS MOVING!
talk about poor judgment!
yes Scott hit Deb and she died but I think "he killed his wife" is an not accurate description of what happened that night. I've known Scott all my life and I believe this was not something he did purposely /intentionally! he's a good man who loves his family and is devastated over what has happened. punishment,consequences yes acting as his judge and jury no! we all have to give an account when we meet our maker. he'll have to give his.
also, don't forget he has young children, who will someday be reading these posting. do we really want them looking at these viscous words about their father?
melissa wynkoop

Dexter, MO

#44 May 11, 2010
copersmom wrote:
I think Scott was an old friend of mine from AZ. Does anyone know if he used to live in the Phoenix area? If it's the person I am thinking of, I worked with him for a long time, and back then he was a very kind man with a big heart. He was a hard worker and would help anyone that needed it. This is a very sad story, I agree with prior posters, the entire family needs prayer, including Scott.
yes scott is from arizona
melissa wynkoop

Dexter, MO

#45 May 11, 2010
Scott is my cousin and he is a very good dad and he loved his wife. he didnt choose to have his wife jump out of their car.

Since: Feb 13

United States

#46 Feb 18, 2013
I feel bad for the stupid people out there who think this was done on purpose. My dad loved and still loves my mom very much. And would never have done this on purpose. You people are honestly really stupid. You obviously don't know them at all if you thought they were "drunks" because they weren't at all. They were normal parents who did the best to raise their children the right way. And not have us go out and do a bunch of drugs and sleep around as many of the kids do today. They liked having a drink every once in a while. And none of you knew what happened in the house unless you were my brother, dad, mom, or I. No one is perfect and we all have our accidents. So unless your perfect don't even think about judging my dad. I look up to my dad. I love my dad more than anything. I know what happened was not on purpose. My dad is my hero. He will always be. He went through a lot after this happened. And I honestly don't know how he did it. He did the best he could for me and my brother. He raised us right. And he is still doing the best he can. And you can't just go around asking people what they think about it, because chances are what they heard about the story isn't even half right. Its like the telephone game. By the end of the circle, once it gets back to the person who started it, it
isn't even right. You need to know the facts before you start saying anything. And you call yourself adults? I'm pretty sure I'm more mature than that. And I'm only 16. You can't just go around telling people what you heard because what you heard probably isn't right and it's all a bunch of rumors. Think before you say. It really hurts me to read all these comments about my dad, when I bet half of you don't even know the real truth. Thank you for the ones that did stick up for my dad. And for those who don't know my dad was found not guilty in the court of law for the cause of death. He was found guilty of drunk driving and negligence. The negligence was due to driving while intoxicated. My parents did what many many people do. Many people do this and are very lucky, my dad just so happened to be one of the unlucky ones.
watervliet friend

Coloma, MI

#47 Apr 6, 2013
Ha elkhart resident. He didnt go to jail and hus kids love him very much. He wasnt a drunk he was only drunk at the time as were she. Teddie and kutis know what the real story is and thats all that matters. Quit posting stupid shitand get on with your life fucktards
watervliet friend

Coloma, MI

#48 Apr 6, 2013
Tell em teddie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bangor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old Newspappers 1800"s--early 1900"S (Sep '12) Wed xxx 2
Hotels Wed Detroit 3
South Haven Tribune out of business?? Feb 23 Cat Woman 5
Driving with 4 way flashers turned on Jan '15 Butch 3
Beware of 2 people claiming to shovel your side... Jan '15 anon 1
South Haven Needs a Parking Garage Jan '15 Anonymous 14
Do you approve of Robert Burr as Mayor? Dec '14 anon 14
Bangor Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Bangor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:44 am PST

NFL 9:44AM
Ready to ride the Theo Riddick hype train?
Bleacher Report 8:29 PM
Latest Lions Free Agency News, Rumors
Bleacher Report 7:18 AM
Best Options to Replace Briggs This Offseason
Bleacher Report11:55 AM
Could Lions Use Round 1 Draft Pick on Running Back to Replace Reggie Bush?
Bleacher Report 1:14 PM
Could Bears Ever Get Fair Trade Value for Forte?