Milo sets severance package for town manager, hires interim manager

Apr 18, 2012 Full story: Bangor Daily News

MILO, Maine - Town leaders opted Tuesday to pay former Town Manager Jeffrey Gahagan 60 days of severance pay after he abruptly resigned on Friday amidst an investigation into allegations that $45,000 was missing from a local club for whom he was treasurer.

Read more
So Sad

South Portland, ME

#1 Apr 18, 2012
I grew up in Milo, graduated back around the late 80s. Moved back in the 90's for a short time. I hated that town. Lots of drunks and bullies, drug abusers losers. I can totally see something like this happening in a town like Milo. ha ha I went through so much abuse in that school system too it wasn't even funny. Im still in therapy. Anyway, you couldn't pay me to move back to Milo. Besides the last 25 years that town has been shrinking both financially and physically. They didn't even bother to rebuild the down town area after the big fire 4 or 5 years ago. I also don't miss all the small town snobs. Met way too many spiteful and vicious people in that tiny no nothing town. Anyone good I met there have moved away. But what do you expect from a town that is the History Books and major encyclopedias as being the first place in US history where the K.K.K. marched in broad daylight? It's true look it up. It wasn't in the south like you would expect. They first did a daylight march right down the center of Main St. Milo Maine. Anyway that town has a million horrible stories. Like that time about 10 years ago or so in which a girl got pregnant by her father or her uncle and kept the pregnancy a secret. They were caught burning the dead body of the baby in some brush in their back yard. Sicko town.
oh well

Blue Hill, ME

#2 May 5, 2012
I have lived in this town for 32 years, im a high school graduate from this very school. in the years living here i have found that most people here are scared of change mostly because they are to old to adjust to change. And when it comes to jobs in milo, if you are one of the lucky ones when one of the old dies off you may get a job. granted we now have dunkin donuts and tradewinds but those jobs were taken they day the store opend. the only two places in this town that seem to keep people employed is the railroad and jsi. As far as history goes milo has its fair share like any small maine town. just because the KKK marched down main street does not make this town a bad place to live. If you can stay to yourself and not look for drama its a perfect place to live in my book. when it comes to the school system, if you want an education then this school is fair. if you want a school that says hey Look at me im the best then move to dover.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bangor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News No Smoking in a Car If You Have Kids? (Feb '07) Mar 26 Schmones 277
cattle ranchers Mar 4 SUSAN PAGE 1
Landlords to Avoid in Bangor Maine (Apr '13) Feb '15 joyce lee jones 17
sleeping prophet (Jun '12) Feb '15 gjest 24
Bangor Maine Sucks (Nov '11) Feb '15 john 311
Proud to be a Mainer? What a joke! Feb '15 inkster 1
What time do most Americans eat Dinner? (Aug '12) Feb '15 meh 4
Bangor Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web