Editorial: Bandera County actions req...

Editorial: Bandera County actions require public scrutiny

There are 78 comments on the MySanAntonio.com story from Apr 12, 2008, titled Editorial: Bandera County actions require public scrutiny. In it, MySanAntonio.com reports that:

Open government is crucial to the operation and efficiency of good government. Recent actions by the Bandera County commissioners raise questions regarding how open they are about their activities. via MySanAntonio.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MySanAntonio.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
brenda

Devine, TX

#62 May 11, 2010
jesse ray moore was 11 years old at the time he was prosecuted by kerry snieder. it was his first offence,he was given 15 years.originally kerry tried 40 years,kerry knew charges were false against jesse because the real molester was a close family friend ,she prosecuted an 11 year old anyway. jesse was never given his miranda rights.mcmillan who was sheriff at the time knew my nephew was innocent,how? well jesses step father is mcmillans very close cousin whom mcmillan9427 and snieder ate dinner with at times at the odem ranch. mcmillan conducted jesses interogation , he also told my sister jennifer briggs she wasnt needed there, when she showed anyway to be with her son mcmillan got mad and refused to allow her to be in the room with jesse. my nephew was given richard trevino as his public defender ,we all know he only defends his right to drink .this boy had no chance, he is 20 now,my niece was 7 at the time and is 16 now.jesse still wakes up in a cell everyday and his sister who loves him and doing every thing possible to help bring him home suffers also,she fells if she hadnt told on her step molester to her mom in wich there were 2 witnesses ,adults, that her brother would not be there ,its true ,its sickening because she was forced to blame her brother in the end ,even now she is ignored by people she is told to trust. COWARDS!!! they got away with it because bandera turned thier heads ! these were little kids who did nothing to no one! just tried to survive the abuse every day they only had each other to cry to ,and u dirty filthy cowards took what they had of a shitty life and made it worse,to save a known child molester .well kerry its coming back to haunt u , jesse didnt die and heather grew up .
brenda

Devine, TX

#63 May 11, 2010
can someone tell me how to find roger sullivan ,who is he ,would like to speak to him.
brenda

Devine, TX

#64 May 12, 2010
unbeleivable , i went on this site looking for help ,my nephews life is in jepardy everday, i honestly believed i would get more of a response than i have considering the content of this thread. shadow is the only one that has offered me a positive responce ,thank you shadow i am grateful.but cannot find this vic guy have tried,have tried to find a listing also for mr sullivan in the area no luck. i now know why bandera gets away with coruption ,because people turn thier heads,well i cant ,i have been fighting for these poor kids alone ,when are people going to stand up? a magic wand does not exsist .THEY WERE 7 AND 11 YEARS OLD ! THEY NEED YOUR HELP , PEOPLE KNOW THE TRUTH .
ur turn now

San Antonio, TX

#66 Aug 10, 2010
I agree with Brenda public does need to scrutinize the county corruption and help with any external investigations against the county. Boss hog needs to go to jail.
brenda

Devine, TX

#67 Oct 1, 2010
i know there are ex deputies from 2001 when jesse was charged that know the truth and there are a few still working in that office ,DO THE RIGHT THING PLEASE. these are kids that never hurt anyone and have suffered for fighting back to protect each other and still today are paying for it.
concerned

United States

#68 Jan 6, 2011
brenda wrote:
jesse ray moore was 11 years old at the time he was prosecuted by kerry snieder. it was his first offence,he was given 15 years.originally kerry tried 40 years,kerry knew charges were false against jesse because the real molester was a close family friend ,she prosecuted an 11 year old anyway. jesse was never given his miranda rights.mcmillan who was sheriff at the time knew my nephew was innocent,how? well jesses step father is mcmillans very close cousin whom mcmillan9427 and snieder ate dinner with at times at the odem ranch. mcmillan conducted jesses interogation , he also told my sister jennifer briggs she wasnt needed there, when she showed anyway to be with her son mcmillan got mad and refused to allow her to be in the room with jesse. my nephew was given richard trevino as his public defender ,we all know he only defends his right to drink .this boy had no chance, he is 20 now,my niece was 7 at the time and is 16 now.jesse still wakes up in a cell everyday and his sister who loves him and doing every thing possible to help bring him home suffers also,she fells if she hadnt told on her step molester to her mom in wich there were 2 witnesses ,adults, that her brother would not be there ,its true ,its sickening because she was forced to blame her brother in the end ,even now she is ignored by people she is told to trust. COWARDS!!! they got away with it because bandera turned thier heads ! these were little kids who did nothing to no one! just tried to survive the abuse every day they only had each other to cry to ,and u dirty filthy cowards took what they had of a shitty life and made it worse,to save a known child molester .well kerry its coming back to haunt u , jesse didnt die and heather grew up .
Have you heard any news regaurding your nephew? I have been following the threds and think about your famil often!
brenda

Devine, TX

#70 Jan 6, 2011
Thank you sooo much ! there is much going on at this time ,finally. I cant say much except that we are hanging tough and backing off is not even considered . jesse is trying his best to hang in there too so is sister,she is the one keeping him from breaking down .Jesse just wants to come home and be with his family and people that love him and knew him well,there are many.
hereforyears

Houston, TX

#71 Jan 6, 2011
brenda wrote:
unbeleivable , i went on this site looking for help ,my nephews life is in jepardy everday, i honestly believed i would get more of a response than i have considering the content of this thread. shadow is the only one that has offered me a positive responce ,thank you shadow i am grateful.but cannot find this vic guy have tried,have tried to find a listing also for mr sullivan in the area no luck. i now know why bandera gets away with coruption ,because people turn thier heads,well i cant ,i have been fighting for these poor kids alone ,when are people going to stand up? a magic wand does not exsist .THEY WERE 7 AND 11 YEARS OLD ! THEY NEED YOUR HELP , PEOPLE KNOW THE TRUTH .
Brenda, I just want you to know that you are not alone. I can understand why you would feel that way though. I live in Bandera. Ive personally sufferred greatly at the hands of the Bandera Police Department, in ways I cannot express through this thread. However, I will say that I will never, ever be the same. It is a terrifying nightmare that will not stop and the answers are in the desk of one of our local officers. You are right, those who stoop to the levels like the ones who are to protect us here in bandera have, they are evil monsters. It is difficult to suffer like you do, knowing those who could have helped you then are still going on with their lives, everyday. They are not reminded of loss, everyday. I truly am sorry for the circumstances you and your family have sufferred. Just wanted ya to know you arent alone, even when it seems like it.
brenda

Devine, TX

#72 Jan 12, 2011
hereforyears wrote:
<quoted text>
Brenda, I just want you to know that you are not alone. I can understand why you would feel that way though. I live in Bandera. Ive personally sufferred greatly at the hands of the Bandera Police Department, in ways I cannot express through this thread. However, I will say that I will never, ever be the same. It is a terrifying nightmare that will not stop and the answers are in the desk of one of our local officers. You are right, those who stoop to the levels like the ones who are to protect us here in bandera have, they are evil monsters. It is difficult to suffer like you do, knowing those who could have helped you then are still going on with their lives, everyday. They are not reminded of loss, everyday. I truly am sorry for the circumstances you and your family have sufferred. Just wanted ya to know you arent alone, even when it seems like it.
wow,i am sorry i missed your post! i try not to get on here as often as i use to because it is hard for me to keep from telling all the truth ,and right now i cant say much .things are moving slow but at least theyre moving . when all is said and done i pray laws will be changed for all the children against pedifiles ,they CANNOT be reformed and should not be living in our family comunities ,under any circumstance . 2 strikes and youre out!!!! no parole no life no chances.thank you for youre sypathy ,its welcomed .i am so very sorry you were treated so badly i very much feel for you .it is a sad shame we cannot go to our law enforcement for help ,even more shameful when they turn thier back on children ,some who have no voice.they will all remember jesse ray moore,and live with what they did to him the rest of thier lives .if there is a way i can help you i would be happy to ,i am not hard to find or get a message to ,and everyone knows how to find my mother .jus let me know.god bless you .
brenda

Devine, TX

#73 Jan 12, 2011
you can find me through [email protected] .just leave a message for me ok .
ladywolf

United States

#74 Jan 13, 2011
here for years.your not alone either. contact me at the address Brenda left. lets talk off the forum.Dont give up
brenda

Devine, TX

#75 Jan 14, 2011
damn this makes me mad ,i cant understand why bandera law enforcement doesnt take this kinda thing more serious ! pedifiles have more rights than thier victims .
brenda

