Wisconsin lawmakers lift block on quicker Stillwater Lift Bridg...

Full story: TwinCities.com

Wisconsin lawmakers who wanted to block funding of a design-build bridge over the St.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Mr Right

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2009

Judged:

Why should MN pay 50% for a "bridge to no where" for Wisconsin? WI residents are the only ones going to be using it.

THIS IS A MONEY SHAKE DOWN FOR WESTERN WISCONSIN!

Since: May 09

Mounds Park, St Paul

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2009

Wisconsin reimburses us quite a bit. We still have a financial agreement with the Wisc Dept of Revenue that covers Badger commuters making income in MN. And in-state public university tuition agreements still exist between us.

How many Minnesotans cross to tube at the Apple River or buy cheaper liquor ... or whatever?

Most of the folks who now live in St Croix and Pierce counties are from StP and Mpls. Are we not supposed to visit our relatives and friends safely?

Thousands cross both ways.
Mark

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2009

Crawl out of your Cave Mr. Right and look at the blue plates coming out of Wisconsin into Minnesota over that disaster in the making Stillwater Lift Bridge on Sunday night. DUH!!!!
Mr Right wrote:
Why should MN pay 50% for a "bridge to no where" for Wisconsin? WI residents are the only ones going to be using it.
Stillwater Resident

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2009

Mr Right wrote:
minnesotans use that bridge JUST AS OFTEN as wisconsinites. It's only right that its 50-50. I don't think you have ever spent time in Stillwater. You have no idea. Moron.
Stillwater Resident

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2009

And Bridge to nowhere? really? That bridge takes people to Hudson, Somerset, new Richmond, B&L Liquors.....MANY MANY other areas. It is absolutely NOT a bridge to Nowhere.
Wisconsin resident

New Richmond, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

Mr. WRONG from Hastings should get out more. Sooner or later the lift bridge is going to get stuck in the up position. I believe they have long since quit making parts for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Balsam Lake Discussions

Search the Balsam Lake Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WI Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) 2 hr Jaimie 6,972
Rural hospitals could lose special Medicare pay... (Sep '13) Wed Attention HHS 6
Body of missing Wisconsin toddler found in trun... (Jul '13) Jul 1 Jess 2
WI Wisconsin Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jun 12 Slam 449
WI Who do you support for Attorney General in Wisc... (Oct '10) Jun 12 Judge 88
Father Tom Thompson May '14 Beth 3
Polaris keeps some jobs in Wisconsin (Apr '11) Apr '14 EX-EMPLOYEE 24
•••
•••
•••
•••

Balsam Lake Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000