San Antonio, TX

#1 Jul 4, 2012
Anyone know if the program is hard?
sucks

San Antonio, TX

#2 Jul 5, 2012
Curious wrote:
Don't waste your time, LVN's are being phased out, places only want RN's now, but of course the school won't tell you that, they just want your money.
sucks

San Antonio, TX

#3 Jul 5, 2012
Curious wrote:
And the two LVN's that I worked with in the past that had gone there were worthless.
girl

San Antonio, TX

#4 Jul 6, 2012
Don't go there it's not worth it. Go for EMT or dental.
you are stupid

San Antonio, TX

#6 Jul 9, 2012
An old RN wrote:
Don't believe that stuff about LVNs being phased out - that old line has been trotted out for 30 years. Every batch of new LVNs is handed that garbage when they graduate, and sometimes during training, to pressure them into even more expense and time in a LVN-RN bridge program. Insofar as whether the VNs they're putting out are worthless, that hardly seems to be a factor of training, and more the individual nurse - either you're a good nurse, or you aren't. You can work to be better, but most don't bother. Dental assisting is more or less a dead-end career in the San Antonio area, there's a glut of new assistants who cannot find work, and as for being an EMT, do you really want to work (as a basic) for a little over minimum wage as a taxi service for geriatrics? and should you get onto whichever fast-food ambulance company that currently has the county contract for 911 service (I believe that it's Acadian, now), you may make a bit more, but it's still a crappy job unless you're working for a city, municipality, or larger closed-service provider (intrahospital, etc.)
go to Career Point, Galen, Texas Careers, or whathaveyou - remember, the program SHOULD be challenging, or you aren't learning anything. The easy way may be easier, but in the end, in this business, it isn't just yourself that will suffer.
Tell that to all the LVN's at CSR and Methodist that are losing their jobs idiot.
nurse mom

San Antonio, TX

#7 Jan 10, 2013
you are stupid wrote:
<quoted text>Tell that to all the LVN's at CSR and Methodist that are losing their jobs idiot.
doubtful they are losing jobs to be replaced by RNs. More likely due to overall budgeting cuts or low/poor performance. Hospitals not the primary employer of LVNs anyway. only a segment of the overall job market for an LVN.
cbc

San Antonio, TX

#8 Jan 10, 2013
Most LVN programs teach the basic skills and what's needed to get licensed. The rest comes from learning as you go. You will probably learn more in the field than at school. Most trade/vocational school are very expensive. Coastal Bend is way more affordable it's probably half as much as these other schools (Kaplan, Galen, etc.) the only difference is the clinical experiences but CBC will teach you what you need.
stp

San Antonio, TX

#9 Mar 29, 2013
st philips is only about 7500 for the whole year way better program and better clinicals better teachers!
LVN

San Antonio, TX

#10 Apr 17, 2013
nurse mom wrote:
<quoted text>
doubtful they are losing jobs to be replaced by RNs. More likely due to overall budgeting cuts or low/poor performance. Hospitals not the primary employer of LVNs anyway. only a segment of the overall job market for an LVN.
They are eliminating LVN's to become a "charter" hospital, at least that is the explanation given. But in same, they have cut 2% of their RN personnel.
CAREER POINT SUCKS

San Antonio, TX

#11 May 12, 2013
I recently attended career point and I have to say that I regret signing those papers. From my experience there, I warn anyone who is considering their lvn program not to do it. I have never in my Life experienced a school that is unorganized. Everything they tell you before you start are just words to make you feel like your making the right decision, but in reality they don't care about their students. All they care about is the money. I wouldn't recommend Career Point College to anyone. So if your looking for a school that will be worth your time and money. career point is NOT the place.
Really

San Antonio, TX

#12 May 19, 2013
CAREER POINT SUCKS wrote:
I recently attended career point and I have to say that I regret signing those papers. From my experience there, I warn anyone who is considering their lvn program not to do it. I have never in my Life experienced a school that is unorganized. Everything they tell you before you start are just words to make you feel like your making the right decision, but in reality they don't care about their students. All they care about is the money. I wouldn't recommend Career Point College to anyone. So if your looking for a school that will be worth your time and money. career point is NOT the place.
This is actually a very good school I'm currently attending and it all depends on the student. If you don't make it then own up to the fact that you must put 100% into your school, which doesn't sound like you were . Nursing isn't easy well at least being a nursing student isn't easy. So for those of you looking into the school I recommend it but still do your research. I will say that being a nursing student is a full time job so going to the night problem would not help there is so much to cover.
newbee

United States

#13 May 21, 2013
does anyone know of a weekend lvn program? i know texas careers used to have one but i heard it closed down what happened to that place anyways. i am a single mom with no help what so ever and work monday thru friday. I also live 2 hrs away but im willing to travel if there is a weekend program.
Selena

