Professional Transportation, Inc.
anonymous

United States

#280 Feb 9, 2014
New employee cell nunbers with employee ID were given out to coworkers. I didnt get one. MAYBE BECAUSE NEXT TO MY NAME IN RED LETTERS IS THE WORD, TERM. AS IN TEMINATED?... Thats why the UPSEU corp rep refused to take a writen grievance.
I told my abm that I was filing a grievance with my union....Im fired?
jimim523

Syracuse, UT

#281 Feb 10, 2014
Marja - come on, you are smarter than that ... we are only talking about $13.84 A MONTH...if you are only making less than $100 a MONTH, it is time for you to get a new job - like....NOW!!!

Anonymous - I think I am missing something out of your story. However, as for this part this is easy, if you have seniority over everyone on a posted yard bid that signs up for that bid, you get the bid, period.
I think for the most part, at this time, you need to call Steve Greulick who is the Head of HR in Evansville and have a talk with him. Call the corporate number, 800-471-2440 and tell the operator you want to talk to Steve Greulick in HR. If he is not in, leave a message, name, branch and your phone number and a BRIEF statement about why you are calling. He will call you back. Make sure you tell him that you are having issues with your branch manager. Once he calls back, have ALL of your facts in front of you so you can talk intelligently about the problem, be short and to the point and precise. He WILL look into this for you.
Also another thing. You have not mentioned where you are working (your branch) and also if there IS a Union at your branch FOR SURE. If you leave me your E-Mail address, I will contact you and get some information and contact the Union to get some information for you. Let me know how things go with your call to Steve.
billyr

United States

#282 Feb 14, 2014
Can anyone tell me what the going rate of pay now as of 2/14/14 is how much for driving and how much for waiting at the wallbridge oh. office
jimim523

Syracuse, UT

#283 Feb 14, 2014
billyr - if you are a new hire, minimum wage for WAIT time and 16 cents a mile for driving. After 60 days, the mileage goes up. After a year, wait time and mileage go up as well. Walbridge IS a Union office and there IS a contract inforce that is strictly adhered to by everyone.
anonymous

Excelsior, MN

#284 Feb 19, 2014
Ok Jim. I called HR. NO ANSWER.
I asked her to reopen take job bid, she refused.
After a 13 hour run, I forgot to sign out. So my BM called me with a verbal repremand. TODAY IS MY DAY OFF!
So she says, Im writing you up.
I reokied ok Im writing you uo.
THEN MY BM FIRED ME.
anonymous

Excelsior, MN

#285 Feb 19, 2014
PTI HR called me. My BM is in trouble for
1) writing me up without telling me,
2) Trying to fire me over me not signing out ON MY DAY OFF,
3) Not respecting union seniority.
4) Not letting union CBA seniority issues go.

After PTI HR reinstated me, someone slashed my tire sim in my front yard!

Wow! Thanks Jim
PTI MGR

Minocqua, WI

#286 Mar 7, 2014
jimim523 wrote:
vrexx1 - for the most part, anyone over 18 with a good driving record for the last hmm...3 or 5 years (not sure, sorry) will be hired IF they pass the drug test and background check. Can't tell you why they were so inept at the job fair other than (maybe)
Drivers must have a clean riving record and at least 7 years of driving history. Cannot hire 18 year olds, or in most states anyon under 23 years old. Career fairs generally do provide opportunity to hire a lot of people and then they get culled. 50% will not pass drug screen or Motor Vehicle Rcord (MVR) check. Then another 50% of the remaining will decide it isn't for them before they finish training. Hire 20 people at a job fair and then usually get 4 or 5 out of training for a while.
Anonymous

Castroville, TX

#287 Mar 7, 2014
marquez. sara. freddy. "paige oniel" "michelle lee labaron" Louisa leal Michael Reynaldo mayson ...... michelle lee labaron is paige oniel she says she is me and has been saying that since 2006 good john you know you know common love you see me even when I am away you hear me when I am gone... we are connected forever like bestfriends are..... you know you know what I am saying. chris chris chris chris
marcia 1948

United States

#288 Mar 7, 2014
walbrige pti ohio does not pay for drivers to inspect cars before trip or driving their vans to pickup in same city. Is that legal???
Carrie Copeland

Fitzgerald, GA

#289 Mar 12, 2014
Does anyone know the number to the lawsuit company PTI was sued by? Need to know when check coming in
jimim523

Syracuse, UT

#290 Mar 12, 2014
marcia 1948 wrote:
walbrige pti ohio does not pay for drivers to inspect cars before trip or driving their vans to pickup in same city. Is that legal???
Marcia,
You must be new to PTI Walbridge but this is your answer. PTI was sued by a driver for not paying for per-trip inspections, getting gas and cleaning windows along with another 20 charges. The lawsuit took over 2 years to complete and in the end, PTI threatened to drag it out longer and the driver Attorneys decided it was in the best interest of their (original client) and those involved with the class action suit to settle it. So, your answer is, though it is unethical that drivers do work above and beyond and do not get paid for it. Better get used to this type of treatment because it is just one of the many things that will piss you off. If it is something you feel very strongly about and you have money and time, then file another lawsuit against PTI and lets see how your outcome plays out.
Sit down and have a nice heart to heart with John (ABM) one night and listen to what he has to say about all of this garbage. Do not talk to any other management about it...John can be trusted, the others, can NOT!!!!!!!!!!
jimim523

Syracuse, UT

#292 Mar 12, 2014
anonymous wrote:
PTI HR called me. My BM is in trouble for
1) writing me up without telling me,
2) Trying to fire me over me not signing out ON MY DAY OFF,
3) Not respecting union seniority.
4) Not letting union CBA seniority issues go.
After PTI HR reinstated me, someone slashed my tire sim in my front yard!
Wow! Thanks Jim
Some of these BM's think they are "god" but really, they for the most part, do not know their ass from a hole in the ground. I am glad you took my advice about HR and I am EXTREMELY glad that HR backed you up and reprimanded the BM (hopefully fired him/her).
You also did not say if HR made the BM put that bid back up which if not, then I urge you to contact the Union Steward and fill out a grievance because that is definitely not right and against the Union contract. Do not let this one go .. if you need help, let me know and I will see what I can do for you.
I hope you are thanking me for your help and not for your slashed tire.:)
Good luck to you and by the way, get in on that lawsuit I mentioned above..
anonymous

Minneapolis, MN

#293 Mar 13, 2014
jimim523 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of these BM's think they are "god" but really, they for the most part, do not know their ass from a hole in the ground. I am glad you took my advice about HR and I am EXTREMELY glad that HR backed you up and reprimanded the BM (hopefully fired him/her).
You also did not say if HR made the BM put that bid back up which if not, then I urge you to contact the Union Steward and fill out a grievance because that is definitely not right and against the Union contract. Do not let this one go .. if you need help, let me know and I will see what I can do for you.
I hope you are thanking me for your help and not for your slashed tire.:)
Good luck to you and by the way, get in on that lawsuit I mentioned above..
YES, JIM, IM THANKING YOU FOR YOU HELP.
No HR DID NOTHING, I NEED HELP.

I ALSO FOUND OUT I WAS BLAMED FOR AN ACCIDENT ANOTHER MORE SENIOR DRIVER DID. I WAS WRITEN UP BY WITTEN.
I WAS NOT NOTIFIED! I NEED A STEWART.
MY STEWART TOLD MY BM I FILED A LABOR BOARD CHARGE AGAINST HER. WHICH I DID NOT. BUT MY DOCTOR AND THE ADA REP. TOLD ME TO.
THE NEXT DAY, MR. W WROTE ME UP FOR THAT MONTH OLD WRECK.
I WAS ALSO DEDUCTED TIME FROM A RUN, VERBALLY REPRIMANDED FOR SIGN IN ON MY DAY OFF. ACTUALLY MY RUN RAN INTO MY DAY OFF I WAS NOT SIGNED OUT ON MY DAY OFF.
IM WRITING UP EEOC AND LABOR BOARD NOW UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO MEDIATE FOR ME.

ALSO THE DRIVER WHO WAS KNOWN FOR DOING THE DAMAGE TO THE COMPANY VEHICLE IS SCREAMING AT ME AT WORK. THREATENING TO WRITE ME UP WHILE SWARING AND CUSSING AT ME.

MY HOURS HAVE BEEN REDUCED TO LESS THAN 36 HOURS PERWEEK.

IM 5TH IN SENIORITY BUT I FEEL DISCRIMINATED AGAINST AS THE MALES ARE GIVEN ALL THE OVERTIME AND BETTER JOBS.
I feel retaliated on after I complained of discrimination. This is thev econd time I have complained of discrimination.
Then I was fired by my BM for pursuing a job bid given to two less senior male drivers with less driving experience by years because they both have suppended licensees AND I DON'T!
If want to try to help mediate my seniority, send your info. here and I will contact you. Thank again Jim for all your help.
PS, WHAT LAWSUIT? Who sued PTI?
anonymous

Minneapolis, MN

#294 Mar 13, 2014
Carrie Copeland wrote:
Does anyone know the number to the lawsuit company PTI was sued by? Need to know when check coming in
...WHAT CITY STATE? Id like to know too.
anonymous

Minneapolis, MN

#295 Mar 13, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
YES, JIM, IM THANKING YOU FOR YOU HELP.
No HR DID NOTHING, I NEED HELP.
I ALSO FOUND OUT I WAS BLAMED FOR AN ACCIDENT ANOTHER MORE SENIOR DRIVER DID. I WAS WRITEN UP BY Mr. W.
I WAS NOT NOTIFIED! I NEED A STEWART.
MY STEWART TOLD MY BM I FILED A LABOR BOARD CHARGE AGAINST HER. WHICH I DID NOT. BUT MY DOCTOR AND THE ADA REP. TOLD ME TO.
THE NEXT DAY, MR. W WROTE ME UP FOR THAT MONTH OLD WRECK.
I WAS ALSO DEDUCTED TIME FROM A RUN, VERBALLY REPRIMANDED FOR SIGN IN ON MY DAY OFF. ACTUALLY MY RUN RAN INTO MY DAY OFF I WAS NOT SIGNED OUT ON MY DAY OFF.
IM WRITING UP EEOC AND LABOR BOARD NOW UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO MEDIATE FOR ME.
ALSO THE DRIVER WHO WAS KNOWN FOR DOING THE DAMAGE TO THE COMPANY VEHICLE IS SCREAMING AT ME AT WORK. THREATENING TO WRITE ME UP WHILE SWARING AND CUSSING AT ME.
MY HOURS HAVE BEEN REDUCED TO LESS THAN 36 HOURS PERWEEK.
IM 5TH IN SENIORITY BUT I FEEL DISCRIMINATED AGAINST AS THE MALES ARE GIVEN ALL THE OVERTIME AND BETTER JOBS.
I feel retaliated on after I complained of discrimination. This is thev econd time I have complained of discrimination.
Then I was fired by my BM for pursuing a job bid given to two less senior male drivers with less driving experience by years because they both have suppended licensees AND I DON'T!
If want to try to help mediate my seniority, send your info. here and I will contact you. Thank again Jim for all your help.
PS, WHAT LAWSUIT? Who sued PTI?
,---------ADDITIONALLY,
...oops. I forgot to add.---------

, I WAS OFF SICK THE WEEK THAT COMPANY VEHICLE WAS SAID TO BE WRECKED. I WROTE UP AN EMAIL AND THE BRANCH OFC ABM SAID OK.

ALSO ANOTHER MALE DRIVER FINDER BENDED ANOTHER COMPANY VEHICLE LAST WEEK AND NOTHING WAS WRITEN UP ON HIM.

I FEEL DISCRININATED AGAINST AS HE IS BEING PAID MORE THAN I AM FOR THE SAME JOB! HE WAS HIRED AFTER MY DATE OF HIRE.

Regards.
jimim523

Syracuse, UT

#296 Mar 14, 2014
give me your E-Mail address and I will write you personally rather than publicly about your answers that you need to have because something is not right in the branch you are working for - something really really wrong!
Anonymous

Bessemer, AL

#298 Mar 26, 2014
Joseph Cassell, a Wichita, Kansas-based lawyer, has successfully sued PTI and other rail transport companies for violating wage laws.
Anonymous

Bessemer, AL

#299 Mar 26, 2014
jimim523 is correct that each driver needs to "protect your own ass" with a vehicle inspection. I actually video the condition of the van as well for extra protection. The company is violating the law, however, in requiring driver's to do the inspection (a thorough one takes 10 minutes or more). If we are required to do it, then PTI must pay the driver for the time it takes. But that's not the only work that driver's perform for which they are not paid. The hammer will fall on the PTI tyrants. It's in the works as we speak. And Jim, get a life. You are obviously a paid goon. Then again, you probably do what you do because you didn't qualify to be a Wal-Mart Greeter.
jimim523

Syracuse, UT

#300 Mar 26, 2014
I have to laugh... you do not put your name and hide behind "anonymous" and say shit..... come out and play ASSHOLE!!!!!!!! At least I have said where I work, the city, the branch, who I am and what I do ... I have NOTHING to hide like you do .....obviously!! So I take what you say with LESS THAN a grain of salt.
Anonymous

Bessemer, AL

#301 Mar 27, 2014
Nope, you're a PTI plant and informant. I don't trust any of you. I stated facts. You pitched a child-like tantrum and lowered yourself to name-calling. When the name-calling begins, the name-caller is out of ideas; he's panicked and is shouting to the world that he's lost the argument. 'Nuff said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bandera Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cleaning Up Ham Radio in San Antonio (Aug '10) 35 min Jennifer 6,176
Hookers near South Alamo San Antonio (May '10) 6 hr James 96
Single Mexican women with MIXED BLACK kids (Dec '14) 11 hr 14u2nvbg 23
Just wondering 13 hr Anonymou s 6
Del rio 13 hr Anonymou s 4
Narcissistic TRUMP 14 hr cristal 3
Donald Trump: My manhood is this small... 15 hr cristal 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bandera Mortgages