Editorial: Bandera County actions require public scrutiny

Apr 12, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: MySanAntonio.com

Open government is crucial to the operation and efficiency of good government. Recent actions by the Bandera County commissioners raise questions regarding how open they are about their activities. via MySanAntonio.com

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of78
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
roger

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2008

Only someone new to Bandera County would be suprised Judge Richard Evans took unilateral action against the Attorney General.
Just look at FEMA grants, road and bridge buildings, jail juasice center not to mention deceptive tax figures for a recent bond. Believe me that judge and his commissioners could care less what the law requires. One commissioner, Mr. Harris feels what is going on there is wrong and he voted against it. The vote came weeks after Evans took it upon himself to spend at least ten thousand dollars of taxpayers money with no discussion in an open court as Texas law requires. Bantucky Texas
DONTWANTTOSAY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2008

FROM SOMEONE WHO LIVED IN BANDERA GOD ONLY KNOW THAT IS THE TRUTH EVERYONE FROM THE POLICE TO THE JUDGE THEY DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE WANTS WHAT EVER THEY WANT THEY DO GUILTY OR NOT YOU ARE GUILTY THEY DO WHAT THEY WANT AND DONT REALLY CARE IF THE PISS OFF THE GOVERMENT OR THE PEOPLE THAT PUT THEM THERE, MAYBE SOMEDAY SOMEONE WILL STAND UP TO THEM AND PUT THEM IN THERE PLACE WAKE UP SOMEONE NEED TO INVESTAGATE THIS COUNTY COP COUNTY ATTORNEY AND THE JUDGES THEY ARE ALL CORRUPT!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Apr 08

Bandera

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

Sounds to me like you did something illegal and got caught. That doesn't ake the judges and cops corrupt, that just means that they do their job!
Roger Sullivan

Fredericksburg, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

Prior post sounds like "Bandera parent" just might be related to the judge or employeed by the county. Just because you are arrested , held in jail, made to appear in the judge's dog and pony show means nothing. They think they can just throw out the charges and all is well. Sometimes they get sued and a whole lot of the time they loose. "Bandera parent" just go ask the County Judge Richard Arlen Evans how many suits are on going and how much have the citizens been made to pay for because of county officials screw ups. If you got caught in their kangaroo court system you would think differently.

Since: Apr 08

Bandera

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

Actually my daughter did get into a little trouble a couple of years ago for trespassing. She went to Judge Evans, paid her monies, and did her probation. Its done and she paid the price. She has gotten past it so why cant you? We are not related to the judge or any county employee so guess again.!! Not everyone is crooked, maybe you cant look away from your mirror long enough to see that some people are honest. The judge follows the law and the attorneys advice, how is that corrupt?
Roger Sullivan

Fredericksburg, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

Judged:

Study the workings of the Bandera court system before commenting. I know many people are honest, i never said they weren't. What mirror are you talking about. I said the Judge and County Attorney are way less than desirable. The Judge does not always follow the law, just look at over ten thousand dollars he spent for us to sue the attorney general because he wants to hide the investigation into a wrongful firing at the Sheriff's Office. An Open meetings violation occurred because he acted on his own without a meeting of the Commissioner's Court as required by law. A twenty some year employee was fired the day Weldon Tucker was sworn in along with two other women working there. Before you start making excuses for that let me tell you the county settled with this woman to keep it out of court and they settled with taxpayer money unlike you paying for your daughter's problem.
I made refernce to people arrested that did not do anything wrong as evidenced by dropping the charges. Your daughter was convicted of a crime she evidentally did not something she could prove she did not do. Thats a whole different story.
New Story

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

Rogge v. Kerry H. Schneider, et al.; Filed: June 5, 2007, United States District Court; Western District of Texas - San Antonio Division. Case No.: SA-07-CV-00996-OLG-JWP. The case continues today now 14 months later. Apparently Ms. Schneider has private clients as well as works as the Bandera County attorney and when needed she helps those private clients break the law and take property that would not legally be theirs to take. Like when Kerry Schneider helped the members of the Bandera Falls Subdivision homeowner's association, her private clients, take possession of the water utility at Bandera Falls Subdivision from the rightful and legal owners and delivered it to them all without a single court hearing. The big question is why haven't the local papers picked up this story, especially when the attorneys representing Ms. Schneider is none other than George E. Hyde, Esq. from Denton, Navarro, Rocha & Bernal also representing Bandera County on other public issues? Public information requests are cheap compared to 14 months of federal litigation. Bandera County citizens have a right to know the truth of where their taxpaying dollars are really going. So why haven't the local newspapers reported this story after having so many unanswered questions about Bandera County's legal expenses? Ask Questions. Demand Answers. Enlighten Citizens. Know the truth about your government.
Roger Sullivan

Fredericksburg, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2008

Ms. Kerry Helgren Schneider, Bandera County Attorney is the woman we are talking about right?
I understood Schneider got into that Bandera Falls mess with her private practice. You sound like you believe George Hyde is representing her in that case. I would like to hear more. Since Hyde has been soaking Bandera County for everything else I guess it might be possible Hyde is billing the County to help Schneider. It is hard to tell what Hyde is billing Bandera or because he is not exactly forth comming answering Public Information requests about his bilings.
Tell me more.
As for the local papers picking up the story there is only one paper in town that would report on it and they haven't had much luck getting copies of Hydes billings either. Hyde decides what is public info in Bandera even when it concerns him.
New Story

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2008

Yes, Sir. Ms. Kerry Helgren Schneider, Bandera County Attorney was definetely sued for conduct carried out on behalf of her private clients at Bandera Falls with the illegal use of her public office. I know for a fact that George Hyde, Esq. is representing Kerry Schneider. However I don't know how Mr. Hyde is being paid - but he is getting paid. Why do you think the Bandera County legal funds have been replenished many times since June 5, 2007 when the original Federal law suit was filed. She has had a total of 3 attorneys representing her since the litigation began, including one in San Francisco, CA, by the name of Katherine S.Catlos, Esq. The question is Who is paying for all of her attorney fees? This is very expensive litigation and Bandera County keeps voting to refill the legal till. Kerry Schneider has denied operating under her private capacity and could very well be billing the county for this litigation on behalf of her defense as a public official. Mr. Hyde,Esq. and Mr. Matos,Esq. also of Denton, Navarro, Rocha & Bernal are listed on the Federal Docket as attorneys of record for Defendant, Kerry Helgren-Schneider, County Attorney for Bandera County, Texas. This lawsuit has been kept awful quiet, in fact so quiet it should be considered suspicious. I would like to hear the real reason she isn't running for office in November. She has filed multiple requests to be dismissed from the current lawsuit, none of her requests have been granted. There is simply to much evidence against Ms. Schneider for the court to dismiss her from the litigation. Shall the truth be known.
Roger Sullivan

Fredericksburg, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2008

Are you the person who brought the suit? If so I think I know you.
Hope I can get enough info to put her out of office now. I believe I have never met any public official so caught up in her own baggage. Her son and his criminal record. She continues to legally operate her private law practice from an office paid for by Bandera County taxpayers. When I questioned Judge Evans he said she was a part time employee. Now he tells me she is a full time employee, and that was indeed discussed in court, and deserving of her raise since she was no longer conducting her personal practice in county offices. Now it appears she continues to do her own private business even though she is supposed to be a full time employee.
The day Bandera County hired Hyde & Company the good judge said Schneider was too busy to answer public information requests and he was not going to ask her to work extra hours to keep up with her job. Enter Hyde with a giant billing book.
I wrote the Judge and told him if she filed one thing for her private business she should stop as he told me she would and represent the County she is tapping for her paycheck.
Everyone is just so happy she is leaving but I would rather see her investigated and prosecuted if she has broken the law. Thats what she would do to you if she got half a chance.
New Story

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2008

I never thought government could be so corrupt and then I ran across Bandera County. I am not the person who brought the complaint but I have access to all pertinent documents. I would like to help you clean up Bandera County. What do you need? I came across the Texas Attorney General's letter to you regarding your Public Request Information. I assume your contact information is correct. I can send a copy of the Complaint and Docket Report where her name and her attorneys of record are listed. You can also file complaints and requests for investigation with the:
1.Texas State Bar; http://www.texasbar.com/Template.cfm...
2. Texas House District 73--Rep: Nathan Macias; www.nathanmacias.com
3. Texas State Senator District 19-- Carlos Uresti; www.carlosuresti.com
4. Texas Federal U.S. Senator Kay Baily Hutchison; www.senate.gov/hutchison/contact
5. Texas Federal Senator John Cornyn; www.cornyn.senate.gov/public
6. US Congressman Lamar Smith; http://lamarsmith.house.gov/contact.aspx...
7. Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation - for (Legal Service Contact); www.license.state.tx.us/complaints/complaintf...
8. Federal Trade Commission; www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov
File as many complaints and requests for investigations as possible, start with #1. The more people that file complaints and demands for investigations with any and all of the departments the more the opportunity to know the truth about where Bandera tax dollars are going. I have recently read the information on the atrocious pet and animal executions courtesy of the local papers there in Bandera and by the sound of it CCPAL/CCPAL Volunteers may be very interested in helping in any investigation to assisst against tyrannical governments and over zealous law enforcement. I do believe that if the person who filed this lawsuit was actually in Bandera County he would have already been arrested for standing up for his Constitutional Rights.
Roger Sullivan

Fredericksburg, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Send me what you have. I can't access the actual court documents and would like to have something in black and white on Hyde and Matos status to back up what I intend to try to do. I am researching Hyde & Company's billings to Bandera County but Hyde and the county are reluctant to release info explaining the almost one-hundred thousand dollars we will or have paid for Hyde's assistance in the county in approximately one year.The County is paying to Hyde public information. Pun intended.
New Story

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

On Monday I will send you the complaint, the docket report from the California - Ninth District Federal Court which was then transferred to Texas Western District Federal Court. I will also deliver the latest Motion of Opposition provided by Denton & Navarro filed on 7/28/2008 and signed by Mr. Hyde, himself. I will also send you the reply from Plaintiff which will contain an extensive evidence pack intended for the court. I truly hope these items will help you and the Bandera County Tax Payers get to the bottom of this mystery. If there is anything else you need I will deliver it if I have it.
New Story

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Be careful out there.
Roger Sullivan

Fredericksburg, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2008

Yes I know. I was once told by Pct 1 Constable Phil Tobin to keep my windows rolled up when I parked my truck because the police would throw dope in an open window and then put me in jail. What a county to live in.
I can't wait to get the material you have. Thanks again for the help.
Roger Sullivan

Fredericksburg, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

New Story, I forgot to confirm my contact info. Any correspondence you have either from me to the Attorney General or from the Attorney General to me would be correct contact information.
Looking forward to seeing what you have
Thanks again
New Story

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

I sent a package 2 days ago and one today - both Priority, the first one should be arriving today. They are both large packages. Each document is clearly marked. Your welcome and my pleasure.
Roger Sullivan

Fredericksburg, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

Got one package last night and it sure makes for interesting reading.
It sure appears the Bandera County Attorney Kerry Schneider is working both sides of this thing.
I can't find the connection with Bandera Falls POA and Schneider in her official position with the county but there is no doubt she is representing or was representing the POA.
Now I will try to find billings from Hyde.
I am preparing to write a letter to the editor adressed to Judge Richard Evans because he went on record saying Schneider was too busy with her court cases to answer public information requests like she is supposed to do. Now I see why she has been so busy. Her own private business!
If she is billing her defense by Hyde to the county she should be prosecuted.
Anyway I will stay in touch
New Story

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

It will take a Grand Jury Indictment and a Grand Jury Subpoena to get Hyde's & Matos's billing records. What I provided you is very incriminating it just needs to get into the right hands. I have been trying to get the Bandera County Courier and the Bandera Bulletin to print and investigate this information. The Bandera County Courier has gone in the direction that the Bandera County legal fund is a never ending bottomless blackhole and then questions why, it will be that way for another year as this litigation is scheduled to continue until Mid 2009, long after Ms. Schneider is out of office. It is safe to say that if Kerry Schneider had been honest in her dealings with private and public issues Bandera County wouldn't be paying so much in legal fees to defend her. Do what you can, another package is on its way. I agree with you.
Roger Sullivan

Fredericksburg, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

This trial and pleadings reads like a soap opera and Schneider has the starring role. She has been the Bandera Falls HOA attorney of record for twenty years and now she changes hats and basically threatens Rogge on her official letter head supporting her old friends and clients the HOA. Official oppression comes to mind and under color of law. Anyone out there in Bandera or the surrounding area know anything about this case? Come on and tell us what you know.
I couldn't help our old friend Judge Richard Evans was involved also.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of78
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Bandera Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bandera People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••