Why are SAPD officers so lazy and rude?

Why are SAPD officers so lazy and rude?

Posted in the Bandera Forum

MLKWalker

United States

#1 Jan 31, 2012
I was involved in a motor vehicle accident on a public roadway, and the SAPD officer that showed did not want to take the accident report. He said it was less than a 1000.00 damage so for us to blue form it. It turned out to be mor than 9000.00 in damages. On top of that he was very rude like we were waisting his time. I think McMannis needs to teach his officers better bedside manors to the public.
Tyler Durdin

San Antonio, TX

#2 Jan 31, 2012
MLKWalker wrote:
I was involved in a motor vehicle accident on a public roadway, and the SAPD officer that showed did not want to take the accident report. He said it was less than a 1000.00 damage so for us to blue form it. It turned out to be mor than 9000.00 in damages. On top of that he was very rude like we were waisting his time. I think McMannis needs to teach his officers better bedside manors to the public.
SAPD Officers are not insurance adjusters. That is up to your insurance company to estimate alledged damages and for your doctor to evluate your supposive injuries. SAPD Officers are doing a great job for unappreciative scofflaws out to make a buck!
Spewing The Hate

San Antonio, TX

#3 Jan 31, 2012
Actually, the State of Texas requires a peace officer's report if the damages (estimated) are above a certain amount. The amount, unfortunately, escapes me.
milk

United States

#4 Feb 1, 2012
Tyler Durdin wrote:
<quoted text>SAPD Officers are not insurance adjusters. That is up to your insurance company to estimate alledged damages and for your doctor to evluate your supposive injuries. SAPD Officers are doing a great job for unappreciative scofflaws out to make a buck!
the DPS form requires a peace office to take the accident report of the damages are over 1000.00. If it is under they can have u do a blue form. But yes u r right they are not adjusters so they should not be making that decision. But a lot of them use that as an excuse to get out of the work and not have to do the form so yes they are lazy.
SA Taxpayer

Boerne, TX

#6 Feb 1, 2012
Sorry but not all SAPD are doing a great job. I wouldn't mind receiving a ticket if I was caught speeding and would have to pay it. I am thankful for traffic officers as most seem to do there jobs. But from all of the patrol officers I have talked to, it seems that they are only officers because they could not do anything else. Only interested in driving around and "making 2 contacts" a week and working overtime for $25 an hour. I just think it is really a waste to have officers that actually do not want to enforce laws.
Just my thoughts.
SA_Native

New Braunfels, TX

#7 Feb 1, 2012
SAPD officers are for the most part decent. The brass is a pawn for city insiders. That is why they hire McManus. My wife had an accident. The car in front of her did not have stop lights. They were stopped at a traffic light, it turns green. The car in front stopped just out of intersection. Wife hit her. Police came, checked car in front for stop light. NONE. Police officer let her drive off no ticket. Wife was acessed that it was 65% her fault by State Farm. The insurance company for car in front. Cops know how much damaged is caused, they are lazy like the one we had when the stop lights didnt matter. OH and let a constable give you a ticket because bexar county does not want to fund the constables office. They are higher than San Antonio
Help

Kerrville, TX

#9 Sep 16, 2013
Ooopssss His number memorized******* lol
Bexar Coonstable Pct5

San Antonio, TX

#10 Sep 18, 2013
Sapd officers would rather be running little old ladies off the road while texting, and killing them, than actually do their jobs.
oilman

United States

#11 Sep 18, 2013
Bexar Coonstable Pct5 wrote:
Sapd officers would rather be running little old ladies off the road while texting, and killing them, than actually do their jobs.
Haha
The_Law

New York, NY

#12 Sep 21, 2013
A seasoned officer makes judgement calls based on experience and training. In any given situation, I'm more likely to trust his judgment over the average person. Rookies on the other hand tend to be idiots on a power trip.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bandera Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cleaning Up Ham Radio in San Antonio (Aug '10) 58 min HEY TOE 6,668
Breeding Update (Jun '15) 4 hr Jim Carey 196
Wife 12 hr Crazyhusb 3
fart fetish (Jan '15) 23 hr fartslave 12
Murdering Mamacita Mon Jesse James 6
LVN program at Career Point College (Jul '12) Mon Retired Air Force RN 40
Anyone see the interview last week with Chris H... Mon My New Alias RULES 5

Bandera Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance