Need to find new doctors in Bangor Maine

Need to find new doctors in Bangor Maine

Posted in the Bangor Forum

discuraged

Bath, ME

#1 Feb 27, 2012
So I've been going to Pennobscot Community Health Care (PCHC) on Union St. in Bangor Maine and I don't like it. the OST I saw is terrible, one of the other docs I met can be overly defensive of the office status quo, and my pcp seems a little condescending at times. Also they are located in an area on Union St. that is hard to pull in and out of with a vehicle. Also if you are taking the bus you need to get off across the street and run across 4 lanes of traffic with no crosswalk. The bus does pull up in there but only coming from the opposite direction which means riding way down past PCHC to the mall and then transferring. By car the distance from the mall to PCHS is only 1 minute but by bus that adds about 10 to 15 minutes to your trip. Their office seems to be shaped funny too and their entrance area can get very congested with people. They have the Enter and Exit area for the doctors to the right and left of check in, they have a bathroom right next to the main door which isn't very private to use and a pharmacy to the immediate left. This area only has two oddly shaped check in desks set side by side with some weird curved wall thingy. This area is only about 10ft by 12ft which makes it a very odd area to line up to see the receptionists. This makes it hard to know who was in first and often people cut in line because of this. The wait times are just as bad as other places; for example you can make an appointment at 2:15 and not be seen for an hour. I understand priorities shift but the wait times can be a drag. My list is longer than this but I feel I've ranted enough. Bottom line is WHERE is a good doctors office in Bangor Maine??? I don't want to switch doctors to find that I don't like it there. Can anyone recommend a Family Practice that is good. I don't want to travel out of town so please limit your suggestions to the Bangor area and Brewer. Thanks.
Tom

Valley Stream, NY

#2 Apr 2, 2012
Try Husson Internal Medicine . 302 Husson , Bangor Maine. Nice office . Competent doctors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bangor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What was the plane that was really loud flying ... Tue Maineeeac 1
cedar haven mobile home park (Aug '11) Oct '17 Garrel 4
News Ondine, new restaurant in Belfast, to feature l... Oct '17 Ondine 2
News Ex-RCMP officer who smuggled Nunavut narwhal tu... Sep '17 not all good 1
News Amish couple hope to settle here in Maine (Nov '07) Sep '17 Paul 5
Bangor Maine Sucks (Nov '11) Aug '17 rowper dean 340
Business Aug '17 Tubby 2

Bangor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance