Man shot in the leg after startling deputy

Sep 21, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KHOU-TV Houston

Be careful who you say "Boo!" to. A Bandera County jailer was shot in the thigh after he jumped out and roared at a deputy in a darkened room at Bandera County Sheriff's Department office.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
cowboy steve

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 25, 2009
 
move over barney fife!
shocked

Elgin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 14, 2011
 
at least Barney Fife could shoot. This guy is more like Elmer Fud
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 23, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Fellow Taxpayers,

The Commissioners Court may be reaching the end of their rope concerning our so called Sheriff's Department. The most recent decision to continue the status quo of insider leadership by the commissioners voting 3 to 1, with Bobby Harris objecting, is headed to...

More Embarrassment For Our Bandera Community!

We need to stand up and be counted because of the way Bandera County voters were recently misled by the majority of the commissioners flip-flopping from what was reported by the San Antonio Express-News and our local newspapers on April 26, 2011 - The Court approved a very good, transparent process where resumes, including those of eligible outside applicants would be solicited, and from that pool a qualified law enforcement administrator would be selected to serve the remaining term of the convicted ex-Sheriff, which would end in December of 2012. Those in attendance applauded the process and the citizens looked forward to having a Sheriff's Department that we could all be proud of and serve our community in an honorable fashion.

The BIG CRASH we all heard on May 19th was when the Court voted to do away with the above process and "give the voters the opportunity to select their Sheriff," as a result of party primaries next year... meantime, the Chief Deputy would be assuming the Sheriff's responsibilities. Keep in mind that the appointed Chief Deputy has never been vetted by the Commissioners and was hired by former Sheriff Tucker (does this sound familiar?). The Chief Deputy has been running the Department for a long time already, and was certainly aware of what was happening and kept everything to himself. As it is now, we won't have a chance to have a better administrator until January of 2013.

We, as taxpayers, as voters, deserve better decision making and certainly more transparency in local governments.

Attend the next Commissioners Court meeting

This coming Thursday May 26, at 10 am

Historic Courthouse in the upstairs courtroom

Sign up to speak and direct your comments to your particular Commissioner and also to Judge Evans. Bring your spouse, friends, neighbors and have them do the same. We NEED numbers to make an impact on the Court majority that approved this misguided effort. The Court can simply rescind their latest action and continue on in a transparent process to select the most qualified replacement until voters decide who their choice will be in 2012
Concerned

Elgin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 30, 2011
 
Shadow you are absolutely correct! But a lot of people are at work at 10am on weekdays. You certainly do need numbers, but it's gonna be hard to get numbers at 10am for working people. I wish you a lot of luck and please let us know how it turns out!!!! WE need CHANGE!!
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 31, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Concerned wrote:
Shadow you are absolutely correct! But a lot of people are at work at 10am on weekdays. You certainly do need numbers, but it's gonna be hard to get numbers at 10am for working people. I wish you a lot of luck and please let us know how it turns out!!!! WE need CHANGE!!
Worked out well. Lots of retired people came to witness this.
Richard Smith has not been named Sheriff and after a brief comment session and Commissioner Harris reminding the other Commissioners and Judge that they had not personally seen Smith's resume the whole idea of a 10-20-30-percent raise for Smith was tabled.
Like Harris said, how can you discuss a raise for someone you don't know anything about? Not that Smith is a bad guy or for that matter a good guy he is simply an un known.
He has however been involved in a string of bad deals out of the Sheriff's department from deputies killing a man in his home to the latest leaving a child on the side of the road un attended.
I believe the whole group of people who submitted resumes should be looked at. Who knows what might be laying on the Judges desk right now. There is at least one ex Sheriff and God only knows who else interested in the job.
Bottom line the County asked for resumes and should look at them before making a decision like this.
Glad you are watching, we all need to.
Concerned

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 31, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I've lived here my whole life shadow, I 100% agree with you about BCSO, needs a thorough house cleaning! Too many crooks and liars. These people allow power to go to their heads and NOW we have left them with no leader! Not that Tucker was one, but kids can't be left unattended!!!
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 1, 2011
 
Concerned wrote:
I've lived here my whole life shadow, I 100% agree with you about BCSO, needs a thorough house cleaning! Too many crooks and liars. These people allow power to go to their heads and NOW we have left them with no leader! Not that Tucker was one, but kids can't be left unattended!!!
It is a shame but someone brought up the other day that Smith was trained by our indicted felon Sheriff Tucker.
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Need new people to stop this from happening again.
You are exactly right!
shocked

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 23, 2011
 
The same officer who shot the jailer is also supposed to be protecting the community but instead he was cheating on his wife of many years with another county employee. I think there is a problem there.
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 26, 2011
 
TRUE JUSTICE 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tease.
Rumor has it the deputy who was shot and the deputy shooter were chasing the same woman. A dispatcher I heard.
Is that what you were talking about?
Well is that what you were talking about shocked?
shocked

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 6, 2011
 
no thats not what i was talking about. I heard that he was involved with an emt.
Iron Man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 15, 2011
 
What you heard is old news but true, and as far as the jailer that was shot in the leg, that idiot was sent back to Hondo. Why? The answer is cause he was fire here recently.
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 18, 2011
 
Iron Man wrote:
What you heard is old news but true, and as far as the jailer that was shot in the leg, that idiot was sent back to Hondo. Why? The answer is cause he was fire here recently.
Passin notes to inmates is a no no.
Almost as bad as stealing milk.
Nothing is gonna change in Bandera until Smith is removed and replaced with a real Sheriff and the deputies that lied to prosecutors and a grand jury are removed as well.
If these people couldn't or didn't feel they had to tell the truth to a grand jury and AG investigators does Bandera County really need them? the short answer is NO.
Would they be truthful in deaings with you-no one knows do they.
Iron Man

Helotes, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 3, 2012
 
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Passin notes to inmates is a no no.
Almost as bad as stealing milk.
Nothing is gonna change in Bandera until Smith is removed and replaced with a real Sheriff and the deputies that lied to prosecutors and a grand jury are removed as well.
If these people couldn't or didn't feel they had to tell the truth to a grand jury and AG investigators does Bandera County really need them? the short answer is NO.
Would they be truthful in deaings with you-no one knows do they.
I heard that the deputy that shot Spangler is a day deputy now and left his wife of four for an EMS personal and lives very happy off of 173. Wow that's they way to go and get promoted down here in Bandtuckit, Great work to the administration of Bandera county, Ahh what a happy ending good look to you Fife aka "AJ".
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 4, 2012
 
Iron Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that the deputy that shot Spangler is a day deputy now and left his wife of four for an EMS personal and lives very happy off of 173. Wow that's they way to go and get promoted down here in Bandtuckit, Great work to the administration of Bandera county, Ahh what a happy ending good look to you Fife aka "AJ".
I heard that shooting involved more than the deputy thinking the jailer was a big ol' bear. Some very personal things involved there that never came out.
But as you know cover up is the mode for Bandera's finest.
Think I'll apply for the City Marshall's job. Lots of benifits and very little work.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Bandera Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bandera People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Bandera News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bandera
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••