Devine, TX

#76 Feb 25, 2011
DONTWANTTOSAY wrote:
FROM SOMEONE WHO LIVED IN BANDERA GOD ONLY KNOW THAT IS THE TRUTH EVERYONE FROM THE POLICE TO THE JUDGE THEY DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE WANTS WHAT EVER THEY WANT THEY DO GUILTY OR NOT YOU ARE GUILTY THEY DO WHAT THEY WANT AND DONT REALLY CARE IF THE PISS OFF THE GOVERMENT OR THE PEOPLE THAT PUT THEM THERE, MAYBE SOMEDAY SOMEONE WILL STAND UP TO THEM AND PUT THEM IN THERE PLACE WAKE UP SOMEONE NEED TO INVESTAGATE THIS COUNTY COP COUNTY ATTORNEY AND THE JUDGES THEY ARE ALL CORRUPT!!!!!!!!!!
how sad that it will be young kids standing up ,how funny the unjust never thought it could happen and may the lord above give the kids what they deserve .
brenda

Devine, TX

#77 Mar 31, 2011
Finally the wheels of justice have turned for all the children that micheal odom has hurt!!! thank god for our hero Seargent Barreto!!!!! The only one who had the balls to go after this sicko when everyone else turned away ,this proves there is a man of the law who is there to serve and protect our kids .broad cast was on channel 5 news .I am very proud and Grateful to the young lady that came forward ,she is so very brave ,i know this was very hard for her ,very hard but in the end i pray she knows in her heart she did the right thing and is proud of herself no mater what others say . She gave the children a voice .
Unbelievable

San Antonio, TX

#82 Mar 31, 2011
brenda wrote:
Finally the wheels of justice have turned for all the children that micheal odom has hurt!!! thank god for our hero Seargent Barreto!!!!! The only one who had the balls to go after this sicko when everyone else turned away ,this proves there is a man of the law who is there to serve and protect our kids .broad cast was on channel 5 news .I am very proud and Grateful to the young lady that came forward ,she is so very brave ,i know this was very hard for her ,very hard but in the end i pray she knows in her heart she did the right thing and is proud of herself no mater what others say . She gave the children a voice .
It was also on channel 29 news!!!! AWESOME!!! I hope they hang him from the tallest tree by the shortest rope!!! Congrats!! After reading your story on here, I know you have worked hard for several years for justice!!! I hope it continues and you can get justice for your nephew!!! God Bless!!!
brenda

Devine, TX

#83 Apr 1, 2011
THANK YOU!! we have a date with the courier today ,hahaha GOD BLESS YOU TOO .
brenda

Devine, TX

#84 Apr 3, 2011
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are right you won't need luck only a desire to set it straight.
dont know where you are shadow ,but i want you to know i am thankful for your friendship ,honesty and encouragement . THANK YOU SO MUCH MY FRIEND !
Neme

San Antonio, TX

#87 Jul 22, 2013
Just wanted to say thank you for posting where to file complains and request investigation outside and above Bandera's not so finest.

Someone I know is in need of such information. Her case involves the Fruits of a Poisonous Tree acquired from a warrentless search and consent AT GUN POINT (which as we both know is NOT really consent). Out of respect for my friend, I will stop here (she has expressed concerns with upsetting the Powers that be in Bandera - I think she believes they will get mad at her if she blows the whistle.)

Nevertheless, I feel my friend needs to ask for an outside investigation on her case. Because using evidence obtained illegally is not suppose to be allowed according to the both US and Texas Constitutions as well as Texas Statues. The reason for such a law is keep the good guys honest, to make sure the cop are playing the same rules they are enforcing. When officers of the law start working above the law - everyone should be concerned.

Thanks again for posting the information - I will pass it along.

Neme

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bandera Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Not Shocked... 1 hr Yeah 8
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 2 hr Farting 945
More Disgusting Beaners 5 hr The Donald 3
Melina P Rodriguez 12 hr Rebecca 2
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 12 hr Farting 766
Cleaning Up Ham Radio in San Antonio (Aug '10) 14 hr Gary Sheets 5,265
Beware of Bridlegate Ranch (Jun '10) Jul 27 Hank 145
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bandera Mortgages