Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.
Comments
17,061 - 17,080 of 21,672 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Traveler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Trying to read Bernard's blather will drive you nuts. It's a good think he cannot put together a coherent paragraph with coherent transition. Otherwise he might influence some dumbed-down future Al
Sharpton.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
My dear defiant one. Suggest you get a hold of a dictionary and read it. Good reading. Waco is helping me understand his dark side now. Now how the two overlap and shadow each other will give me further insight as to the validity of this person. Paranoia is present and… well that’s between him and me. Your persona is easy. DEFIANT true to the core. While your reading that dictionary you will come across you… Heeee Haaaawww
Inequality In The USA. Has the highest level among the advanced industrial countries. Comparing to some such as Hungary, Belgium and France which have no significant increases to their inequality. Where in as the USA has been increasing to be more aligned with Iran, Jamaica, Uganda and the Philippines.
GDP does not take into account the measure of inequality. Does not measure the security of its citizens.
All boats rise equally on the rising tide is no longer applicable here in the USA. We have harbors that restrict through manipulation the rising tides. The few affluent yachts at the open end of the harbor suffer no restrictions of significance, equal to the manipulated incoming tide, to the boats in the restricted harbors. Tide dams have been erected to offset the flow of rising tides within the harbors.
Example; Presently USA CEO’s have 200 to 1 ratio in income to the average laborer. Japan as one example has a 16 to 1 ratio. Less than 50 years ago USA had a 30 to 1 ratio. This rising inequality has stimulated additional wanna-be’s executives to seek the same. One example can be found in the UK. The UK’s “High Pay Commission” reported that their top executives were approaching Victorian levels. Presently though they are at the levels of the 1920’s as measured for inequality in laborers’ productivity distributions of wealth.
Sweden, UK and additionally some of the Scandinavian nations and some within the European Union have taken steps to nip this inequality of distributions. Restricting CEO’s pay to a ratio of corporations earnings and out law golden parachutes. Bonuses and gifts as well. There is a provision that allows for parts or all to be circumnavigated if the voters agree. That is, not the voters of the corporation boards but all citizens voters. Sweden passed it in 2012 the others are putting it up for debate and or vote by their citizens.
USA…. the thundering sound of crickets on the issue.
----------

"My dear defiant one. Suggest you get a hold of a dictionary and read it. Good reading. Waco is helping me understand his dark side now. Now how the two overlap and shadow each other will give me further insight as to the validity of this person. Paranoia is present and… well that’s between him and me. Your persona is easy. DEFIANT true to the core. While your reading that dictionary you will come across you… Heeee Haaaawww"

Really? So what are you now, the Topix shrink?. The only jackass around here is you, bucket mouth.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Bernard do you know there is a picture of you on the internet? Being arrested for drunk driving.. Bald headed guy, stupid grin on your face? Is that you? Was in Florida dude. Unless of course Forand is merely your moniker. Or maybe there are two Forands in Florida? Anyhow, your judgement of paranoid regarding me may be premature. My sense of humor can be on the dark side!
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text>. Well I think about killing people on a pretty constant basis. Guess that ruins the" liberal, universe" thing.
ROTFLMAO!. Now that is funny.
Bernard Forand

Lehigh Acres, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

The Myth
In a land far, far away. There was once upon a time, when nations all over the world sought to emulate America.
They tried uniting their currencies {EU} without addressing their political and finical institutions. Alas it will not work. Presently this is being validated with their demise due to austerity prejudices.
Reexamining America in 2008 they found a flaw. America’s GDP per capita was tarnished and an inaccurate accounting of reality. They have been misled in their beliefs of America.
Economist within these nations searched for the truth. What they found; was that the U.S. economy was unstable even when all was appearing as well according to the GDP. They realized that growing inequality of wealth and income was being siphoned to the 1%. Hoarding the wealth and no distribution would soon run the engine of the working class out of the fluid movement of the fuel they required. Resulting in sputtering and inefficient production. For lack of production and the fluid income to sustain consumption, it soon proved to be a catastrophic error, Demise soon followed.
Half a century in the making by right wing policies. Living standards regressed back to earl 1900’s !
USA kept up appearances with the GDP increasing from 1980 to 2010.
Increasing by three fourths. All the while the male income declined.
Increases in austerity polices of the right continued. Siphoning wealth and income to the 1 % producing ever increasing inequality.
Thus; 1} U.S. Income growth occurs greater to the 1% and lesser to the 99%.
2} Inequality of laborer’s productivity distribution blossoms.
3} Middle class and below lose their standard of living to equate with what they were a century ago.
4} Inequalities’ in wealth is greater than the inequality of income!
5} Insecurity in income, health and home materializes.
6} Increasing poverty subjugates ever increasing amount of the middle class populace.
7} Middle class essentially is hollowed out.
8} Income mobility decreases advancing America “Land Of Opportunity” to be identified as a Myth.
9} America is now recognized by the rest of the advanced industrial nations as land of ever increasing inequality surpassing their own.
Right wing confronted with These analyst from the economist find it “Inconvenient”. Befuddled to explain it..
2014 coming up people….

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Forand speaking of crickets...
Bernard Forand

Lehigh Acres, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
Bernard do you know there is a picture of you on the internet? Being arrested for drunk driving.. Bald headed guy, stupid grin on your face? Is that you? Was in Florida dude. Unless of course Forand is merely your moniker. Or maybe there are two Forands in Florida? Anyhow, your judgement of paranoid regarding me may be premature. My sense of humor can be on the dark side!
Have so much interest in me? You honor me. As I told Tex I’m the proud guest of the Sovereignty of Florida. They provide for all my needs. Set me up in the penthouse and wait on me hand and foot. Provide me with security and all I can eat. Leisure time is constant. Just loving it. Now if you want to visit or stop by to chat let me know as I will have to authorize my security guards to allow you to visit. They are very protective of me. So now what has that got to do with the ever increasing inequality policies of the right wing that is delivering us into some form of an Aristocratic government with an anarchist serfdom ? Ahh lights out. They are so attentive to me.. Got to get my full rest and sleep. Think I’ll go to the library tomorrow or just be lazy and order up what I desire…. Ta, Ta Bad To The Bone is playing. My favorite lullaby…
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
The Myth
In a land far, far away. There was once upon a time, when nations all over the world sought to emulate America.
They tried uniting their currencies {EU} without addressing their political and finical institutions. Alas it will not work. Presently this is being validated with their demise due to austerity prejudices.
Reexamining America in 2008 they found a flaw. America’s GDP per capita was tarnished and an inaccurate accounting of reality. They have been misled in their beliefs of America.
Economist within these nations searched for the truth. What they found; was that the U.S. economy was unstable even when all was appearing as well according to the GDP. They realized that growing inequality of wealth and income was being siphoned to the 1%. Hoarding the wealth and no distribution would soon run the engine of the working class out of the fluid movement of the fuel they required. Resulting in sputtering and inefficient production. For lack of production and the fluid income to sustain consumption, it soon proved to be a catastrophic error, Demise soon followed.
Half a century in the making by right wing policies. Living standards regressed back to earl 1900’s !
USA kept up appearances with the GDP increasing from 1980 to 2010.
Increasing by three fourths. All the while the male income declined.
Increases in austerity polices of the right continued. Siphoning wealth and income to the 1 % producing ever increasing inequality.
Thus; 1} U.S. Income growth occurs greater to the 1% and lesser to the 99%.
2} Inequality of laborer’s productivity distribution blossoms.
3} Middle class and below lose their standard of living to equate with what they were a century ago.
4} Inequalities’ in wealth is greater than the inequality of income!
5} Insecurity in income, health and home materializes.
6} Increasing poverty subjugates ever increasing amount of the middle class populace.
7} Middle class essentially is hollowed out.
8} Income mobility decreases advancing America “Land Of Opportunity” to be identified as a Myth.
9} America is now recognized by the rest of the advanced industrial nations as land of ever increasing inequality surpassing their own.
Right wing confronted with These analyst from the economist find it “Inconvenient”. Befuddled to explain it..
2014 coming up people….
Pure leftist rhetoric. Why is Barry Soetoro known as the Food Stamp President?. Answer that one if you dare, Oh Wise One. LOL
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Have so much interest in me? You honor me. As I told Tex I’m the proud guest of the Sovereignty of Florida. They provide for all my needs. Set me up in the penthouse and wait on me hand and foot. Provide me with security and all I can eat. Leisure time is constant. Just loving it. Now if you want to visit or stop by to chat let me know as I will have to authorize my security guards to allow you to visit. They are very protective of me. So now what has that got to do with the ever increasing inequality policies of the right wing that is delivering us into some form of an Aristocratic government with an anarchist serfdom ? Ahh lights out. They are so attentive to me.. Got to get my full rest and sleep. Think I’ll go to the library tomorrow or just be lazy and order up what I desire…. Ta, Ta Bad To The Bone is playing. My favorite lullaby…
Now if the guards would just take away your computer, our eyes would get a rest from trying to parse so much gibberish.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Waco 1909 wrote:
The old"blame the Jews"syndrome, trotted out by those who find it easier to hate, than think. Hitler knew that people responded to raw emotion over reason , and pulled Germany to the brink of extinction, as the Germans engaged in an orgy of hate. Only to discover, that hate goes both ways.
Corporations control our government.
Jews own these corporations.
Equals: Jews control America.
How do you not understand that?

If that's not enough, you believe Jews to be the "chosen ones" right? Newsflash, Jews killed our savior, Jesus Christ.

They are waging a war against Christianity, they hate Jesus and the New Testament. Try reading a bible sometime, you will see how they are cursed by Jesus.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Texan wrote:
AND; no good ever comes from hate, as hate begets evil.
That explains it.

Whites are hated by everyone of color because of being encouraged to do so. Jews encourage this hate, to divide us.
Look at Paula Dean, she said nothing that would justify her being punished. How did she earn it, by being white.
Trayvon Martin made victim of the year, based on lies intended to punish a white man. News lightened his picture, to make the Hispanic man look white - so non-whites can hate on whites some more. But, the trial proved Trayvon was the aggressor, Zimmerman was defending his own life.
Gee, wonder why whites might be getting fed up?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Texan wrote:
As are are all of satans tools, and too many will remain clueless until the final battle.
If you're going to start quoting the bible on race relations, don't forget to quote the parts where God says not to mix tribes.

We could unite to stop poverty, if miscegenation wasn't a threat.
I think that's the real cause of racism - miscegenation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Can see you are one of the less developed. Whites majority? Hmm think that is not so or it soon will be so. So, so what? Its your narrow minded inequality that keeps us in the 23rd position in this more advanced world.
UN exposes Inequality
UNDP { the UN Development Program} measures the “Human Development” factors. Income, health and education. It then applies the inequality factors for results.
Before factoring the inequality factor; USA comes in fourth, following Australia, The Netherlands and Norway.
After the factoring of the inequality factor; USA comes in 23 third. All European Nations and all Scandinavian Nations that have Universal Education, Health Care and Income Security exceeds the USA.
USA counters the its to finically expensive and will slow growth. Sweden’s former finance minister proves this to be false. Stating the robust growth of his nation during the years of 2000 to 2010. Sweden’s growth was 2.31% where in as the USA was at 1.85%. Quote “ We have grown so fast and done so well because we had high taxes”! Higher taxes that paid to keep their infrastructures laboring in their maintenance and upgrades, Universal Education, Universal Health Care, from birth to grave and Technology’s for their future. All the while, we were riding the bushwhacking roller coaster that ended in a catastrophic crash of biblical proportions. Losses to the tune of $6 Trillion to be paid for by Main Street. Such is the price for admission for the roller coaster ride that advanced our inequality to Main Street. Wall Street.. Oh business as usual…
You are so full of it. Regardless of all that meaningless BS you just spilled ...

Before immigration ran wild, before desegregation, before global meddeling, before race-mixing and gay abundance, before the family unit was destroyed,...
America was #1. What do you think happened?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL you want us to be Pilgrims all over again? Hey about 1773 and we could gather up all the TEA and cast it out unto the waters of oblivion. Oh Yeah that sounds like fun..Hmm wonder who created Satan? Does god turn the other cheek when smitten by Satan? Would that mean he is a coward? Fun to dabble within the deranged minds of bigots.
Ah here we go into the summer of 2013. Liberals are rolling out the barrels for fun and singing on sunshine. Resting in shaded pools of the cool, cool changes evolving. A higher evolution to our politics’ maturity is budding forth once again. In the past decade “We The People” have examined ourselves and found us wanting to step out of the gloom and doom scenarios of the traditionalist conservative views of the past.
Shackles of prejudice are falling to the ground. Mary Jane is now identified with beneficial outcomes. Illegal immigrants are observing a light at the end of the tunnel. Gays are growing in their freedoms to be gay. America is awakening to be once again the land of the diverse melting pot it once was. Rejuvenating strengths that was always their fundamental strengths‘.
Demographics of the ideologies of Jim Crow, John Birch or the hyped up McCarthy are fading into the archaic dust bins of our history. Another dark chapter of our growing pains.“We The People” have reached a majority that choose to distance themselves from the gloom and doom policies that promote these dysfunctional callow ideologies.
51% are now in favor of gays to be gay. 72% agree that this is inevitable. Mary Jane up 11 points from 2010. Previously only less than 1/3 comprehended its beneficial factors. This according to Pew Polls. CBS/N.Y. Times poll have discovered 83% favor a path to citizenship for the illegal immigrants. 20% higher than the 2007 Pew Polls. Which was the last time this issue was addressed.
Business scholar Fariborz Ghadar, from the Center Of Strategic and International Affaires explains what is occurring. Quote “ Whether it’s war on terror or the recession or this or that; Society then reacts to those periods and change results” he goes on to say “The younger generation is getting more accepting, the pace of change is much faster, data is available to us more quickly. We’re more plugged in to the world around us and its combining to allow people to develop their own opinions and be open to others”.
1980’s generation grew up with 911 and the gloom and doom of the past of the bushwhacking days. They are now 18 to 32. Here in lies the moving force for the abrupt change in right wing polarization to left wing polarization.
Similar to the 60’s after the Nam episodes. Social rights sprouted, as it is now with the 80’s generation.
Today we have instant communication and knowledge at our finger tips. Fraudulent propaganda schemes of our past prejudices become exposed. Observe the effect on programs such as “Weeds, Modern Family and Ugly Betty” to name a few. They stimulate diversity and liberalization. Advancing the goals of the broad open minded liberal, as opposed to the narrow close minded conservative. There will continue to be gloomy times. They however are advocating their own demise with each experienced generation that follows. Growing in intellect and controlling, the gloom and doom scenarios. Science will soon render these gloomy days for agricultural benefits. Removing them from authority based organizations. Obama once said “ Each successive generation creates a new space for peace and tolerance and justice and fairness” Right to the point.
Summarize.. or shutup.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> USA seems to disappoint you old boy. Well, I heartily extend you a"Welcome To The Club" my fine liberal friend.
Every Friday, our local Fox news features "Viewers Voice" so people can call in and comment on news of the week.

