Walgreens and towing experience

Posted in the Bandera Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Perplexed

San Antonio, TX

#1 Jun 25, 2010
Just wanted to warn everyone about the travesty occurring at the Walgreens at Medical and Wurzbach. It appears the Walgreens and Bexar Tow Inc (a questionable towing company in SA) have an un-customer friendly arrangement. My car was towed from the Walgreens parking lot WHILE I WAS SHOPPING IN THE STORE! After paying for my merchandise, I walked out to the parking lot to find that my car was no longer there. I went back inside and asked the manager for help and she responded that my car was probably towed. She explained that they have a tow truck sitting in their parking lot to tow away cars that were parked there too long or to tow away cars that did not belong to Walgreens customers. I hardly think spending 20 min in the store was "too long". I became infuriated and asked the manager again for help, but to no avail...She rudely said I needed to contact the towing company myself and that she had no control over the situation. So instead of helping a once-loyal Walgreens customer, the manager chose to be rude and defensive.

I called Bexar Tow Inc to explain what happened, trying to recover my car and they were of no help either. The lady on the phone (I think her name was Connie) said it was my fault and that it would cost me $265+ to retrieve my car!!! She too became defensive and did not care to hear my story. When I finally found a ride to their impound, I noticed the security system was similar to that of a prison! There were cameras aiming at every angle of the property and the windows of the building were all blackened so that visitors cannot see the interior of the building. In addition, the tow company attendant spoke to me via an intercom through what appeared to be a bullet-proof booth. Only focusing on retrieving my car, I decided to go pay the ransom. The attendant demanded the fee be paid in cash vs debit card only even though they had a large (5 ft by 5 ft ) sign stating that by TX law, they are required to accept "credit card, electronic checks, cash or debit cards". Needless to say I DID NOT have $265 in cash on hand nor did I have my debit card so I had to go to an ATM. When asked why they don't accept credit cards and checks eventhough their oversized sign stated otherwise, the attendant simply responded that the sign was old. Yet another questionable response! Ironically, there were two other people there to retrieve their towed cars while I left. In addition, I noticed another tow truck dragging in another car into the impound; there were already 75 cars parked in their lot at the time.

Needless to say, I'm furious with the lack of customer service and pure absurdity of the situation involving Walgreens and Bexar Tow. I'm looking into taking legal action so if anyone can offer a recommendation for a good attorney, I'd really appreciate it! Of note, I performed a Google search on Bexar Tow and was absolutely astonished about the complaints against this company!

In short, just beware when you visit that particular Walgreens! Neither my family, friends, nor I will EVER return to that store.
Uncle Ruckus

New Braunfels, TX

#2 Jun 25, 2010
Perplexed wrote:
Just wanted to warn everyone about the travesty occurring at the Walgreens at Medical and Wurzbach. It appears the Walgreens and Bexar Tow Inc (a questionable towing company in SA) have an un-customer friendly arrangement. My car was towed from the Walgreens parking lot WHILE I WAS SHOPPING IN THE STORE! After paying for my merchandise, I walked out to the parking lot to find that my car was no longer there. I went back inside and asked the manager for help and she responded that my car was probably towed. She explained that they have a tow truck sitting in their parking lot to tow away cars that were parked there too long or to tow away cars that did not belong to Walgreens customers. I hardly think spending 20 min in the store was "too long". I became infuriated and asked the manager again for help, but to no avail...She rudely said I needed to contact the towing company myself and that she had no control over the situation. So instead of helping a once-loyal Walgreens customer, the manager chose to be rude and defensive.
I called Bexar Tow Inc to explain what happened, trying to recover my car and they were of no help either. The lady on the phone (I think her name was Connie) said it was my fault and that it would cost me $265+ to retrieve my car!!! She too became defensive and did not care to hear my story. When I finally found a ride to their impound, I noticed the security system was similar to that of a prison! There were cameras aiming at every angle of the property and the windows of the building were all blackened so that visitors cannot see the interior of the building. In addition, the tow company attendant spoke to me via an intercom through what appeared to be a bullet-proof booth. Only focusing on retrieving my car, I decided to go pay the ransom. The attendant demanded the fee be paid in cash vs debit card only even though they had a large (5 ft by 5 ft ) sign stating that by TX law, they are required to accept "credit card, electronic checks, cash or debit cards". Needless to say I DID NOT have $265 in cash on hand nor did I have my debit card so I had to go to an ATM. When asked why they don't accept credit cards and checks eventhough their oversized sign stated otherwise, the attendant simply responded that the sign was old. Yet another questionable response! Ironically, there were two other people there to retrieve their towed cars while I left. In addition, I noticed another tow truck dragging in another car into the impound; there were already 75 cars parked in their lot at the time.
Needless to say, I'm furious with the lack of customer service and pure absurdity of the situation involving Walgreens and Bexar Tow. I'm looking into taking legal action so if anyone can offer a recommendation for a good attorney, I'd really appreciate it! Of note, I performed a Google search on Bexar Tow and was absolutely astonished about the complaints against this company!
In short, just beware when you visit that particular Walgreens! Neither my family, friends, nor I will EVER return to that store.
Serves you right to have your vehicle towed! I'm tired of having to wait for a parking space because inconsiderate people take their sweet ass time shopping in the store. I have places to be and things to do. I don't have time to wait for a hogged up space taken by some inconsiderate buffoon. I hope you learned your lesson and will think twice before being greedy with your parking space...
Perplexed

San Antonio, TX

#3 Jun 25, 2010
Are you kidding me??? 20 min is hardly spending too much time in a store; it took 10 minutes for the cashier to figure out the right price for the items purchased! Besides, the 50 parking space lot only had 5 cars parked! What crawled up your pants and died???
Anonymous

San Antonio, TX

#4 Jun 25, 2010
Uncle Ruckus wrote:
<quoted text> Serves you right to have your vehicle towed! I'm tired of having to wait for a parking space because inconsiderate people take their sweet ass time shopping in the store. I have places to be and things to do. I don't have time to wait for a hogged up space taken by some inconsiderate buffoon. I hope you learned your lesson and will think twice before being greedy with your parking space...
Do you live in cibolo?
Boot strap bill

Houston, TX

#5 Jun 27, 2010
WOW what a sorry store ill tell you what lot of companys are starting to suck in this town look at the one with airgas southwest sa they are trying to shit on 80 year old people you know i think its time to start a new type of police force to go after company like this and what happen to you ..just think how much money you will be out after paying the a-hole towing co and then to get an attorney, that sucks. Sorry to hear that, best of luck to you.
Perplexed

San Antonio, TX

#6 Jun 27, 2010
I'm still furious about this whole situation! Has this crap ever happened to anyone else or did I just run into some bad luck???

I'm not taking legal action to get rich--I just want to show these lowly companies that they can't break the law and punish innocent consumers!

I still wonder how much of a cut from Bexar Tow does Walgreens get for each towed vehicle? Just drove by this afternoon and witnessed another car getting towed from the same lot!
Biggie Smalls

Lytle, TX

#8 Jun 28, 2010
Perplexed, tell the truth. You parked at walgreens and then went off site to another location for whatever reason. You walked back and found your vehicle gone. The tow truck driver watched you walk off site then took your vehicle.

You may have come back noticed your car missing then went in to buy something to play it off like you were a customer but we all know what really happened.
Uncle Ruckus

New Braunfels, TX

#9 Jun 28, 2010
Very well said Biggie! Thats probibly what happened to this low life who wants to make Walgreens look bad because of something they did! Perplexed you are a real dumbass!
ladywolf

San Antonio, TX

#10 Jun 28, 2010
Uncle Ruckus wrote:
<quoted text> I know it was'nt you! I did'nt feel your lips on my love muscle...I see your still cruising the Walgreen parking lot, I guess you hav'nt learned your lesson about being a parking space hog! I hope they tow your car again for being so inconsiderate.
hey auntie ruckus i think your little queer buddy is looking for you on another site.you go girl hang em high.
Uncle Ruckus

New Braunfels, TX

#11 Jun 28, 2010
ladywolf wrote:
<quoted text>hey auntie ruckus i think your little queer buddy is looking for you on another site.you go girl hang em high.
You must be talking about your queer buddy "Shadow". I hear he gives away his brown hole like you for a quarter...
ladywolf

San Antonio, TX

#12 Jun 28, 2010
hey thats 24cents more than you
Woo Fat

New Braunfels, TX

#13 Jun 29, 2010
ladywolf wrote:
hey thats 24cents more than you
You sound like you han'nt been laid in a year! Give the meat substitute a rest and go for a real man to make you holler!
Likker

United States

#14 Sep 12, 2010
Woo Fat wrote:
<quoted text> You sound like you han'nt been laid in a year! Give the meat substitute a rest and go for a real man to make you holler!
Ladywolf at least has the balls to admit he gives it up for a quarter. He is on another forum begging everyone to get off of Shadow's a**, I bet they are such good friends that no pennies change hands between them, just body fluids. ladywolf = bitch = gay code for man on the bottom A real man wouldn't touch lady wolf with a 10 foot pole, lady wolf would probably fantasizes about it though
Get a life

El Paso, TX

#15 Oct 10, 2010
Those who post attacking others bad experiences is freaking asinine. I have no reason to disbelieve perplexed's story.
Bexar Towing did a similar thing to my son's vehicle. Very unprofessional behavior and fraudelent business practices.
Needless to say some cretin will blast me and question me personally. But someone has to speak up about these shady business practices.

Since: Oct 10

San Antonio, TX

#16 Oct 10, 2010
Would it help to show your Walgreens receipt that should be time stamped, call the police and report your car as stolen? If you are doing business there and can prove it against the time stamp records of the towing company you might have a case.
Uncle Ruckus

New Braunfels, TX

#17 Oct 12, 2010
Get a life wrote:
Those who post attacking others bad experiences is freaking asinine. I have no reason to disbelieve perplexed's story.
Bexar Towing did a similar thing to my son's vehicle. Very unprofessional behavior and fraudelent business practices.
Needless to say some cretin will blast me and question me personally. But someone has to speak up about these shady business practices.
Well, maybe your son should not have wandered off property and come back later expecting to find his car still there. Its for Walgreens customers only! I guess he was asleep in class when they taught that in school. Bexar Towing knows the scams these scofflaws pull and are alert to tow them off immediately after the infraction is committed.
Uncle Ruckus

New Braunfels, TX

#18 Oct 12, 2010
Likker wrote:
<quoted text>
Ladywolf at least has the balls to admit he gives it up for a quarter. He is on another forum begging everyone to get off of Shadow's a**, I bet they are such good friends that no pennies change hands between them, just body fluids. ladywolf = bitch = gay code for man on the bottom A real man wouldn't touch lady wolf with a 10 foot pole, lady wolf would probably fantasizes about it though
I tell you that Ladywolf is slicker than snot on a glass door knob! When her and Shadow get together, they cause more noise than two skeletons screwing on a tin roof, using a tin can for a rubber...
Avenger

Houston, TX

#19 Jan 7, 2011
Looks like the Tx OAG has opened an investigation in Bexar Towing scams. Not that those fine folks would ever do anything un-ethical right?
Tow matters

San Antonio, TX

#20 Mar 6, 2011
The simple fact is, that the ownership of this towing company goes to great lengths to find ways of circumventing the state rules. It is adamn shame too, because they are making all the other reputable towing companies look bad aswell. Not to worry folks cause TDLR is also investigatig them and has the right to take away or suspend their
License, couldn't happen to a more deserving company. Please report any problems you encounter with them to TDLR.
Tow matters

San Antonio, TX

#21 Mar 6, 2011
Uncle Ruckus wrote:
<quoted text> I tell you that Ladywolf is slicker than snot on a glass door knob! When her and Shadow get together, they cause more noise than two skeletons screwing on a tin roof, using a tin can for a rubber...
My question to uncle Rukus is, how long have you been working for Bexar towing? Putz!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bandera Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hub City Room by Ron Burke 3 hr Revo 11
CRACKER explains LoneStar (Aug '14) 4 hr Cracker 16
Cleaning Up Ham Radio in San Antonio (Aug '10) 6 hr Texas tornado 5,184
question for all the ladies 10 hr a guy 6
Bandera Police/Marshal's office (May '13) Sun Balldfg 7
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Sat Fartman 904
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jul 1 Farters 742
More from around the web

Bandera People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Bandera Mortgages