Life on oil rig hard but lucrative

There are 20 comments on the Apr 15, 2012, Desert Sun story titled Life on oil rig hard but lucrative. In it, Desert Sun reports that:

CARRIZO SPRINGS, Texas - A few years ago, Frankie Gonzalez was working marginal jobs and running with the wrong crowd in his small South Texas hometown of San Diego.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Desert Sun.

true believer

United States

#118 Dec 15, 2013
ive seen men go out on rigs and get drunk and comeback gayyy. and some just come back to there wives a changed man and dont talk or go the other way till they go back out
Steve

Edmonton, Canada

#119 Dec 16, 2013
The reason a man comes home changed ids he did not have a plan. I phone my girlfriend every night for 30-60 minutes. You make sure you keep a smile on and you fight for it. Do not spend large or you will be trapped. But you get into the upper positions and you make 300k for five years, you r house and retirement is paid. School does not guarantee the American dream. I have seen friends go into nursing and come out changed, dentists come out arrogant pricks. Yes the conditions are a little harsh at times, but some days you stand around and get paid 500bucks as a leasehand or roughneck. I saved my dads house with rig miney when he had a mental breakdown. Its all perspective, nothing is guaranteed, if you make the best of it, you can still have a good life on the riggs.
Steve

Edmonton, Canada

#120 Dec 16, 2013
When I was in pharmacy school I saw more addictions and horrible lifestyles than anything. I would study 12-14 hours a day and maybe see my girlfriend once every month and a half for half a day, that is not a way to live. I had to miss my best friends bachelor party so o could get a decent gr ade in oncology. I tasted people like shit and was a drunk. I went to the riggs and got happy again. Yeah, it's hard at first, but like I said in my earlier post, nothing is guaranteed, keep a positive outlook and work hard and you will be rewarded. P.S. 20 percent of the new pharmacists were getting jobs with pay cuts, hour cuts and were forced to be floaters. So much for that fancy education eh.
anonymous

United States

#121 Dec 16, 2013
i hope your not into fracking its bout to hit the fan and bottom out one the epa is presured to act on complaints that it poisons water wells and the rest of the environment
Blondie

Helotes, TX

#122 Dec 16, 2013
anonymous wrote:
i hope your not into fracking its bout to hit the fan and bottom out one the epa is presured to act on complaints that it poisons water wells and the rest of the environment
Maybe, but big money will pay off the right politicians and everything will be swept under the rug as usual by this crooked government!
jackie

El Monte, CA

#123 Dec 16, 2013
Hey guys plz help! We just moved to san Antonio & my hubby is looking to work for the oil rigs! He's being a police officer for 18 yrs & he's wanting to try something new $$$. Can u guys give me names of the oil rigs in sa...Thanks :)
oil

Eagle Pass, TX

#125 Dec 19, 2013
Life is hard but rewards are worth it.
Tony Phylactou

Limassol, Cyprus

#131 Feb 26, 2014
Typical day at an offshore oil rig.
good money

West Monroe, LA

#133 Mar 20, 2014
I've worked in the patch for 37 yrs its a dam good living I make $30,0000. A yr how many of you people that bad mouth us make that kind of money
Dinwiddie

San Antonio, TX

#134 Mar 20, 2014
good money wrote:
I've worked in the patch for 37 yrs its a dam good living I make $30,0000. A yr how many of you people that bad mouth us make that kind of money
All you make is $30,000 after thirty years? Doesn't sound to good to me. But if you make $300,000 good for you. If you could hang with it for that long you deserve it.
CJay

Cibolo, TX

#135 Mar 22, 2014
For those that work on the rig? How do you get a job there?
A piece of advice

Eagle Pass, TX

#136 Mar 22, 2014
The route to a secure future is to save as much money as you can in a bank account that yields you good returns and invest in real estate that produces profitable revenues and pays its own taxes; and if you can invest some of it in a small and profitable business, so much the better.
It is not just how hard you work and how much you make per year; its how wise you are with your money and your personal life.
Always seek advice from those who know finances before investing your money and trust no one; always seek second and third opinions on each project.
You may be in your 20ís and 30ís today; but 70ís and 80ís come quicker than you may think!
Melinda

San Antonio, TX

#138 Dec 6, 2014
I hope my bro obama shuts all the oil drilling down cause y'all just mess up the environment and turn guys gay and cheat on your wives and use vulgar language that no one wants to hear and drive like pricks and beat on people and force sex on women with your tiny peckers and then expect a gal to swallow and you don't wash your peckers and expect good BJ you make all that money and don't pay for the services women give you. We are clean for you but you don't even wipe your nasty ass and it stinks when you humping me. So that's why I want it shut down !
red adair

Adkins, TX

#139 Dec 6, 2014
Melinda wrote:
I hope my bro obama shuts all the oil drilling down cause y'all just mess up the environment and turn guys gay and cheat on your wives and use vulgar language that no one wants to hear and drive like pricks and beat on people and force sex on women with your tiny peckers and then expect a gal to swallow and you don't wash your peckers and expect good BJ you make all that money and don't pay for the services women give you. We are clean for you but you don't even wipe your nasty ass and it stinks when you humping me. So that's why I want it shut down !
Cause you're a whor e?
oilfield wife

Austin, TX

#141 Dec 15, 2014
Uneducated wrote:
I guess if you are a loser and chose not to go to college and that's the only option you have left, go for it! jajaja Personally, I have more self respect!
People with low IQ's have to use their hands, rather than their brains to make a living! jaja
My husband has a doctor and a lawyer who both left their careers to work in the oilfield because they make more money. Sounds to me like your a little jealous of that oilfield cash.
Rebeccabooty

San Antonio, TX

#142 Dec 16, 2014
oilfield wife wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband has a doctor and a lawyer who both left their careers to work in the oilfield because they make more money. Sounds to me like your a little jealous of that oilfield cash.
I bet you're jealous and pissed off because I'm probably screwing your husband. Yeah most of these oilfield guys are cheating on their wives. Most of them tell me how their wives won't do the things I do while having sex with them. Don't worry about your man baby, I'll take good care of him and he takes care of me by spending his cash on me buying me nice things and not you beetch! It's okay though I'll share him with you I'm not stingy.
oilfield wife

United States

#143 Dec 17, 2014
Rebeccabooty wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you're jealous and pissed off because I'm probably screwing your husband. Yeah most of these oilfield guys are cheating on their wives. Most of them tell me how their wives won't do the things I do while having sex with them. Don't worry about your man baby, I'll take good care of him and he takes care of me by spending his cash on me buying me nice things and not you beetch! It's okay though I'll share him with you I'm not stingy.
Lmmfao at this b*tch. My man knows what he has at home and ain't got no use for no money hungry c*nts like you. He comes home to me every night and hands me his paychecks every week so I seriously doubt you have ever seen a dime of my money. Sounds to me like you're the jealous one but its OK sweetheart you can keep dreaming and maybe one day when you learn how to keep that funky snatch of yours closed you could have a man all your own.
Rebeccabooty

San Antonio, TX

#144 Dec 17, 2014
oilfield wife wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmmfao at this b*tch. My man knows what he has at home and ain't got no use for no money hungry c*nts like you. He comes home to me every night and hands me his paychecks every week so I seriously doubt you have ever seen a dime of my money. Sounds to me like you're the jealous one but its OK sweetheart you can keep dreaming and maybe one day when you learn how to keep that funky snatch of yours closed you could have a man all your own.
It's alright honey believe what you want, but the majority of these oil field guys love it when I put my nice fat lips around their cock and I ride 'em hard and put 'em away wet! They sure ain't thinking about their wives sugar when I'm doing 'em. Isn't it nice to know when your with your man my juices have been all over him? Think about that next time you have sex with him. Hell if you really want to know just sniff his tool and more than likely you'll smell my sweet juice on him!
No Good

United States

#145 Dec 17, 2014
most of this creeps money goes on paing child support , drugs, hoes and the alchol their hookrd on. The rest is. used to pay bills and take are of a wife back home that is in denial. So not to much is saved up. You girls should expose this men to whatever they got back home. Make him decude if its going to be you or the wife. Most likely he will stay with the wife. Where is he going to find a death and blind women that allows him to bed hop. Hoes ate every where but a stupid wife not to many ledt. This women are waking up and leaving the trash behind for some other pendeja to pick up. Just think what kind of women will leave a Good Honest hard working man. That treats her good and does not Hit or CHEAT ON HER!!!! She left for a reason do some spying ask around his home town about him try Topix....
oilfield wife

Canyon Lake, TX

#146 Dec 18, 2014
Rebeccabooty wrote:
<quoted text>
It's alright honey believe what you want, but the majority of these oil field guys love it when I put my nice fat lips around their cock and I ride 'em hard and put 'em away wet! They sure ain't thinking about their wives sugar when I'm doing 'em. Isn't it nice to know when your with your man my juices have been all over him? Think about that next time you have sex with him. Hell if you really want to know just sniff his tool and more than likely you'll smell my sweet juice on him!
You obviously have attention issues. That's OK cuz I know you ain't got no where near my man and I also know that all the men you are so proud to be sleeping with are the dogs that sleep with anything that spreads their legs and I do mean anything so next time you so proudly put your lips around that cock enjoy the taste of all those crack whores and lot lizzards juices your sucking off. I would go get tested if I were you because half the men you are so proudly sleeping with aren't even married. They say they are because it attracts Homewreckers like you. They got 2 or 3 if you in every town hunny. Enjoy the herpes you are sucking off those cocks you love so much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bandera Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
San Antonio Sucks (Jun '09) 3 hr Thomas 0 Caldwell 2,393
Does ANYONE know the dental assistant at SA End... 8 hr Skye 1
Do not go to St. Phillip's college LVN program ... 8 hr kkk 11
News Early morning thunderstorm slams San Antonio area 8 hr Little Johnny Da ... 14
need good used truck 14 hr What NOT 113
looking for girlfriend for me and my husband (Jun '10) 20 hr Thomas 0 Caldwell 59
20 M San Antonio Bisexual looking 4 fun an i sw... (Mar '11) Sun Thomas 0 Caldwell 13
More from around the web

Bandera People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]