Many called in about Paula Dean. You know, she was railroaded by blacks for saying something they didn't like.

All the pro-Paula calls were fro m blacks, who said she was being railroaded and they had never seen blacks act this way.

Then, there was a white caller. He was like "She's a racist and needs to be punished".

So, all this time I think blacks are terrorizing whites in America, making them silent.

Could it be, it's the damned white liberals, like Bernard, who are responsible for chaining white America? Blacks didn't complain about Paula Dean - white liberals did!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had anything FACTUAL you would post it here instead of crying "look it up yourself" boy. You know you have NOTHING that's why you are reluctant to post anything to back you up.
I don't see you saying anything of importance. You don't care what's happening, as long as you can call people "boy" to make yourself feel macho.
I bet you're a 5"4 little jelly worm that can't get a date.

Kind of like, how, you see a huge pick up truck park, only to watch a little short guy get out.

Whatever makes you feel bigger, I guess.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
God allowed AMerica to be created. No COwardice in Genocides, Lies, chemical warfare on the Original Americans? LOL White Rabbit, Damn Invasion or whatever your "new" identity is. Get permanently banned under your other moniker? Still with your KKK white Imperialistic flag I see. Funny how you can justify the killings done by yours yet whine like a bunny when you think your card is next. Hell reaping as one has sown isn't it? And hell reaping consequences of ancestors?
If you were truly "Superior" you would own the sins of your fathers. Instead you choose to justify these under some higher purpose theology. NOw THAT iS CoWardiCE!! Are you pretending to be a man now? Just clue me in, I like to keep up.
Could you possibly just get out of history for 2 minutes, to acknowledge current events? That's the problem with black people, like you - you have that victim mentality firmly emplanted and, if you can't profit from it - it doesn't exist.

We are not fighting Indians anymore, you jakass.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't say it anywhere boy. That is why imbeciles like you refuse to back up any claims you make. Because on a forum like this any idiot can post whatever they like claiming it is factual. What is much more difficult is PROVING what you post is factual. That is why you hide behind an unregistered name and cry all the time on here.
Oh, stop crying. What is it you want to know? I'll tell you,(if I beleive in it) just to stop the tears.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

justasayin wrote:
BF, SOMETIMES, your writings are bearable, but I gotta say, the ramblings of ten gallon hats etc....just sux. You really didn't cover it this time. Like it or not Texas has progressed just a little more than your depiction.
Us southerners got you, no matter what form you take.
I love Texas. We could just spit on he rest of the US.
SECESSION!!

Don't worry, we'll let all the white-hating, freeloading colored people go up north with you.

And I'll be DANCINGGG!!
UFM

Del Rio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Hey!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bandera Discussions

Search the Bandera Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 21 min Imperial Chicano 17,218
will do anything...i need atleast 1000 dollars ... (Mar '12) 3 hr Mr Williams 216
looking for tranny fun 3 hr John 3
Boehner Comes Out of Closet 5 hr Go to hell 2
Professional Transportation, Inc. (Feb '12) 6 hr AlsoAnonymous 350
Feature points Referral Code 6 hr Diego 98
EXCLUSIVE! ACI Bathhouse customers sound off... (May '11) 10 hr Pooch Man 97
•••
•••
•••
•••

Bandera Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000