Comments
1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated Jul 14, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DebbieandMichell e

Kents Hill, ME

#1 Nov 22, 2011
That University failed all major criteria for a University back in 2010. If you don't believe me just look it up in the Bangor Daily News and other reports posted on the internet. Too many of the students and employees are two faced and mean. They won't think twice about throwing you under the bus. They also give too many special privileges and favors to certain students and staff. It's unfair. Too much drinking and drugs going too and too much hate. What I don't like are the multitude of people up there both student and employee that can smile to your face and act real nice while at the same time stab you right in the back. Most the professors and instructors give higher grades to their choice students while hacking away at the grades of other students they don't like, even if both students deserved the same grade. They'll take your Financial Aid money but don't expect fair grads. Anyway, that is such a poor school anyway that they hardly have any real professors anyway, mostly TAs and other instructors teaching classes. Most their research is based on other peoples studies in other major universities that are already taking place. I know this man that got beat up by UMaine students a while back when he simply asked them to keep the noise down. Sad. I met a non trad student a while back that was bullied so bad he had to leave the school and this was by other non trad students. There are a ton of stories like this. Anyway, if you love your children don't send them to UMaine, or if you are an adult looking to be a non-trad student find yourself a more mature University, or if you are looking for work don't work for UMaine. That place is full of evil clowns. Unless your one of the many suck ups that are willing to give up your soul to fit in then I highly suggest that you take your precious time and money elsewhere. UMaine Orono is an evil school.
Don

Bangor, ME

#4 Apr 23, 2012
What do you expect from a liberal-extremist school that biases their teaching. What do you expect from a University that thinks ignorant sites like Wikipedia and Wikibooks is a viable source of information. ha ha ha It's a school full of ignoramuses in the Hillbilly back woods of Maine.
Audrie

Bangor, ME

#5 May 14, 2012
Did you hear about UMaine's illegal and unfair hiring practices? Sounds like the mafia is running that place. Hiring their friends or people they know have money or power rather than have fair and balanced interviews and a true hiring policy. I guess who you know is far more important than what you know when it comes to getting work at UMaine. I've always found that place to be extremely immature and unfair. I hated going to school there. That is why I left. I was tried of being ripped off financially. Sure it seems like a lower priced state University but they nickle and dime you to death. Also their professors and instructors are terrible.
Brandon

Randolph, VT

#6 Jun 15, 2012
When I went to Umaine people were pushy and arrogant. Just the other day I was in a local convenience store and this fat guy was standing right behind me at the cooler without giving me much room to move away, you know.. as if I was in his way. Then at the counter he kept putting his stuff down while the cashier was still ringing me up. But kind of into my stuff. He was talking loudly to a girl behind me (right in my ear) and he was right on top of me. Gave me very little personal space. Well, when I got outside I saw his car and it had one of those UMaine Black bear license plates and I thought to myself "OH, that explains why this fat guy was so pushy and disrespectful in the store". Also if you watch carefully you'd see that if a car has the UMaine license plates with the little black bear on it they usually drive like a-holes. You know run red lights while you wait at your green light, cut you off in traffic, or if someone stops for a pedestrian the impatient Umaine driver will drive around them in the ditch and barrel through a busy crosswalk cus' they don't care. All they saw was that a car stopped in front of them for no apparent reason. They can't comprehend that perhaps that car stopped for a reason. At least these people have some sort of marking so we can tell them apart. The UMaine license plate is a sure sign they are in deed an pushy, arrogant, two faced a-hole. Some of them act real nice but they can stab you in the back in an instant.
sammy

Kenduskeag, ME

#7 Jun 21, 2012
too many blacks there they suck
Heavenly Humour

Bangor, ME

#8 Jul 31, 2012
That University has thrown money away on constantly building buildings that they hardly use just to become the biggest campus in Maine so they can call themselves the Flag Ship campus. They also spent millions upon millions for their football field and other sports areas. But now their classrooms and dormitories are hardly passing inspection. They won't be able to rebuild them with the proper quality that modern day schools have. Heck UMaine lost funding that was either from the Fed or State Government for building actual Dorms for students to live in but instead used that money to build private apartments for rich over privileged students, to the abuse of that funding got that same funding revoked. They have dorms so old like Estabrooke Hall that they are unlivible full of asbestos and fire sprinklers that don't work, and improper fire escapes. Yet Umaine wants to reopen this dorm because they have NO money to replace it with. They were too busy spending it on huge buildings they hardly use and throwing money into their sports programs. They needed to invest that money wisely but now they are paying the price. UMaines Academics got an F grade across the board in 2010 as being of poor educational quality. Poor education, poor looking classrooms, dirty run down old out of date dorms to live in with no central air, and over priced 3rd rate food in their commons and student union. yet they spend millions or billions on all the aesthetics. That campus learned nothing from the 2008 US crisis that not only affected the housing market but all sectors of our economy. They simply are investing in the wrong areas. They are investing in their WANTS vs their NEEDS. They don't understand that a great University has a great football field and huge buildings because "It is doing well" and not out of show or a put on. You can dress a homeless man up in top hat and tails but he's still homeless. Someone isn't going to come along and give him billions simply because he "looks rich". Or for example it's like someone with a disease. You can slap make up over the bloody sores and makeup over the bags on your eyes. You can put on a wig to cover your hair falling out but under that fake image you are still falling apart. A healthy person is healthy because they take care of their body, not because they put on makeup. That school throws away way too much money. And even though it's student population has grown it has a huge drop out rate. That has got to be the pinical of what is wrong with the United states. The only flagship UMaine is of, is that of representing the poster child for what is wrong with our nation. They keep hoping that if they build huge football fields and more buildings they don't actually need that they will "LOOK GOOD" so they can trick people to their school. But looking good takes more than investing in fancy fittings. It reminds me of some neighbors that over mortgage their home lease expensive vehicles, etc etc etc max out credit cards, beg borrow an rob just to put on airs and finally the bank forecloses and they lose everything because their whole life was a put on with no real depth or substance. These people didn't earn enough money to put on that kind of show. And what money they did have they never invested properly. That University is getting just what it deserves. Also I didn't care for the snobbery and pretentiousness of both it's faculty nor students either. If you're not careful up there people will play and use you.
Pagan Girl 1

Bangor, ME

#9 Sep 5, 2012
UMaine Orono is EVIL! The people are mean and two faced. Even the one's that act nice to you only do so because they want to use you. I got a bad vibe from that campus but what do you expect when part of it is in fact built on ancient Indian Native American burial grounds. I couldn't deal with the constant negative vibes I got from Orono in general but specially that campus it was messing with my spiritual center and draining my energies. I went over to Husson University in Bangor it's smaller but it's not all about business and making a student feel like a walking social security number. I bet if UMaine Admins had their way they would force all of us to imprint a bar code on our foreheads containing our SSI number. Also I didn't like that for some reason the campus air would often smell funny and strange. There was this weird stink in the air that reminded me of death or something evil.
Donald P

Bangor, ME

#10 Sep 23, 2012
I live in Bangor and I have a girl that lives down stairs from me that goes to UMaine. Her friends have those UMaine License plates so I know they go there to or possibly work there. Anyway they are obnoxious and rude. They stomp around on week nights not caring that some of us need to sleep after midnight. One time my roommate stomped on the floor because he was sick of going down there to talk to them every single night. The girl then talked to the land lord when he came over one day and said that we were making noise at night when she was trying to sleep. ha ha ha what a UMaine LIAR! She was just pissed off and wanted her little revenge. The land lord asked us to keep it down while the bitch down stairs still makes noise all night long. And she runs around in these short tight pants like some sort of attention whore. Sort of sad for a person in her 20's to be acting like some teenage desperate for attention. Anyway I hate living next to UMaine students they are obnoxious rude uncaring and they will LIE to get you into trouble. Such technically he stomped on the floor to give them a clue but this is after hours and hours of putting up with their noise. Also all they seem to do is smoke tons of pot all night. One of their friends that lives in the apartment next to her got arrested after he tweaked out on Bath Salts. I remember going to UMaine Orono a long time ago and people did nothing but party and act obnoxious all the time and a lot of the professors were stupid and rude. So it didn't surprise us to read the Bangor Daily News last year or so about how UMaine Orono got a failing grade as for as academic standards go. I know there is drinking and partying in most state universities but UMaine takes the cake. Heck I even met a man once that went to UMaine Orono way back in the 1980s and he said that was a trouble school even way back then and that place hasn't changed. He told us how back in the 80s UMaine once called UMO was in Rolling Stone Magazines top 10 party schools. LOL We live in Bangor and wish that those dirty scumbag students would stay up in that horrible trash pit they call Orono with their crappy stores and terrible restaurant. They act like they are so much better than everyone else and act like their shit don't stink while all the time all these people do is act obnoxious, stomp, thump, bang, and scream all night. Tweak out on drugs and fight and then lie to the landlord about you if they don't like you. They put on this innocent act to try to fool people and they aren't fooling anybody specially dressing like whores and sluts. I don't trust anyone with a UMaine degree. It's worthless to me. I recently changed doctors after I found out that he got his undergrad from Umaine. If I'm a landlord Id rent to college students from other schools but I'd avoid those two faced obnoxious freaks from Orono!
Sami

Bangor, ME

#11 Oct 8, 2012
UMaine Orono is nothing but a Party School full of obnoxious freaks! That's all UMaine has ever been and that is all UMaine will ever be. No matter how much money they throw away on building more buildings and bigger football fields that school is nothing but a 3rd rate party school. Their own states newspapers admitted that UMaine got failing grades across the spectrum from academic performance to everything else. Oh and just try living next door to some of these obnoxious students. OMG they don't care if you have a real job and need to go to work at 8:00 am, these UMaine students are up all week long partying and being obnoxious. Even if you live in nearby Bangor there are UMaine students that stay up all night smoking crack and partying blairing music all night. I don't might neighbors staying up all night. I and my partner stay up late but we are not loud or annoying. But these UMaine students obviously come from homes in which they never learned respect. They are just white trash. Also from what I've heard the teachers, instructors, and professors at UMaine Orono are not all that good at what they do. Also Orono simply looks trashy, under developed, and not very modern. It looks like moldy old run down buildings from the mid 1800s not so much historic as just run down. The campus will do it's best to do landscaping that they seem to think fools tourists and parents that drop their trashy kids off to school there but it's not fooling anybody. All these obnoxious kids do is take out as much student loan money as they can then party with it. It's a fact. The University Of Maine Orono is a disrespectful Party School, it's always been a party school, it is a party school, and it will always be a party school full of obnoxious annoying 4th rate students. These kids have no real future and the ones that do should not be trusted. I wouldn't trust anybody from that hideous school.
Betty Betcha

Bangor, ME

#12 Dec 1, 2012
Jovan Belcher! Need I say more? LOL Crazy people at Umaine. Crazy.
strange

North Bergen, NJ

#13 Dec 27, 2012
Wow this is strange.
so what

Bangor, ME

#14 Mar 23, 2013
If you don't like U. Maine, go to better school.

Oh right -- You were too stupid to be accepted into a better school because you screwed around too much in all the prior years of school.

Solution: Shut up.
Adam

Bangor, ME

#15 Jun 26, 2013
so what wrote:
Oh right -- You were too stupid to be accepted into a better school because you screwed around too much in all the prior years of school.
Ha ha Your Meat Headed comment is obviously someone from UMaine that feels threatened by that persons right to speak the truth. UMaine is a white trash school for poor kids addicted to pills, alcohol, and unprotected sex. It's also a place were Liberal Extremists fudge facts and twist definitions around to fill their students heads with nonsense. But I digress, I guess since this person is so skilled and highly educated at UMaine his statement of "Shut Up" has really put us all in our place. Such an eloquent way with words. I bet you learned that from one of the Alcoholic Liberal Extremist Professors at UMaine? LOL
Adam

Bangor, ME

#16 Jun 26, 2013
sammy wrote:
too many blacks there they suck
Well UMaine loves their "Token" students and ignore you if you are can't bring a spot light to their school. They also give special privileges to rich kids from out of state. They'll get away with crimes while some poorer white student is sent up the river or thrown under the bus. Also where else will the other pill head students get a steady stream of drugs delivered unless they reach out to inner city students.
Adam

Bangor, ME

#17 Jun 26, 2013
A long time ago I left Mass to go to UMaine Orono and had this one Psychology professor that I knew was coming to class drunk or at least a little buzzed. She would also give her religious views when it was inappropriate. She once said that she doesn't respect anyone that doesn't have a religious preference. Which I find hypocritical. I mean I'm sure there were some atheists in that class. And I'm more philosophical and actually don't subscribe to any religion though I'm open minded to the possibility of a God or Gods existing. What I didn't like about her comments were that I don't think the classroom was not an appropriate place for her to drag religion into a psychology course. After all this wasn't a class on religion. Also it gave us the clear impression that if she disagreed with your religious views then she obviously will give you lower grades. After all she said she "doesn't respect" anyone that doesn't pick a religion. Other than that she also used to come off as insulting to students that she disagreed with. But I found a lot of the Liberal Extremists at UMaine would get overly defensive and rude if they couldn't see eye to eye. I ended up leaving Umaine and ended up at another local school where people seemed less crazy and didn't come to class intoxicated on both alocohol and pretentious attitudes.
Brian X

Bangor, ME

#18 Jan 2, 2014
UMaine Orono is EVIL for evil people that lie all the time. It's a 4th class school filled with alcoholics and pill headed evil people.
Brian X