San Antonio, TX

#14 May 25, 2013
I really hope this school isn't bad, I'm supposed to start in August of this year. I'm going to do the LVN program and i have an aunt who is graduating in June and she already has a place in mind to work at here in San Antonio and they start LVN's off from $20-$25 per hour.
Christie

Pleasanton, TX

#15 Jul 26, 2013
I want to attend the VN program here and i am hoping for the best. Going to nursing school is a full time job and you have to give it your all regardless of what school you attend. So i just hope that this school and their nursing program is worth it!!
no wonder

United States

#16 Jul 27, 2013
Selena wrote:
I really hope this school isn't bad, I'm supposed to start in August of this year. I'm going to do the LVN program and i have an aunt who is graduating in June and she already has a place in mind to work at here in San Antonio and they start LVN's off from $20-$25 per hour.
no wonder our health care is so high over paying lvn's and nurse's. its a waste of our health care money system. more people could get treated if you leaches didnt suck so much money,we wouldnt need obama care
no wonder

United States

#17 Jul 27, 2013
i think doctors pay should be capped and nurse's pay too. they have driven the cost of life so high. if you dont have alot of money you wont get your life saved. no matter if you have insurance or not you will croak if you dont have alot of money. you doctors and nurse's rape people and the system. just look what you charge for a tylenol or a bandage. you deserve to get shot in the head
crash

San Antonio, TX

#18 Jul 27, 2013
As much as I am sure this was meant to be an inflammatory statement, how about you consider the risk associated to the nurse relative to the pay. On a daily basis nurses are exposed to many illnesses, and physical violence by patients, exposure to radiation, chemicals which overtime are considered to be carcinogenic. Even after all this we still have to deal with nursing staff shortages because there are not enough nurses, that is why you have to wait in the hospital for hours just to be seen in the ER. The other side of it is supply side economics not enough people want to be nurses and still others can go into other fields of work for the same pay with fewer risks to their own health. And as far as that goes if you really think the 25 an hour that nurses make an hour contributes so much to your cost of healthcare you are sadly mistaken, the cost of healthcare is due to over regulation and too much involvement by the government. Before government involvement in the 60s people were able to pay their bills and did not need insurance.
no wonder wrote:
i think doctors pay should be capped and nurse's pay too. they have driven the cost of life so high. if you dont have alot of money you wont get your life saved. no matter if you have insurance or not you will croak if you dont have alot of money. you doctors and nurse's rape people and the system. just look what you charge for a tylenol or a bandage. you deserve to get shot in the head
Nicole

Houston, TX

#19 Sep 12, 2013
Selena wrote:
is your aunt attending. Career point and the job she has in mind are they will to accept her as an lvn that came from career point that's my fear of going
School Nurse

San Antonio, TX

#20 Jan 16, 2014
The comment that LVN's are being phased out is a bunch of b*ll! I have tons of work available! The REAL question is do you really want to work as a nurse, or do you have some fantasy of working in a prestigous hospital, where doctors fall/seduce you every time they see you?! Nursing is a hard, demanding job if you do it right! Good nurses=Good references=Jobs. Period. I went to school at Texas Career years ago, it is now Kaplan College. I went back to "College" and am almost finished with prereq needed for Baptist Nursing School. I have seen Career Point students come through the school I work at and I have to admit they seem lazy, uninterested, YOUNG, nothing at all what I would call the makings of a future excellent, top -notch Nurse.
Lvn

San Antonio, TX

#21 Feb 3, 2014
I graduated from the LVN program back in 2012 and I did attend career point. My teachers were great and I personally think the whole reason they have a 92% passing nclex rate is because of the ATI program. The LVN program cost me about 16,000 but I would've paid more just knowing that the ATI program was so intense and so awesome. I took the nclex august 2012 and so much of was taught through ATI was on the nclex. Yes career point can be pricey but to pass the nclex with such ease is priceless. Going to start the LVN to RN bridge program soon at career point and my first question was "do you still use the ATI program throughout the program?" Answer was yes, ok where do I sign??? Good luck to you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bandera Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cleaning Up Ham Radio in San Antonio (Aug '10) 2 min The Billdozer 4,938
I give to you..MIND CONTROL! 1 hr Toeless Tommy Cal... 52
Audi 5000 goes bypolar with the grammar lol 1 hr Inbred 3
Bipolar people can't handle it if you say your ... 3 hr Looking in 8
who lives on the east side? 5 hr smh 5
i will do anything to make $1000 cash before i ... 17 hr hot_chick 5
Meth heads May 25 Fluffy White Powder 2
More from around the web

Bandera People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE