Bangor council votes to take Pearl St...

Bangor council votes to take Pearl Street house, extend outdoor drinking hours

There are 1 comment on the Bangor Daily News story from May 14, 2012, titled Bangor council votes to take Pearl Street house, extend outdoor drinking hours. In it, Bangor Daily News reports that:

The Bangor City Council voted 8-0 Monday, May 14, 2012, to direct the city manager to take possession of the 110 Pearl St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bangor Daily News.

Huh Wha

Seal Cove, ME

#1 May 15, 2012
Bangor Maine has a huge problem as it is with people partying and drinking all night long. Doing drugs and being obnoxious. Extended outdoor drinking hours is the last thing Bangor needs. I twill just encourage more bad behavior. I used to live near Pearl St. on Mt. Hope ave and a lot of people were extremely obnoxious with their partying and drug use. I remember back around 2006 this one party house on the corner of Pearl St. & Mt. Hope Ave. It was a large house but they rented out rooms like a rooming house I guess. They were always out at night burning rubber with their car tires and drinking on the deck and yelling "Whoooo Hoooo" all night long. The last thing this town needs is for the city counsel itself to encourage more bad behavior. I now live down near Pine St. and people over their party 24/7. I call the cops but the cops only slap them on the wrist and take off on us. I'm actually thinking about moving out of Bangor. If the cops aren't willing to stop drug noisy people and either tell them to go home or arrest them for their constant drunk driving, and if our land lords always turn a blind eye, and I'm constantly kept sleep deprived then Bangor is not a good place for me. Specially when city counsel is thinking about extending outdoor drinking hours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bangor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JustAnswer.com is a SCAM (Jan '12) Dec 3 Tom Balsley 57
News Vote Pennywise: Scary 2016 election attracts an... Nov 30 PeanutButtercup 7
I hate Zooey Deschanel (Mar '12) Nov 21 Persona 13
Bangor Maine Sucks (Nov '11) Nov 19 clintna dean 333
News More than 100 turn out to meet Muslim neighbors... Nov 18 DONALD TRUMP 7
Why are openly gay men such emotional cripples? (Mar '12) Nov 17 FinalWord 19
News Scary 2016 election attracts its 1st actual gho... Nov '16 Dr Wu 1

Bangor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bangor Mortgages