Larger | Smaller
Printable Version
Email This
Georgia (default)
Verdana
Times New Roman
Arial

Font
Recent Headlines .Man convicted of murder in death of studentRain chances dwindlingTexas museum to return Orthodox frescoes to CyprusSuspect using alias in federal prisonClosings set for 'Twilight Rapist' suspect's trialPage 1 of 1
BANDERA — A Bandera County sheriff's deputy was among nine suspects arrested in Medina County in a sweep of alleged members and associates of the Texas Syndicate, a prison gang.

“It's very disheartening,” Bandera County Chief Deputy Richard Smith said Thursday of the arrest of Tom Cuellar, who had worked three years for the agency as a bailiff/warrant officer.“He was terminated today,” he said.

The exact charge against Cuellar, a Hondo resident, couldn't be determined because the documents for all the defendants were sealed pending further proceedings in Del Rio, sources said.

About two dozen suspects in Uvalde and Medina counties were targeted in the raids early Thursday, which were led by the FBI and the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/a...
semiserene

Bandera, TX

#2 Sep 30, 2011
I've lived in areas that were thick with gangs, and other than both being a lower life form, they usually bear little resemblance in bearing, mannerisms, gestures, walk, etc. to the average cocky-for-no-reason, holier-than-thou, swaggering local law enforcement officer. So, are our Sheriff's detectives so dense that they can't "detect" a gang member in their midst even after working side-by-side with him over three years? Or do so many of the Sheriff's employees look like gang members that one more just doesn't stand out? Either way, I feel so much safer now about the Bandera City Council's decision to leave our safety in the hands of this Sheriff's Department! Thanks, Mags, Binky and John!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bandera Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
white peoples funeral 4 hr cristal 1
Cc Kirby 5 hr Missyourbigbutt 1
Cleaning Up Ham Radio in San Antonio (Aug '10) 6 hr HEY TOE 6,668
Breeding Update (Jun '15) 10 hr Jim Carey 196
Wife 17 hr Crazyhusb 3
fart fetish (Jan '15) Mon fartslave 12
Murdering Mamacita Mon Jesse James 6

Bandera Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance