"Texas Auto Services" (Auto Value Exp...

"Texas Auto Services" (Auto Value Experts)

Posted in the Bandera Forum

Alejandro

Seguin, TX

#1 May 12, 2010
Avoid Scams.
That's piece of advice I found at their website.
It's like ironic.
A few years ago I fell for their pitch on San Antonio radio.
I got NOTHING for my $400.00....nothing.
Scammed

Denver, CO

#2 Sep 13, 2011
Same story here! I've reported them to local police, FBI and BBB. Dont fall victim yourself.
trying not to be victim

San Antonio, TX

#4 Nov 15, 2011
What happened? I met with them yesterday and am trying to research them before I paid them....All info you can give me would be appreciated!
Waste of money

San Antonio, TX

#5 Jan 24, 2012
. Paid for report and promises of "assisting" us "in the process of our claim". The response we received after over two months and repeated phone calls and emails to mr. Shipley was an email stating he wasn't able to get a response from the insurance company and recommended we seek legal council. In our opinion it was a complete and utter waste of $450.00. I am capable of getting the Kelly blue book value for free and faxing it to the insurance company. I too asked for my money back, but he refused, and he said we signed a contract stating we were paying only for report. Well that is all you get folks! Best of luck. Were out money.
victim of scam

San Antonio, TX

#8 Feb 14, 2012
Total scam! Robert Shipley bragged about his background and experience in the auto industry and claimed he could get us paid in 3 to 4 weeks. He claimed he would constantly call the insurance company until they paid. The service agreement states that he will continue to assist in processing claim at no additional cost. Six months later and over a dozen emails, phone calls and texts and we still do not know the status of the claim. We were referred by North Park Collision Center, which did a horrible repair job on my vehicle. The shop claimed they would have repairs done in 1 month but received it after 3 months. I asked Robert Shipley to take a look at vehicle before we picked it up. He did and said the car looks great. Once we evaluated it, we found over a dozen things wrong and we are not even experts! Most of the things wrong were obvious. What's the point of the repairs being warrantied if we have to keep taking car back for the repairs to be done right. I am still dealing with a few things they failed to repair correctly. Both companies have not shame and are ripping off hard-working people. Please don't be a victim like me.
auto service experts

San Antonio, TX

#10 May 7, 2012
located on e bitters in san antonio 78232
horrendously unprofessional, caught mechanic in a LIE when warranty no fee work was involved, customer service

backed up his LIE. dishonest business practices, horrible customer service,not honoring warranty work, ridiculous

price inflation, replacing unnecessary parts, causing vehicle problems that were not there prior to entering the

bay, did not fix original issue, and damaged the vehicle, fiddling under the hood after diagnosis and realized they

wouldn't get more money out of me. Car is now being investigated by professionals for damage to parts and vehicle.

Car now has additional issue that was not there prior to entering the bay, and was apparent when pulling out of the

bay. I have had another very reputable service shop do a full diagnosis on the vehicle 2 days prior and a 30 year

mechanic who checked the vehicle out as well a day prior, both honest. Car was not driven all weekend after being

checked out by other mechanics and brought back here only to honor warranty work, at the advice of the other shop

and mechanic, who advised they should fix the issue properly since they already received payment. I always go to

professional shops and dealers to service my automobile. I actually paid less at a dealer for service in the past

with much better service, and quicker turn around time on service and concierge customer service with loaners and

courtesy vans. I brought it back to them against gut instinct, because i had already paid them a good deal of money

only weeks prior for the same issue, and at the mechanics advice. I brought it to them originally because they are

close to home to fix a problem that needed immediate attention. This shop is a bunch of unethical liars and

cheaters. My family, friends and professional colleagues have already been notified to AVOID this unethnical

business. THEY ONLY WANT YOUR HARD EARNED INCOME. SAVE YOURSELF AN ENORMOUS HEADACHE, FUTURE PROBLEMS, ISSUES WITH

YOUR VEHICLE AND YOUR MONEY AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE, you'll get MUCH BETTER PRICES, only necessary parts replaced and

quicker service, they are only out for to take your money here, it's quite apparent. do not trust these fakes and

flakes! they remove delete and hide negative comments
WWatson

San Antonio, TX

#13 Jun 19, 2012
This is confusing. Looks like some of the reviews as for a car repair place.

Robert Shipley, owner of Auto Value Experts, helped me when I could not deal with the insurance company anymore. Great service, worked with my attorney too.
lybr

Round Rock, TX

#14 Jul 2, 2012
Conman who is quick to take your money and run. Steer clear. We wish we had.
lybr

Round Rock, TX

#15 Jul 2, 2012
Conman who was quick to take our money and run.
KGW

San Antonio, TX

#17 Nov 1, 2013
I gave Robert Shipley $450 and he never helped me with my diminished value claim. He will not return phone calls. Complete rip off.
Adam Sauceda

Austin, TX

#19 Jan 4, 2014
I had a great experience with Robert and his company. I spent a huge amount of time fighting with the insurance company about the value that my vehicle lost from an accident that was not my fault. Once I got Auto Value Experts involved, my case got settled in less than two weeks and I got back more than I was originally asking for. Robert and Company are worth looking into if you are in a similar situation. Very quick to respond, and very good that their job!
Rebecca Flores

Austin, TX

#20 Jan 8, 2014
I meet with Robert from Auto Value Experts on Dec 11, 2013. He told me my loss of value was $3795.00. I just received a check for $3400.00! I am very happy as the difference was within the range that Robert advised me of. VERY VERY good service! I recommend him to EVERYONE!

Since: Jan 14

Austin, TX

#21 Jan 9, 2014
I hired Auto Value Experts in Sept of 2012. It took us about 2 1/2 months to get the claim resolved, and is did not get the full claim amount of $6200, but I did get $5500. The insurance company was very difficult to deal with but Auto Value Experts kept on fighting to get it done. I could not have dealt with the insurance company on my own. I would name them here but don't know if that's allowed. I recommend Auto Value Experts.
Anonymous

Austin, TX

#22 Jan 10, 2014
I just got a call from my insurance company on a vehicle that was burnt when some kids we playing a prank. After working with auto value experts, we were able to get an additional $2000 over what they wanted to total it out for. Although it took a while, I am happy. They did ask me to write my honest review of their services, which I am happy to do.
Tom Russo Sr

Houston, TX

#23 Apr 8, 2014
Got help from Auto Value Experts on my lost value claim. Great help! Why have we not heard of this before?

Since: Dec 14

United States

#25 Dec 6, 2014
Highly recommend! Easy process. Great help. I had never heard of this as a recoverable amount. Auto Value Experts came through when I could not do it myself.

Since: Dec 14

United States

#26 Dec 16, 2014
I used this company after my teenager was hit during a driving exam. I did not like that it took about 9 weeks, but we did receive our lost value. This helped us in trading our car much easier.
Borne TX

San Antonio, TX

#28 Sep 3, 2015
I used this service with promise they would file report and help with any issues.. Received report - after waiting to here from insurance company for almost two months I called them and was told report never filed. I filed report and was told it was simply a opinion and had no proof of diminished value. Robert Shipley has refused to return calls for months. Insurance company probably looked him up and determined that he does no follow up, so they blew me off.
Mike Brown

Richmond, TX

#29 Nov 3, 2015
Robert Shipley is a scam. Total liar. Hard to get a hold of.
TedFlippet

San Antonio, TX

#31 Dec 28, 2016
My family has used Auto Value Experts three times in the last 4 years (not same car!). Great every time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bandera Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HEB is racist is their hiring.... (Oct '10) 3 hr Joy 92
Cleaning Up Ham Radio in San Antonio (Aug '10) 4 hr hey tommy 8,002
Is your child safe? Inbreds on the prowl 6 hr El Chapo 12
Racist Molester 7 hr Anonymous 3
News 4 S.A. men charged with child sexual assault in... 8 hr For real 6
6 6 6 the # of the beaSt 9 hr Liar Liar 2
TRUMP: I Lied... No Comey Tapes 19 hr cristal 2

Bandera Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance