Best place to live in San Antonio

Best place to live in San Antonio

Posted in the Bandera Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Nov 10

San Mateo, CA

#1 Nov 16, 2010
My husband and I are moving to San Antonio in February and have no idea where to begin looking for places to live. I'm from Columbus Ohio and love the city but would like to live in a neighborhood where I can walk to things like shopping and entertainment. Any suggestions? Thanks!!
Laydee

United States

#2 Nov 18, 2010
Try universal city its ne part of sa..there is a shopping.area called the forum with lots of shopping..there is schertz,cibilo,and live oak around here. I 35 and loop 1604 are easily acessible. I 35 goes to san marcus wherw there is outlet malls.

“What the hell, Man?”

Since: Jan 09

San Antonio, TX

#3 Nov 18, 2010
I personally, along with my family, are trying as hard as we can to get the hell out of here. I was born and raised here, and unfortunately, it is no where near the same as it was years ago. I am sad that my hometown has become what it has become. No side of town is safe anymore.

Your best bet is to live outside of the city. Try Boerne, New Braunfels, Cibolo, Schertz, etc...
New Braunels

Schertz, TX

#4 Nov 20, 2010
You'll love New Braunfels
Curious

United States

#5 Nov 20, 2010
New Braunels wrote:
You'll love New Braunfels
I think New Braunfels gets crowded during the summer summer and spring break. Hasnt a river flooded there a few times this year?

“What the hell, Man?”

Since: Jan 09

San Antonio, TX

#6 Nov 20, 2010
Curious wrote:
<quoted text> I think New Braunfels gets crowded during the summer summer and spring break. Hasnt a river flooded there a few times this year?
I lived in New Braunfels for a couple of years. I liked it very much. Yes, it does get crowded during the summer. That's the only downside. As for the rivers flooding, there's not much you can do about that, except not live near the rivers. Other than that, I think NB is a great town.

“Made In America”

Since: Oct 09

United States

#7 Nov 20, 2010
Katie7722 wrote:
My husband and I are moving to San Antonio in February and have no idea where to begin looking for places to live. I'm from Columbus Ohio and love the city but would like to live in a neighborhood where I can walk to things like shopping and entertainment. Any suggestions? Thanks!!
Alamo Heights is a wonderful Place, or the Medical Center Area of San Antonio, you will also love the greatness of the Weather here. I moved here from New Jersey and, trust me I have never looked back.

I must warn you that the "Menatality" here is quite slower and the People drive like turtles but, that is ok, I will take this place much over New Jersey...

good luck....
Mark

Aberdeen, MD

#8 Jun 14, 2011
We are due to move to San Antonio soon and wow looking at the crime statistics. HOLY CRAP I'm surprised because Baltimore barely out does the area in crime. Overall yeah the stuff there is more petty and we have a lot of shootings and murder here but damn. That's a lot of crime there still. It's a little worrying because we were looking forward to getting away from all the crime around here and being in the slower life, and we find out nope almost in the same boat.
Rethink

United States

#9 Jun 23, 2011
Mark wrote:
We are due to move to San Antonio soon and wow looking at the crime statistics. HOLY CRAP I'm surprised because Baltimore barely out does the area in crime. Overall yeah the stuff there is more petty and we have a lot of shootings and murder here but damn. That's a lot of crime there still. It's a little worrying because we were looking forward to getting away from all the crime around here and being in the slower life, and we find out nope almost in the same boat.
the crime is terrible here. Look outside of San Antonio. Look in Garden Ridge, Helotes, both are just outside of San Antonio. You will not like San Antonio. The graffitti and litter are a tell- tale sign of what the majority are that live there! Good luck.
Nation of Imbeciles

San Antonio, TX

#12 Jun 25, 2011
East Rigsby & Houston street area with historic Fort Sam Houston nearby is so luxurious and delightful. I hope you move there.
HUNTR

United States

#13 Jun 25, 2011
It's not like crime is running rampant throughout the whole city...just in the places where there's graffiti EVERYWHERE (the graffiti is gangs marking their territory), but every big city has that problem. If you want to live near the city within walking distance of nice shops there's really only one area you should look at. Alamo Heights is a neighborhood located near a prestigious university (University of the Incarnate Word), wonderful shopping areas (Alamo Quarry just to name one) and great restaurants. Alamo Heights even has their own police that are pretty strict, but it keeps the place safe. There's another area called the King Williams Historical District that's close to downtown but there's more cons than pros to living there. It's really expensive, the surrounding area is not that great and it gets really gets crowded every first friday of the month when artists, merchants, musicians and hipsters gather to tell each other how cool they are. Other than that the shops and restaurants are very trendy, friendly and unique.
Tyrone Fromdabloc

New Braunfels, TX

#14 Jun 25, 2011
HUNTR wrote:
It's not like crime is running rampant throughout the whole city...just in the places where there's graffiti EVERYWHERE (the graffiti is gangs marking their territory), but every big city has that problem. If you want to live near the city within walking distance of nice shops there's really only one area you should look at. Alamo Heights is a neighborhood located near a prestigious university (University of the Incarnate Word), wonderful shopping areas (Alamo Quarry just to name one) and great restaurants. Alamo Heights even has their own police that are pretty strict, but it keeps the place safe. There's another area called the King Williams Historical District that's close to downtown but there's more cons than pros to living there. It's really expensive, the surrounding area is not that great and it gets really gets crowded every first friday of the month when artists, merchants, musicians and hipsters gather to tell each other how cool they are. Other than that the shops and restaurants are very trendy, friendly and unique.
I works my woman there and always turn a profit. Five-O don't bother a working pimp so its all good.
Nation of Imbeciles

San Antonio, TX

#15 Jun 25, 2011
The best places to live in San Antonio are any locations east of the Alamodome or south of Highway 90 or IH10
HUNTR

United States

#16 Jun 26, 2011
Also I would really just ask a real estate agent because there are alot of dumb asses who like to write stuff on here just to mess with everyone.
Nation of Imbeciles

San Antonio, TX

#17 Jun 26, 2011
HUNTR wrote:
Also I would really just ask a real estate agent because there are alot of dumb asses who like to write stuff on here just to mess with everyone.
You live in a craphole called Arlington. Why should anyone take your advice?
HUNTR

United States

#18 Jun 26, 2011
I was born and raised in San Antonio. I dont plan on leaving anytime soon either. I love this city!
Nation of Imbeciles

San Antonio, TX

#19 Jun 26, 2011
HUNTR wrote:
I was born and raised in San Antonio. I dont plan on leaving anytime soon either. I love this city!
LOL
High crime

United States

#20 Jun 27, 2011
Look up crime comparisions on the net. San Antonio has a high crime rate overall and is/will get worse over time. Also your insurance will go up on your vehicle due to all the crime. Property taxes are extremely high, 3.0 percent. Look to the suburbs outside the city for lower crime and a little cheaper property taxes. Where are you moving from? San Antonio is not that great of a city, weather is aweful. If you are moving from a major ghetto then perhaps you will like it here. People are not friendly here. This is my honest opinion. Do yourself a favor and look up the crime rate and then decide. San Antonio scored very low.
Nation of Imbeciles

San Antonio, TX

#21 Jun 27, 2011
High crime wrote:
Look up crime comparisions on the net. San Antonio has a high crime rate overall and is/will get worse over time. Also your insurance will go up on your vehicle due to all the crime. Property taxes are extremely high, 3.0 percent. Look to the suburbs outside the city for lower crime and a little cheaper property taxes. Where are you moving from? San Antonio is not that great of a city, weather is aweful. If you are moving from a major ghetto then perhaps you will like it here. People are not friendly here. This is my honest opinion. Do yourself a favor and look up the crime rate and then decide. San Antonio scored very low.
I agree. I live in the burbs as the city is infested with worthless human insects.
Pit Bull

New Braunfels, TX

#22 Jun 28, 2011
Nation of Imbeciles wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I live in the burbs as the city is infested with worthless human insects.
Just squash them like a bug!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bandera Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mobile Massage for Women 28 min John dont get none 2
Mail lady who delivers mail on mccullough ave a... 2 hr anonymou s 5
La tranny from Califas likes to peak in on this... 2 hr haha 5
Cleaning Up Ham Radio in San Antonio (Aug '10) 5 hr Juan 6,317
Gilbert gonzalez 9 hr Captain 3
News Does Juli n Castro Have the Chops to be Veep? 17 hr truth 1
News Von Ormy allowing sale of fireworks (Jan '09) 20 hr been there done that 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bandera Mortgages