First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Anonymous

Salt Lake City, UT

#1 Jun 18, 2013
Does anyone know anything about the new guy running against Burr? I am not finding much about his campaign or about him.
Sand Dollar

Naperville, IL

#2 Jun 18, 2013
Didn't know anyone was running against him.
Burr seems to have done a pretty good job. Much better than the last mayor.
Anon 2

Salt Lake City, UT

#3 Jun 19, 2013
Frank Consolino
Downtown guy

South Haven, MI

#4 Jun 19, 2013
The mayoral challenger is Frank Consolino, owner of the Tranquility Central store that is now on Center Street downtown (near Murphy's Mall)
Interested

Salt Lake City, UT

#6 Jun 24, 2013
Tell us a bit about yourself, Frank. Age, family, background. What do want to see changed in town? Why are you running? Experience? Why should I vote for you?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#7 Jun 25, 2013
Growing up my parents instilled a drive in me to always go for more. At successful moments in our lives to never forget where I came from and appreciate how I got to each point. My father served as Justice of the Peace for Covert MI. I remember hearing stories from community members telling me how great of a man my father was, he even sentenced a man to jail and felt guilty because his family had no source of income for those weeks, so my father went and bought two weeks worth of groceries and dropped them off to the mans family. I think its attitudes like this that we have gotten away from, and its due time we get back to this mind set. I am a citizen NOT a politician, Im just an average man that feels a commitment to help his home and every person that shares this home with me. If our schools are facing budget cuts and our teachers are buying their own classroom supplies, there's something wrong. Sure these are state funding cuts but these schools and these kids are part of our community, sure Id like to lower taxes and create better roads and jobs, everyone wants that, this is a given but there are more important issues such as keeping year round economy for business to not only flourish in the summer but also in the off seasons. Jobs aren't going to come unless we bring them here. Im 25 years old and a father of four. Along with my fathers role as Justice of the Peace he also served his country in the Army, was a police officer and volunteer firefighter. My mother was a Nurse for over forty years and retired as Director of Nursing of her facility. As I said before I have no political background, Im a citizen not politician. You should vote for me because I believe in this community and I believe that we can become more then a summer tourist town.
Ave 9

Salt Lake City, UT

#8 Jun 25, 2013
Can we hear some policies? Are you having a meet and greet?
Frank Consolino

South Haven, MI

#11 Jun 25, 2013
Ave 9 wrote:
Can we hear some policies? Are you having a meet and greet?
Yes of course, I will share a few plans with you folks, I think the big thing is going to be getting manufacturers, but in order to do so we have to offer some kind of incentive to draw these industry leaders here, I will use say Ford as an example, if we can offer them 5 years property tax free with an agreement to stay in south haven for the next 25 years plus contribute to road repairs for damage caused by their freight for the entire 25 years. We have an empty Pullman Industries building, and a ton of empty factory buildings along Kalamazoo St. These places are doing nobody any good sitting empty. Second I would say we have to offer our youths something in the winter to do, this town dies off to a ghost town and the youths are stuck with not a thing to do, then we wonder why they resort to crime and drugs. the answer is simple, we have to quit saying we are going to do something and just do it. I would love to hear from the residents as well. I will start going door to door starting the 29th through election.

Since: Aug 11

Naperville, IL

#12 Jun 27, 2013
Sounds like Franks C. would not be a bad choice. Glad he gave us an up date on himself.
Susan

United States

#13 Jul 5, 2013
Party?
Frank Consolino

Fennville, MI

#14 Jul 6, 2013
Section 3.2. Election procedure
The election of all elected City Officers shall be on a nonpartisan basis. The General Election statutes shall apply to and control all procedures relating to registration and City Elections except as otherwise provided in the South Haven City charter.
Justice for all

South Haven, MI

#15 Jul 7, 2013
And then!
Susan

United States

#16 Jul 30, 2013
Are you still running? Having not heard you campaign or anything? Do you really own Tranquility? How the hell did you think of that type of business?
Frank Consolino

South Haven, MI

#17 Jul 31, 2013
Yes I am still running for Mayor. Because of there not being a primary election you will not hear much in the newspaper for a couple of months. As I said in my statement above we have started the door to door process. Please be patient for this is our volunteers and my busy time of the year, I assure you we will make our way to talk to everyone. and will post meet and greets as they are scheduled. I do own Tranquility, however I do not see where my choice of businesses have anything to do with my campaign. It is a legal business that has and always has had a business license through the Van Buren County Clerk, just like any other store in the county.
Bill

United States

#18 Aug 2, 2013
Your choice of business has everything to do wt it. You represent the community and our morals, ideas, beliefs as a whole.
Interested

South Haven, MI

#19 Aug 3, 2013
Your worried about the mayoral challenger selling tobacco pipes did we forget the current mayor sells liquor. So before you start busting Franks balls know what your talking about.
Bill

United States

#20 Aug 3, 2013
Last time I checked he didn't own a bar or liquor store. What the hell are you talking about?
omg

South Haven, MI

#21 Aug 7, 2013
Get your facts straight he used to own the depot he only rents the building now lmao not like its a big diffrence. Who cares really election will show who the people want.
Anon

Salt Lake City, UT

#24 Aug 16, 2013
It is a big difference. How are you responsible for what they do inside the building? I mean did he ever own the bar? I don't think so.
Downtown guy

South Haven, MI

#25 Sep 5, 2013
Mayoral candidate Frank Consolino was arrested at his store Thursday on felony charges of selling marijuana. He faces up to 15 years in prison if convicted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bangor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
so what's up at The Vineyard? Oct 20 Bob M 3
News Authorities release name of weekend drowning vi... (Aug '06) Oct 6 Wish you were here 43
rona busse (maiden name) (Dec '08) Sep 29 Seymour 2
Palisades Power Plant Sep 28 I Care 1
South Haven needs a Panera (Feb '16) Sep '17 The Car Man 4
Save the Willow Ranch (Sep '10) Sep '17 Pamela Mosley 39
Twin brother reno nv tree service ? Sep '17 Trees 2

Bangor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bangor Mortgages