Woman assaulted with buck knife

A Bangor man used a buck hunting knife to assault a woman early Sunday morning in Van Buren County's Arlington Township. Full Story
Concerned Hunter

Grand Rapids, MI

#1 Jun 2, 2008
What's the point of giving the details you gave on the knife; using the brand name of "Buck" and classifying it as a "hunting knife?"
This man could have done the same thing with a Craftsman screwdriver but I bet you would not try to portray him as a mechanic and specify the brand of screwdriver! Just more media bias...
ron mexico

Grand Rapids, MI

#2 Jun 2, 2008
Concerned Hunter wrote:
What's the point of giving the details you gave on the knife; using the brand name of "Buck" and classifying it as a "hunting knife?"
This man could have done the same thing with a Craftsman screwdriver but I bet you would not try to portray him as a mechanic and specify the brand of screwdriver! Just more media bias...
take it easy.
Mega Dittos

Grand Rapids, MI

#3 Jun 2, 2008
Concerned Hunter wrote:
You have spoken a great truth here. This is all part of the liberal media’s attempt to demonize anything to due with guns. Because a gun was not used in this crime, they chose to make you believe that it was done by a hunter,“someone with guns”, to continue their agenda. Now if the woman involved would have had her carry permit, and used a gun to defend her self, they probably would not have poured so much attention into the story. Because that would make their agenda look bad, even though it would have saved her from being hurt. That is also why they used the name brand, because even a non hunter would recognize that the two go hand in hand. In stead of blogging about this, I recommend that all outdoors men and women use the contact feature at Wood TV 8’s homepage to call them out on this story. It is nothing more than an attempt to brain wash people into thinking that we are the enemy.
Gail in Wyoming

Wixom, MI

#5 Jun 2, 2008
This world is so full of nutcases! The Courts should just put them away, all in the same place. That way, they can do each other in.
Jerry

Caledonia, MI

#6 Jun 4, 2008
Concerned Hunter wrote:
Amen brother! I feel it was just another way to make the hunters look like barbarians. I also believe that the insurance companies should be helping offset the cost of our hunting licenses. They are the people giving the statistics that determines how many deer we are allowed to harvest. They are also bennifiting from the hunters by not having as many vehicles to repair, or medical expenses to pay for. We as hunters should put together a bill for that. I know all of my hunting buddies would sign.

Since: May 08

Grand Rapids, MI

#7 Jun 4, 2008
web wrote:
It shouldv'e been a leathermen.
perhaps my meat cleaver would have done more damage.....what is wrong with people doing this to each other. and at what 5:30 am. Noticed that alcohol being a factor was missing, was it?
Mega Dittos

Grand Rapids, MI

#8 Jun 4, 2008
Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>Amen brother! I feel it was just another way to make the hunters look like barbarians. I also believe that the insurance companies should be helping offset the cost of our hunting licenses. They are the people giving the statistics that determines how many deer we are allowed to harvest. They are also bennifiting from the hunters by not having as many vehicles to repair, or medical expenses to pay for. We as hunters should put together a bill for that. I know all of my hunting buddies would sign.
I would support that bill 100%
Dawn

AOL

#9 Jun 4, 2008
these comments are so true we should plan a revolt... Or take a nap.... either way stop watching the news. I love you commenters

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bangor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Worse employer to work for Sat Idea Maker 24
MI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in M... (Oct '10) Sep 12 Sybil 95
Hales Sep 10 Home town fan 14
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Sep 8 kookierecluse 122
Free internet Sep 7 Idea Maker 6
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Sep 2 just the tip 303
Van Buren County makes changeover to video cour... Sep 1 Anon 1
•••
•••
Bangor Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Bangor Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••