Is SA Airport Fair with SA Taxi Drive...

Is SA Airport Fair with SA Taxi Drivers?

Posted in the Bandera Forum

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#1 May 11, 2010
I would say no and this is why. First, taxi signage inside the Airport is very bad, while the Airport shuttle has booths inside both terminals to solicits customers. Second, the Airport has personal overseeing and interfering with taxi customers, while the Airport Shuttle have no over site just inside booths to work he customers. You would think that shuttle prices would be much better for customers, right? Wrong! Total taxi fare downtown is $21 to $25 and up to 6 passengers may share in a van. Airport Shuttle $18 per person or $108 for 6 persons.$21 to $25 taxi vs $108 airport shuttle why is the Airport favoring the Airport Shuttle at the expense of customers?

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#2 May 11, 2010
Fees to Airport. Taxis pay over $400,000 to Airport. Airport Shuttle was $89,000 in arrears on their Airport Fees and still get preferential treatment. Question, have they paid their $89,000 is arrears? They promise the City Council to pay the arreas?
taxi ken

United States

#3 May 11, 2010
Your right all the way yellowsataxi. The red shirts at the Airport are always interfering with our customers. The shuttle has big time advantage inside the terminals.
Delko Wolffe

New Braunfels, TX

#5 May 11, 2010
Mike Hunt wrote:
They ought to just let AAA Cab Company take over the Airport contract. They are very professional and can even offer lock out services to clients who lock themselfs out of their car at the airport parking lot.
I agree, AAA Cab should take over the contract.
Allen Morgan

United States

#6 May 12, 2010
To add insult to injury I understand that the Airport administration has allowed the Airport Shuttle to install a large sign over the middle door at terminal 1 in addition to the ticket booth they already have inside the terminals. How long will the City Manager and City Council allow these conniving scoundrels to continue scheming against the public and the Taxi Industry. Taxis Driver offer better prices but they are outside out of site with limited taxi signage inside the terminals. The Airport Taxi Industry pays over $400,000 per year to Airport for this treatment!

Austin, TX

#7 Mar 16, 2011
Taxi better the shuttle:

Right now shuttle charge to downtown $18 per person to downtown 1 person $18, 2 person $36, 3 persons $54, 4 persons $72, 5 persons $ 90, 6 persons $108. The same group any size 1 to 6 persons can take a 6 passenger taxicab to downtown for only $23 to $25 total price. Taxicab are a better value, hands down. we charge per cab load not per person!!!

San Antonio, TX

#8 Apr 3, 2013
Then we have the third world conditions the airport has as a holding lot for the cabdrivers. It is call the 605 Lot, has picnic tables, two aluminum domes and a highway overpass to cover the waiting cabdrivers from the sum. We have no indoor facilities to protect us during hot or cold days. The taxi industry pays over $400,000 direct to the airport every year. An additional 500,000 per year is paid by the taxi industry to the city's downtown office.
Merle Dixon

San Antonio, TX

#9 Apr 4, 2013
I heard they are going to install a port a potty for the cab drivers and a cheese block to go with the cab drivers whine...
A-1 driver

San Antonio, TX

#10 Apr 5, 2013
To the whining airport drivers who believe they are entitled to preferential treatment at the airport:
1) San Antonio's accommodations for taxi drivers are at least as good, mostly better, than other major cities.
2) Airport officials are always open to feedback from drivers, including them on the Airport Transportation Board, as well as holding occasional open meetings for drivers.
3) Improvements have been made in recent years for taxi signage as well as moving the pickup line right outside the door so prospective passengers can easily find them.
4) Signage clearly states the taxi rates and the shuttle rates so passengers can decide.
5) No one is holding a gun to the taxi drivers to stage at the airport. There is a whole city to serve.
Merle Dixon

San Antonio, TX

#11 Jun 14, 2013
I just have my ruca pick me up and take me home.

United States

#12 Jun 14, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bandera Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to the cops who shot the man with... 2 hr Insider 2
Breeding Update 6 hr I Smack Beaners 40
adopt baby (Dec '12) 16 hr rona 133
Cleaning Up Ham Radio in San Antonio (Aug '10) 19 hr Slender man 5,416
Support Your Local Bandidos Mc (Oct '10) 20 hr jim waligora 159
News El Paso abortion clinic reopens amid Texas cour... Mon huey goins 18
Typical White Trash Behavior Mon Mommie Dearest 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bandera Mortgages