Posted in the Bandera Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“American boy cruising”

Since: Dec 06

Ft Worth Texas

#1 Aug 17, 2007
I'm a 21 year old guy, just need to find a good church. A protestant one that has communion fairly often would be nice
Brian

San Antonio, TX

#2 Sep 15, 2007
coolguy wrote:
I'm a 21 year old guy, just need to find a good church. A protestant one that has communion fairly often would be nice
Try City Christian Fellowship at 13777 Judson Road, this is a small non-denominational church. We have have communion once a month. The Third Sunday each month. The service times are 11:00 a.m. each Sunday.

“I'm hungry.”

Since: Sep 07

San Antonio, TX

#3 Sep 20, 2007
coolguy wrote:
Hmmmm...be more specific. Do you like structure? Contemporary relaxed worship? What do you specifically believe? Do you think children should be Baptized or they should be adults and have the choice?

Kind of hard to answer that question, but I think that you should check out either Aldersgate United Methodist Church which is an older more structured wonderfullt loving congregation or Rolling Oaks Christian Church which has both contemporary and traditional services and is over all relaxed.

What side of town are you on?

“I'm hungry.”

Since: Sep 07

San Antonio, TX

#4 Sep 20, 2007
About communion, Rolling Oaks has communion EVERY Sunday and Aldersgate UMC has communion once a month.
Pam McCormick

San Antonio, TX

#5 Sep 27, 2007
Hi- have you ever visited the "Friendship Church"? It is non-denominational. The church is currently meeting in the cafetorium of Canyon Ridge Elementary School on Stone Oak Blvd., just off Hwy. 218. This church has a vivacious Youth/Singles Group and Sunday School. And Jesus is taught every Sunday. They have Communion once a month. The Pastor, Warren Cook,is an anointed man of God. Bless You..........
Lisa

Lapeer, MI

#6 Sep 29, 2007
Pam McCormick wrote:
Hi- have you ever visited the "Friendship Church"? It is non-denominational. The church is currently meeting in the cafetorium of Canyon Ridge Elementary School on Stone Oak Blvd., just off Hwy. 218. This church has a vivacious Youth/Singles Group and Sunday School. And Jesus is taught every Sunday. They have Communion once a month. The Pastor, Warren Cook,is an anointed man of God. Bless You..........
PASTOR Warren Cook was my first Pastor in Rockford Michigan we just love him and his family
bob

Pendleton, IN

#7 Oct 22, 2007
you need 2 find a good church like were you live and stuff then try 2 find the good church then go to it
Jesus Hungry

AOL

#8 Dec 15, 2007
What are the times of Service of this Friendship Church and is there a phone or email contact?
brandi smith

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#9 Dec 31, 2007
my husband and i were told about friendship church through my parents. We decided to try it, and we loved it the pastor is very obviously the real deal. He is full of Love, The Love, and we were having trouble finding a church that was a good fit for us. we tried it and we felt like we fit right in. The people are friendly and most importantly the love of god is taught and shone,not to mention the style of teaching is simple and pointed. Pastor Cook doesn't try to beat around the bush. He stands up for what is right and I have alot of respect for him because getting the word to the people is the most important thing not pleasing the people. Although the experiance that you will have at this church is a very pleasing and refreshing one. please try you will love it.!!!! We do.

“www.evidencemini stries.org”

Since: Oct 07

San Antonio, TX

#10 Dec 31, 2007
Is there any online info about Friendship church?
Jay Norris

Montrose, CO

#11 Jan 5, 2008
Try Austin Stone Community Church in Austin Texas. It offers solid teaching, great (contemporary) worship and good small groups. It probably has a good college age community.
Mary Jane

New Braunfels, TX

#13 Jan 8, 2008
How stupid of people to make fun of people inquiring about religion. It is sad to read the remarks on this page by iliterate people. Religion is a blessing to any kind of religous person. If you want to make fun of it than stay out of the comments. I don't care if you are Baptist, Christian, Methodist, Catholic, etc. We take our religion seriously and if you don't than like I said stay out of the comments.
DSJ

Fayetteville, TX

#14 Jan 10, 2008
Is the Friendship Church now located on Evans Road, just west of Bulverde Road and adjacent to the Encino Ranch subdivision entrance? The building was a Methodist church, but I noticed new signs stating "Friendship Church." Also, does anyone have the worship service schedule?
Sam

El Paso, TX

#15 Feb 9, 2008
Mary Jane wrote:
How stupid of people to make fun of people inquiring about religion. It is sad to read the remarks on this page by iliterate people. Religion is a blessing to any kind of religous person. If you want to make fun of it than stay out of the comments. I don't care if you are Baptist, Christian, Methodist, Catholic, etc. We take our religion seriously and if you don't than like I said stay out of the comments.
Contrary to what is written above, not all religions are according to the Bible. It does matter what belief one has. There is only one way to eternal life and several religions, especially one you mentioned above, uses Biblical terms, but they adhere to what man tells them rather than what the Bible says.
Sam

El Paso, TX

#16 Feb 9, 2008
Contrary to what is written above, not all religions are according to the Bible. It does matter what belief one has. There is only one way to eternal life and several religions, especially one you mentioned above, uses Biblical terms, but they adhere to what man tells them rather than what the Bible says
Kurt

San Antonio, TX

#17 Mar 16, 2008
I went to Cornerstone Church many years when Warren Cook was the Singles pastor there. I just moved back to San Antonio and I plan to visit his new church. Yes he is the real deal. He had the singles group in his home several times when he was the Singles Pastor at Cornerstone.

Does anyone have a phone number for his church? I was pleasantly surprised to hear him on the air the other day on a Christian AM station here in San Antonio. What times do they meet on Sunday? Also is he going to have a Good Friday service?
KaT

San Antonio, TX

#18 Mar 20, 2008
The Friendship Church on Evans Rd. has posted worship times for Easter Sunday - 0900 and 1100.
Susan

Penrose, CO

#19 May 23, 2008
Friendship Church meets on Sunday mornings at 11am. They are located on Evans Rd. between Hwy 281 & Bulverde Rd. They're on the same side of the street as Tejeda Middle school. This is a great church with awesome worship & singing. The pastors are the best-very friendly & genuine. I've known the pastor's wife/family for about 35 years-since we were very young growing up-and both Julie & Pastor Warren love Jesus & people & they show it in everything they do!! Very friendly congregation too. Kids Church is great too.
Gordo

San Antonio, TX

#20 May 24, 2008
John Calvin Presbyterian
WIndcrest
Didi

San Antonio, TX

#21 Dec 14, 2008
Pam McCormick wrote:
What are the times?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bandera Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stephen Morales, Scam Artist (Feb '14) 1 hr lara 48
why do white women love mexican men (Jul '14) 7 hr Machuca frijoles 93
Where to score drugs 23 hr Eliii 16
Christine (Jun '14) Sat anonymous 309
Cleaning Up Ham Radio in San Antonio (Aug '10) Sat Tranny from Califas 7,235
Hospitals in San Antonio Sat Got out 12
cassidy ratliff Nov '16 MinnieR 4

Bandera Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance