Early voting
Bulldog Parent

Helotes, TX

#1 May 8, 2012
With early voting coming up next week, I know who I am voting for everywhere except sheriff. I am still stuck between a couple. I have gone to one open fourm, met the ones I didn't know, and didn't need to talk to the ones I already do. I just looking for some honest feed back of something NEW about who we have running for sheriff. I do believe we need a change, that is why the only thing I do know is I will not vot for anyone who is already working there at BCSO. Has anyone heard anything new. I don't want to slam anyone or gossip, just tring to figure out some of the new guys.
no tellin'

Bloomfield, MO

#2 May 12, 2012
Bulldog Parent wrote:
With early voting coming up next week, I know who I am voting for everywhere except sheriff. I am still stuck between a couple. I have gone to one open fourm, met the ones I didn't know, and didn't need to talk to the ones I already do. I just looking for some honest feed back of something NEW about who we have running for sheriff. I do believe we need a change, that is why the only thing I do know is I will not vot for anyone who is already working there at BCSO. Has anyone heard anything new. I don't want to slam anyone or gossip, just tring to figure out some of the new guys.
that's sad to put "anyone working at the BCSO" in the same bucket. Obviously you have no idea what the majority of the BCSO do on a daily basis that protects you and yours! I'm voting for Smith because he has proven himself as a very strong and forthright individual while serving the county in his current capacity. It is an administration position therefore think twice before voting for someone who has worked solo, who has a bad track record from another sheriff position, or has alot of dirty laundry to air.
Bulldog Parent

Helotes, TX

#3 May 13, 2012
[QUOTE who="no tellin'"]<quoted text>
that's sad to put "anyone working at the BCSO" in the same bucket. Obviously you have no idea what the majority of the BCSO do on a daily basis that protects you and yours! I'm voting for Smith because he has proven himself as a very strong and forthright individual while serving the county in his current capacity. It is an administration position therefore think twice before voting for someone who has worked solo, who has a bad track record from another sheriff position, or has alot of dirty laundry to air.[/QUOTE] I am not putting everyone at the BCSO in the "same bucket", or what ever you want to call it. What I do know is things need to change in our county! I do know there are a lot of great people working at the sheriff's office daily taking care of us, but I also know at the last forum when smith who I do think is a nice guy was asked what needed to change at the sheriff's office, he said NOTHING! That is ridiculous! That is where he lost my vote! I do think Kaiser or Butts will do a better job of getting things on the right path and have some understanding of Bandera county itself!
Voter

Helotes, TX

#4 May 18, 2012
I personally think that someone who has been here, knows our county, how it works, and has an understanding of what the people in this community truly need is the best person for the job. That is why my vote went with Scott Sharp earlier this week. I think he will work hard for everyone in this county and do right by us all!
SHADOW

Canyon Lake, TX

#5 Jul 29, 2012
Bulldog Parent wrote:
<quoted text> I am not putting everyone at the BCSO in the "same bucket", or what ever you want to call it. What I do know is things need to change in our county! I do know there are a lot of great people working at the sheriff's office daily taking care of us, but I also know at the last forum when smith who I do think is a nice guy was asked what needed to change at the sheriff's office, he said NOTHING! That is ridiculous! That is where he lost my vote! I do think Kaiser or Butts will do a better job of getting things on the right path and have some understanding of Bandera county itself!
I personally think Frances Kaiser is the best person for the job.
Now that it is down to Kaiser or Butts there is only one choice.
Parent you hit the nail on the head, if you think nothing needs to be changed at our Sheriff's department you just haven't been watching and listening. mith really believes everything is OK now.
Problem is, as you pointed out, there are people in the department that lied through their teeth to a Grand Jury and the Texas Attorney General's investigators/prosecutors to try to save Tucker.
Dan Butts thinks everything is OK there also and won't make waves either. He is supported by the Mason's of Bandera County and that is the entire "good ol' boys" club. At least most of them.
I heard Frances say she would be looking at everyone and will release anyone who is not doing a good job for the County.
Frances got my vote Friday and I hope she gets yours as well.
Good luck with who ever you choose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bandera Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Couple seeking woman (Oct '16) 1 hr Casanova 5
Trumps talking to Russia 1 hr Insider 3
I BUY spanish Tejano LP Records Conjunto Oldies... (Nov '11) 18 hr Helen 28
Cleaning Up Ham Radio in San Antonio (Aug '10) Sun Oh Poor Baby 7,975
Amanda Limon Sun Lolneedcuffs 1
News Explore the weight of a border wall along the e... Sun Far tee fart 167
Hot teen May 18 Friend 2

Bandera Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance