What do you think of drivers in Sylva?

Posted in the Balsam Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hungry Man

United States

#1 Mar 6, 2011
I think "stupidity reigns" in this town.
Student

United States

#2 Mar 7, 2011
I find local student drivers and high school/college students to be more responsible with their driving than many of the adults in this area. I see people drive bad all the time. Speeding, running lights, being distracted, etc. Not everyone is a bad driver in this area, its just some of the people who don't remember how to drive and never get caught for driving bad.
Local

United States

#3 Mar 10, 2011
Please feel free to drive somewhere else if you dont like it here.
Other Drivers

Chapin, SC

#4 Mar 10, 2011
Local wrote:
Please feel free to drive somewhere else if you dont like it here.
Get off my a$$!
Local

United States

#5 Mar 10, 2011
Get back to Florida
Sylva elite

Franklin, NC

#6 Mar 12, 2011
All I can say is I have worked in Sylva for over ten years and I have found that there is about one brain cell bouncing around for every local there. Selective breeding would really help out this town.
defensive driver

Erwin, TN

#7 Mar 12, 2011
All I can say is you better be a defensive driver and be on the alert in this area.
Hobbit

Columbia, SC

#9 Mar 16, 2011
They need to slow down the speeders coming down the hill towards Mcdonalds, I bet some are going 55 or better down that hill.
Dyno

Iron Station, NC

#10 Mar 20, 2011
Most of them make me nervous as heck.
One Thing

Franklin, NC

#11 Mar 22, 2011
Two Things

Don't let people over the age of 60 drive. I know it sounds cruel but the truth is that for every old person who is a capable driver, there are five or six who drive dangerously slow. If I am coming around a curve at the posted speed limited (55) and some old fart is puttering along at 20-25 mile an hour, I may not be able to stop in time to avoid hitting him. this has happened numerous times and it is only good brakes that stopped an accident from occuring.
One Thing

Franklin, NC

#12 Mar 22, 2011
There was another thing too, but there is already a thread that is insulting to female drivers and i do not feel the need to start another.
None Worth Noting

Franklin, NC

#13 Mar 23, 2011
that's <br> funny
smart driver

United States

#15 Apr 19, 2011
WHY is it so hard to use turn signals?
retarded drivers

United States

#16 Apr 22, 2011
yes, 90% of u are! even the cops. deputy dummy flips his car 3 times driving too fast on a wet road just the other day.
Trucker

United States

#17 May 16, 2011
Its h@ll getting around this town and watching for stupid drivers at the same time. Almost everyone speeds all around town and gets by with it - where are the Police?
bigblock

United States

#18 Jun 14, 2011
Not too much.
the truth

Cullowhee, NC

#19 Jun 16, 2011
Thats because all of the crappy florida drivers moved up here.
uhhuh

Cullowhee, NC

#20 Jun 16, 2011
Apparently nobody knows in Sylva that when a stop light doesn't have power that you're supposed to treat it like a 4 way stop. Somebody is going to get into a wreck with all of the power outages throughout town.
robin

Statesville, NC

#21 Sep 21, 2012
dont get me started on these idiots in sylva! most of them must have got their drivers license at dollar general!
leon

United States

#22 Sep 27, 2012
yeah and not only it it bad here, you cant pay a cop to catch a drunk driver if you stop the drunk driver yourself and call the cops to come get them! what is wrong with our police system????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Balsam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Public perspectives on Corridor K (May '11) May 10 Native 12
News Wedding: Brittney Solesby & Charles Surrett May 10 ApePeeD 1
News Patti Ellis McMurry wins Cleveland County Socia... May 6 HumanSpirit 1
Looking for Army buddy May 5 Mike w 1
Waterville Lake (Apr '11) Apr 30 Heelaholic 11
Canton Jukebox (Jul '12) Apr '15 geezer 15
News Supreme Court upholds North Carolina's new limi... (Oct '14) Apr '15 LAVON AFFAIr 6
More from around the web

Balsam People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]