KILLER DOGS LIVE on FEATHER FOOT FARM...

KILLER DOGS LIVE on FEATHER FOOT FARM in AURORA!

Posted in the Bangor Forum

Since: Apr 08

Richmond, VA

#1 Apr 11, 2008
On Sunday, April 6, 2008, 2 KILLER dogs snatched my beloved pet Rat Terrier up out of his harness & leash--he was right up against my leg--successfully crushing his vertebra & severing his spine BEFORE MY VERY EYES! We were invited guests on this Farm--80 Giles Pond Road, Aurora, Maine. The owners, Dan deLuca & Emily Lowell, were away at a family funeral; and had left the farm in the care of my daughter who had been living in their home for the past 3 months as an apprentice (and family member-or so we thought).
When alerted by cell phone as to what was happening, Emily Lowell, deliberately CHOSE to NOT COME HOME, even though they were IN THE AREA! Avowed pacifists, committed Buddhists, this family says they are-yet they took the COWARDLY WAY OUT-in this GIRL SCOUT'S, Southern Girl's opinion. They didn't have the courage to face us. They didn't make any effort to offer us one word of regret, remorse, or consolation over our witnessing this pure HORROR!
INSTEAD they STAYED AWAY! Choosing to not step-up & DO THE RIGHT THING.
KNOWING that:
The history of the dogs are such that:
--the local postmaster will not deliver mail to them due to the dangerous dogs.
--a Boy Scout's mother was bitten by one of the dogs recently while the pack was ice fishing on the pond behind their house (as witnessed by my daughter);
--as witnessed by me, by husband & my daughter, both dogs attacked their sibling dog Rosie, just the day before--my daughter had to clean up a gallon of blood from the barn floor.
When we reported this to the local Animal Control Officer, Bob Larson, he did not take us seriously.
In our state, Virgina, DANGEROUS DOGS like that, are PUT DOWN!
I have heard the same from friends who live in Las Vegas, Tennessee and in North Carolina.
What is it with Maine?
CRONYISM??
Is it the Good OLD Boy Network?
I think we are due several things:
--a SINCERE APOLOGY.
--RECOMPENSE for the vet BILL
--The DANGEROUS DOGS need to be PUT DOWN, because THEY WILL KILL AGAIN. NO DOUBT in MY MIND ABOUT IT!

I am a 55 year old country girl. I hold a master's degree. I have life experience to know.
If you know anyone in this area, PLEASE for THEIR SAKE, PLEASE Pass this ON!
Thank you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Becka Gagne

Lyme, NH

#3 May 6, 2008
This has been a very disturbing experience for these folks, obviously; but they have also created a very very disturbing situation for Featherfoot Farm. I do believe that their dog was hurt, but there are so many things about their accusations that are inflammatory and untrue. This is a working farm, with working farm dogs. If you are going to bring a rat terrier to a farm, i would suppose it best to carry it around . I have brought my dog to Featherfoot farm on many occasions and while the dogs that live there were protective, they all worked it out, a few fangs flew, and they dealt. Life on a farm! The dogs are there to protect! I personally know nothing of them harming people and have never felt threatened by them and more importantly, this woman's daughter was never hurt. This is slander and hurtful, I know Emily has reached out numerous times to express her condolences, and this woman just wants blood.

Since: Apr 08

Richmond, VA

#4 May 7, 2008
No, This Woman--ME...Wants Restitution.

I want Emily Lowell & Dan De Luca to do the RIGHT thing...to OFFER TO PAY THE VET Bill.

The DeLuca-Lowell Family did NOTHING for us but to have papers served on us in VIRGINIA asking us to KEEP AWAY from them!

NO Phone Calls, No Offers to Pay the VET Bill!

No APOLOGIES!

Believe me, Karma will will out here.

Madeline Roberts, MSW

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Thom and Alia

Bangor, ME

#5 May 7, 2008
We have heard quite a different story ourselves. Namely, that Emily and Daniel apologized immediately after they learned of the attack and kept their distance from their own farm so that you could leave in peace during an emotional time. Had you asked them to pay the vet bills without attacking them, they would have been more than happy to reimburse your expenses and help you, at least financially, cope with your loss.

We personally visited the farm on several occasions while Maggie, your daughter, was working there as an apprentice. We know first hand from these visits that she was treated incredibly well -- better in fact than any farm apprenticeship I've ever encountered or served in myself. She told Emily that she was better fed at that farm than she had ever been in her life.

Throwing around baseless accusations and spreading rumors serves no constructive purpose whatsoever. Are you deliberately trying to destroy this family farm because you couldn't follow clear and basic instructions? We know that you were warned to be very careful with your rat terrier around the Great Pyrenees, but it appears you failed to heed these warnings. They are in fact GUARD dogs and their job is to protect the farm from any perceived threat, including other dogs. We have introduced our own dogs to them, and immediately upon recognizing that our dogs felt threatened by them, we separated them and kept them safe. Simple and easy.

I too have a Master's degree and "life experience" and can tell you that it means nothing as far as common decency is concerned. Some of the most decent, humble, and giving people I've ever met were also the least educated. Although Emily and Daniel are both well educated, they are incredibly decent and caring people and do not deserve this treatment from you.
DOGTRAINER

San Jose, CA

#6 Jul 22, 2008
Ruby Roberts wrote:
On Sunday, April 6, 2008, 2 KILLER dogs snatched my beloved pet Rat Terrier up out of his harness & leash--he was right up against my leg--successfully crushing his vertebra & severing his spine BEFORE MY VERY EYES! We were invited guests on this Farm--80 Giles Pond Road, Aurora, Maine. The owners, Dan deLuca & Emily Lowell, were away at a family funeral; and had left the farm in the care of my daughter who had been living in their home for the past 3 months as an apprentice (and family member-or so we thought).
When alerted by cell phone as to what was happening, Emily Lowell, deliberately CHOSE to NOT COME HOME, even though they were IN THE AREA! Avowed pacifists, committed Buddhists, this family says they are-yet they took the COWARDLY WAY OUT-in this GIRL SCOUT'S, Southern Girl's opinion. They didn't have the courage to face us. They didn't make any effort to offer us one word of regret, remorse, or consolation over our witnessing this pure HORROR!
INSTEAD they STAYED AWAY! Choosing to not step-up & DO THE RIGHT THING.
KNOWING that:
The history of the dogs are such that:
--the local postmaster will not deliver mail to them due to the dangerous dogs.
--a Boy Scout's mother was bitten by one of the dogs recently while the pack was ice fishing on the pond behind their house (as witnessed by my daughter);
--as witnessed by me, by husband & my daughter, both dogs attacked their sibling dog Rosie, just the day before--my daughter had to clean up a gallon of blood from the barn floor.
When we reported this to the local Animal Control Officer, Bob Larson, he did not take us seriously.
In our state, Virgina, DANGEROUS DOGS like that, are PUT DOWN!
I have heard the same from friends who live in Las Vegas, Tennessee and in North Carolina.
What is it with Maine?
CRONYISM??
I think we are due several things:
--a SINCERE APOLOGY.
--RECOMPENSE for the vet BILL
--The DANGEROUS DOGS need to be PUT DOWN, because THEY WILL KILL AGAIN. NO DOUBT in MY MIND ABOUT IT!
I am a 55 year old country girl. I hold a master's degree. I have life experience to know.
If you know anyone in this area, PLEASE for THEIR SAKE, PLEASE Pass this ON!
Thank you.
Perhaps karma had already visited you Ruby!

Since: Feb 07

Seattle, WA

#8 Sep 6, 2008
DOGTRAINER wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps karma had already visited you Ruby!
You know what, perhaps karma will be rearing its head at you soon if it hasen't already DT! Obviously you have nothing intelligent or otherwize to contribute and have resorted to your own childish version of mud slinging.
TimeSmack

Belfast, ME

#9 Mar 27, 2009
I have personally met the dogs in question and have found them both very lovable and attentive to their job on the farm, which is to guard the people and animals on it. If indeed "KILLER DOGS LIVE AT FEATHERFOOT FARM" as you describe, then why do I feel perfectly comfortable allowing my young son to play with them?(I keep my dog in the car when I am there, as per Emily's advice).
I am sincerely very sorry for your loss.
I am also sorry that you would stoop to posting this kind of slanderous trash on the internet.
Again, sincerely sorry for your loss.

As for this:
What is it with Maine?
CRONYISM??

This is insulting and just plain mean.
I have spent time in Virginia, and could effortlessly spout off a mouthful of similar observations, all as equally misguided as yours, but my 'life experience' has shown me that such behavior is ignorant and unkind, and there's too much of that going around already.

Peace.
DogTrainer

Arlington, VA

#10 Apr 12, 2009
I stand by my comment. The folks who know this family have shared an honest picture of the sad events. Calling down Karma on the family seems a mean spirited and narrow minded attitude. You seem full of anger and bitterness, while those responding seem full of reason and keep trying to reach out to you and ask you to respond with intelligence instead of ignorance. I say again, if you are a believer in Karma, Ruby, perhaps you might look at these remarks with a different view for your own sake, not for others.
Carol

Chelsea, VT

#11 Jul 24, 2009
The dogs really were just trying to ptotect their property.
Dog Lover

United States

#12 Aug 13, 2009
I visit this farm often to purchase farm produce. I have been asked not to bring my dog to the farm so my dog stays home or in my car so as not to invite defensive behavior from the farm dogs. I have never had a problem and I think the farm is a most wonderful place in every way. We all need to be kinder, gentler and follow the common-sense rules of visiting on someone else's property.
DogTrainer

San Jose, CA

#13 Aug 13, 2009
I agree. I hope the person who started this malicious post realizes the damage she can do when anger is unchecked and unfairly applied. I also hope the family on the farm has recovered from this event and have peace of mind. Hope you feel the support from others and your farm is a happy place again.

Since: Feb 07

Seattle, WA

#14 Nov 5, 2009
DogTrainer wrote:
I agree. I hope the person who started this malicious post realizes the damage she can do when anger is unchecked and unfairly applied. I also hope the family on the farm has recovered from this event and have peace of mind. Hope you feel the support from others and your farm is a happy place again.
Malicious post!
hogwash!
the dog was killed by these killer dogs
Shame on this family
Malicious DOGS all round
DogTrainer

Washington, DC

#15 Nov 5, 2009
There are no malicious dogs...only malicious people. I feel so sorry for you and the person who started this rediculous posting about farm animals being farm animals.
N who j who

Needham, MA

#16 Jan 24, 2010
Your a looser
COLEN

Ellsworth, ME

#18 Dec 30, 2011
YOU ARE CRAZY AND STUPID AND THEY BOTH DIED SO SCREW
viper

Ellsworth, ME

#20 Dec 30, 2011
Ruby Roberts i love these dogs so you can put your lips to my ass* and kiss it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bangor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JustAnswer.com is a SCAM (Jan '12) Sep 17 Dblonde 52
News Operations Forester Sep 9 can we test it 1
News Piece of steel beam from World Trade Center sto... Sep 9 can we test it 1
News More than 100 turn out to meet Muslim neighbors... Aug 29 Slade Surfer Thom... 2
Landlords to Avoid in Bangor Maine (Apr '13) Aug '16 Ray of Sunshine 35
deep sea fishing Jul '16 jeremy 1
The Bangor Daily News Sucks! (Jun '12) Jul '16 Sherwin 14

Bangor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bangor Mortgages