If Maine has been ranked "the Most Pe...

If Maine has been ranked "the Most Peaceful" state...

Posted in the Bangor Forum

huh wha

Francestown, NH

#1 Apr 27, 2012
then why are their 5 other states with lower murder rates? Why is Maine hit hardest by certain substance abuse more than others states. Why are two of Maine's cities been put on the USA top 10 most dangerous cities to drive list? Why statistically are more babies born addicted to pain killers than most states? Why are there states with lower depression and suicide rates? The list goes on and on from Maine's high cancer rates to domestic violence. I hate it when people make up these fake "subjective" categories like "Peaceful" an then take all the good scores from various other categories to drum up a Public Relations Image of a state better than it really is. For example New Hampshire has less murders per year than any other state. So why is it that Maine is claiming to be the most peaceful. You'd think that Murder Rates would be a major criteria on a "Most Peaceful State" rating. ha ha ha Besides Maine constantly lying on top lists there are no jobs in Maine and their mental & physical health care up there is laughable. Even their schools/education isn't all that great. Heck back in 2010 even their own state and local tv news and news papers reported that their biggest school The University Of Maine got a failing "F" grade across the board by a conservative think tank. They said that they failed all major criteria for State University Standards. The only category they did pass was transparency. And boy is that state transparent.

“E A D G B E”

Since: Oct 10

3rd String is the G String

#2 Apr 28, 2012
You know, it seems you have a lot of complaints about our state. So, what are you doing to help change this? That is of course, if your information is true. My people are checking these stats as I speak.

It just seems to me that Maine has gone the way of the rest of the country. Things are bad everwhere and there is no such thing as a bail out.
The people have to get back to work. Plain and simple. Solving the Unemployment problem is a key factor in solving most problems.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bangor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JustAnswer.com is a SCAM (Jan '12) Jan 12 WMN 61
News Mainers will pay more to stay warm and on the r... Jan 11 longtail 1
the real truth about the jews Dec 31 Inquisitor 2
truth about israel and the jews Dec '16 TOMMY AMAZON 1
News Vote Pennywise: Scary 2016 election attracts an... Nov '16 PeanutButtercup 7
I hate Zooey Deschanel (Mar '12) Nov '16 Persona 13
Bangor Maine Sucks (Nov '11) Nov '16 clintna dean 333

Bangor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bangor Mortgages