Bangor, ME

#19 Jan 2, 2014
so what wrote:
You just shot your own argument in the foot. ha ha It proves that UMaine is a terrible university when it gets people that failed out of better schools. LOL And BTW I'm someone who used to go to UMaine as my first school but I quit my First Year and was accepted into a far better school. You're being defensive because your alcoholic party school is under scrutiny and your own Bangor Daily News reported that Umaine got a Failing Grade across the board. So why don't you shut up before you shoot yourself in the foot again. LOL Go snort some more pills and keep other students up all night partying and then show up to class after smoking pot all morning to listen to Liberal Extremist Professors and Instructors that lie, twist facts, and skew data to brain wash you drug addicts.
Donovan

Bangor, ME

#20 Jan 20, 2014
Ha ha this is funny I go to Husson which is far better. All Umaine cares about are sports and hiring 3rd rate instructors. It's a jerk off school for party kids. If you want a serious college come to Husson. You'll learn real skills instead of making paper airplanes.
Brinna X

Hancock, ME

#21 Apr 22, 2014
I was at UMaine as a non trad student back around 2005 and I met so many horrible people. I lived in the Non traditional housing where they also had older students so I expected some of the older students to be more mature but they weren't some of them in their upper 20s and 30s were down right horrible people. I remember this one girl named Julie Ann who kept lying about people all the time and instigating trouble between people all the time. She seemed to have a fake injury or deformity that she would limp everywhere but we could see her at the Bear Brew pub on Thirsty Thursdays and on week ends DANCING it up for hours on end as if she had no problem at all. ha ha There were lots of people in the Non Trad Dorm that were game players and simply arrogant jerks. I also remember a lot of my professors and instructors didn't know how to teach and often had facts wrong. I joined a few clubs and groups but people were often too lazy to focus on their clubs purpose and just sat around playing video games on their lap tops or fighting between each other. I'd have to say the worst thing was moving on to campus but renting in that area is too expensive and the apartments are simply gross old run down crap holes. The school is over priced and little investment is put into the actual dorms nor salaries for decent professors (they get paid lower than the national average) and that is why they only get the bottle of the barrel professors and teachers. UMaine however will dump millions of dollars into new football fields, recreation centers, and buildings they don't even use. It's a white trash school for horrible people.
Susie Z

Bangor, ME

#22 Apr 25, 2014
I'm a woman and even I thought their Womens Studies program was a nightmare. It was just a bunch of instructors that hate men simply because they may have had a bad encounter with their Dad or X husband. A lot of the other girls in our classes also seem to be on the We hate all men everywhere train. I myself had a horrible experience with my step dad but I didn't let it ruin me. I have friends that are both men and women and I see good and bad in everyone. I dropped out of their womens studies program a few years back because of all the male bashing that goes on. I was expecting to celebrate the history of women and learn about female culture, I was also expecting to hear some good and bad things about how women have been treated by males in cultures. But a lot of it was simple bias and bigotry. It was way too one sided for me and it was disturbing to hear some of the instructors contradict themselves by saying all men everywhere are bad but then talk about good men they've seen and that there are good men in society fighting for their rights. My mother taught me well to look out for other women who let their hard feelings rule their heads and cloud their judgement and thats all I saw at Umaine. Also any men that were in any of our classes were often talked down to by the instructors as if they were either stupid or little boys. I find this distasteful because its not helping us women who want true equality to act like we are constantly being bitches. Some men were treated nice but they were either the guys that had a girlfriend in the class, were basically castrated and bend over backwards for the instructor, or your stereotypically flaming gay guys. Not saying I don't like gays just that typically they were left alone mostly because they too were also constantly male bashing. Though I have met a lot of mature down to earth gay men that are more comfortable with themselves. I believe that their womens studies program needs to be less biased and not as full of bitterness and hate. I don't believe I am being naive because I do understand that gender roles have not always been fair. Just that it seemed that at UMaine there was a hostile vibe of male bashing. Also my instructors and some other female students were always trying to make me feel like a victim and trying their best to make me feel bitter like they are. But I like to think I'm more mature than that and so I left UMaine. I don't feel like marching around campus with a sour gloomy expression on my face and pretend Im a poor little victim of society. I take control over my life and I don't let my emotions rule my head. Like I said there are both good and bad men & women it's just a fact of life. I have lots of male & female friends and Im not about to hop on the male bashing hypocrisy train.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bangor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The backpack burden: The concern for students' ... 5 hr Dr Sum Ting Wong DC 1
ME Who do you support for Governor in Maine in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug 29 Brewer Guy 116
Bangor Maine Sucks (Nov '11) Aug 28 Brewer Guy 310
sleeping prophet (Jun '12) Aug 27 guest 23
YESTERDAY a Aug 21 Deanna-Jo Swett 2
Deerfield's new police chief crossing state lines Aug 18 JLK 1
Why are people from New England so high mainten... (Jul '12) Aug 15 Bob 16
•••
•••
•••

Bangor Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••