Ebay Exodus: Why Are Thousands of Sel...

Ebay Exodus: Why Are Thousands of Sellers Leaving Ebay?

Posted in the Bandera Forum

WebSales

United States

#1 Jun 1, 2013
A look at blogs on Twitter and on various ecommerce news sites- as well as the ebay Discussion Board threads thmeselves- reveal unhappy, dissatisfied sellers leaving ebay because of a number of bad ebay policies that adversely impact their sales. As this seller departure gains momentum, it could snowball into a mass exodus...
big 210

Odessa, TX

#2 Jun 1, 2013
Maybe
NetSeller

United States

#3 Jun 1, 2013
I had enough problems from ebay over the past couple of years that I left there and started listing items on Bonanza and eBid.
FormerEbayer

United States

#4 Jun 9, 2013
There's a new blog on WordPress about all of this. Here's the link: ebayhorrorstories.wordpress.com
OnlineWatch

United States

#5 Jun 17, 2013
Ina Steiner at ecommercebytes.com has written a lot of good articles on ebay problems.
FormerEbayMom

United States

#6 Jun 20, 2013
I got so frustrated with ebay that I've gone back to consignment shops and yard sales. When I have a yard sale I let the kiddos help out with it.
frankster

San Antonio, TX

#8 Jun 27, 2013
they charge you like 9-10% on purchase and shipping cost, then theres the paypal 3% fee. Try selling a drumset (like i did) and you lose a shit ton of money.
Ecommerce

United States

#9 Jun 27, 2013
frankster wrote:
they charge you like 9-10% on purchase and shipping cost, then theres the paypal 3% fee. Try selling a drumset (like i did) and you lose a shit ton of money.
Through a series of bad policies that were put into place at ebay, they are effectively eliminating the small sellers. This effort to squeeze out the "little guy" is BY DESIGN. Donahoe has even said as much, calling the moms & pops "noise" in one of his speeches.
Ecommerce

Houston, TX

#10 Jun 29, 2013
Most of ebay's revenues each quarter is no longer off of the auctions, those are being phased out slowly.
Ecommerce

United States

#11 Jul 1, 2013
Each year since 2008 has gotten steadily worse at ebay for small sellers, and thousands have left already as a result (and more are leaving ebay daily).
ConcernedMom

United States

#12 Jul 19, 2013
My biggest concern is all the sexually explicit adult material available on ebay. I don't allow my kids on there anymore.
NetWatch

United States

#13 Jul 31, 2013
Nordstrom's is backing Etsy now, so the competition with ebay is starting to heat up.
WebSales

Paris, TX

#14 Aug 15, 2013
The latest 15,000 sellers to leave ebay did't so so by choice. Last week, in their latest "purge", ebay blocked 15,000 sellers from listing, restricting, suspending or outright banning them from ebay. Suzanne Wells broke the story at www.examiner.com and Ina Steiner did a follow-up article called Ebay Confirms Crackdown at EcommerceBytes.com
Analyst

United States

#17 Nov 29, 2013
Situation at ebay growing worse daily for small sellers.
joker

United States

#18 Nov 30, 2013
if drugs were legal you could sell kilos of coke or pounds of weed and they would make lots of money. there was someone who did try to sell a kilo of cocaine on her years ago.
OnlineSeller

United States

#19 Dec 1, 2013
joker wrote:
if drugs were legal you could sell kilos of coke or pounds of weed and they would make lots of money. there was someone who did try to sell a kilo of cocaine on her years ago.
One seller called "Charlie" was recently banned for selling papers and "paraphernalia" but was reinstated by ebay (you can Google the story, Ina Steiner did a good article about it on EcommerceBytes.com )...
NetWatch

United States

#23 Sep 16, 2014
Come join the Facebook group Former Ebay Sellers and learn what is going on at eBay: https://www.facebook.com/groups/formerebaysel...
Ashley Jones

Riparius, NY

#24 Sep 17, 2014
My husband Bill and I quit selling or buying on ebay too when they let a buyer lie about not receiving the snowmobile helmet we shipped him, which he signed for on delivery and the post office can verify he received it. A snowmobile helmet in a box is pretty hard to misplace, lol. But ebay let him keep the item he said he never received, get a refund, leave us negative feedback, leave us low star ratings, threaten us three times by ebay's email system, and get us suspended permanently for just doing our normal job of good customer service. We were with ebay since they started, had 100 percent positive feedback, and had a positive feedback score of 9,251 before they let the scam buyer destroy our account. Ebay wouldn't even let us present proof, and when we called them, they put foreigners on the phone who couldn't speak english and read a script, who hung up on us each time we asked to speak to a supervisor that spoke english. All those years of doing an honest living, all for nothing.
Darrel Rogers

Roslyn Heights, NY

#27 Nov 15, 2014
They are leaving because eBay suspends users for dumb reasons: http://auctionessistance.com/54000-ebay-accou...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bandera Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once you go Black Youll become a single mom? (Nov '12) 10 min White trash Mike 77
Snapchat Me (Oct '13) 11 min I heard 32
BREAKING NEWS: White trash CRACKERS becoming ex... (Jul '15) 13 min I heard 31
Why is San Antonio so racist (Aug '11) 2 hr Joker 90
KInFolk MC 1%er Texas (Mar '17) 2 hr Joker 43
Better business bureau pay for play organization 2 hr Joker 12
Cleaning Up Ham Radio in San Antonio (Aug '10) 2 hr Joker 8,739

Bandera Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bandera Mortgages