Walleye anglers upset over crackdown ...

Walleye anglers upset over crackdown on Kawkawlin, other Michigan rivers

There are 1 comment on the MLive.com story from Mar 28, 2010, titled Walleye anglers upset over crackdown on Kawkawlin, other Michigan rivers. In it, MLive.com reports that:

A posting near the mouth of the Kawkawlin River in Bangor Wownship alerts anglers that the area has been designated a fish spawning area and fishing there is prohibited.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MLive.com.

TOM

United States

#1 Mar 28, 2010
CLOSING DOWM KAWKAWLIN RIVER MOUTH WILL NOT AFFECT SPAWNING FISH MOST PEOPLE THAT FISH THERE RELEASE BIG SPAWN FILLED FEMALES. ICE ANGLERS AND BOAT FISHERMEN TAKE MORE IN 1 DAY THAN THE HANDFULL OF PEOPLE TAKE OFF SHORE AT MOUTH OF RIVER ALL SEASON.THE RIVER MOUTH WAS SHUT DOWN TO TARGET A FEW GUYS WHO FISH LEGAL AT MOUTH BUT CATCH TO MANY FISH ACCORDING TO DNRE.they ran a 2 week under cover operation last year resulting in 3or 4 tickets for fishing past seawall they had 1 or 2 under cover officers down there a few times (3 to 5) resulting in them harrasing all the fisherman down there and closing it this year. i planned on my son learning about fishing this year at kawkawlin river we dont have a boat so now he has to learn how the poweres that be can do what they want when they want even if it is not the will of the people sounds familiar dosnt it. I FEEL VIOLATED

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bangor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Problem with South Haven !! Sep 19 Heavy Faith 1
explosion Sep 19 Blue Cheese 2
News Van Buren County activates emergency ops center... Aug '16 Prayers 1
Why Trump is running for prez Aug '16 Idea Maker 1
Grill Aug '16 Jayson 1
Al Capone (May '11) Aug '16 fspraggi 15
Peaceful Protest Planned Aug.13 @ 2pm Jul '16 common sense obse... 3

Bangor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance