Baldwyn Mayor/ Police Cheif Candidates

Posted in the Baldwyn Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
concerned

Pontotoc, MS

#1 Mar 6, 2013
Who is the best candidate for Mayor and Police Chief?
concerned

Pontotoc, MS

#2 Mar 6, 2013
As for the Chief of Police, I believe that Don Rowan should be re-elected but should actually run the police department.
Wondering

Duluth, GA

#3 Mar 7, 2013
Who is the mayor now? Is it still the guy whose son was on meth and writing bad checks all over town? You know the cops actually called the dad and asked him if they wanted them to arrest the son for cashing over $1,000 worth of his moms checks on a closed account and he also had meth pipe on him. The guy said his dad owned the bank or something and I think I remember them saying his dad was the mayor. I say throw all the crank heads and thieves in jail, but I guess in Baldwyn it just depends on who your daddy is....
concerned

Pontotoc, MS

#4 Mar 8, 2013
The current mayor is Michael James I think. I am not familiar with the story you are talking about but I think everywhere it depends on who you know....or who you are related to. I do not agree with that but.....it is what it is. I will not vote for the current Mayor.......... just trying to hear others opinions.
Vote Nickey

Saltillo, MS

#5 Mar 9, 2013
Dan Rowan is a good vet, thats it. The best man and most experience man for the job as police chief has to be Nickey Owen. Vote for Nickey and the corruption within the department will be over, the drug problem will also cease making Baldwyn a safer place to work and live in. Read the brochure that Nickey has out about himself. I don't think that any of the other candidate's even hand out any brochure they hand out a business card with their name on it and ask for your vote. Nickey will be your FULL TIME chief not like the part timer that we have now. He will be available anytime day or night to answer your problem not like the present part timer who ask you to come up to the vet office to see him. As for the other candidates or previous corrupt chief, NO QUALIFICATIONS PERIOD. Do the right thing for Baldwyn, vote Nickey Owen and you won't be disappointed.
Wondering

United States

#6 Mar 10, 2013
Haynes is who it was. Maybe not mayor but the acted like he was big sh*t for some reason.
haha

Bellevue, WA

#7 Mar 10, 2013
I agree, nickey would be a good one, but the drugs will NEVER cease.......we in the ghetto!!......sad to say......HUD housing and low income apts have taken over!! FACT!!........
Vote Nickey wrote:
Dan Rowan is a good vet, thats it. The best man and most experience man for the job as police chief has to be Nickey Owen. Vote for Nickey and the corruption within the department will be over, the drug problem will also cease making Baldwyn a safer place to work and live in. Read the brochure that Nickey has out about himself. I don't think that any of the other candidate's even hand out any brochure they hand out a business card with their name on it and ask for your vote. Nickey will be your FULL TIME chief not like the part timer that we have now. He will be available anytime day or night to answer your problem not like the present part timer who ask you to come up to the vet office to see him. As for the other candidates or previous corrupt chief, NO QUALIFICATIONS PERIOD. Do the right thing for Baldwyn, vote Nickey Owen and you won't be disappointed.
Thatoneguy

Sumrall, MS

#8 Mar 11, 2013
VOTE NICKEY OWENS!!!!!!
Baldwyn Police Chief!!!!
Vote Nickey

Tupelo, MS

#9 Mar 13, 2013
Vote Nickey Owen Police Chief
Bucky

New Albany, MS

#10 Mar 15, 2013
For Police Chief, Don Rowan or Nickey Owens... equally qualified and good men for the job. Don is favored by most. Some corrupt things on others in the running, I have been apprised of. May the best candidate win...
Vote Nickey

Saltillo, MS

#11 Mar 15, 2013
Don is favored by pet owners because he is a good vet but not a police chief. Nickey Owen is the best man for the job as FULL TIME police chief. The rest have skeletons in the closet of known corruption. Don has been a part time chief and full time vet during the last 4 years. We need someone who will devote full time as a chief and Nickey Owen will do just that.
Fred

Booneville, MS

#12 Mar 16, 2013
Nicky Owen is good choice? How is that, he doesnt even live in the city. Just because you go get a free apartment that is offered to police for security doesnt mean you live there. Go by his Baldwyn residence and see if he is there. Why did he get forced out to start with, has anyone asked that question? Thank God i dont live there anymore.
Bill

Tupelo, MS

#13 Mar 17, 2013
You are right about the skeletons in the closet. One candidate got caught writing bad checks, another one got caught shoplifting at food giant, one got caught taking furniture out of the pd and one former chief of Baldwyn was running all the dope and protecting the dealers even the one who got shot in the hand. And they want to become the chief. Nickey is the best one.
concerned

Pontotoc, MS

#14 Mar 18, 2013
Thanks for the info on Nickey Owens, didn't know he didn't live inside the city. I knew the rest of the candidates were not Cheif material. No one wants to give an opinion on the Mayor? Don must have put a damper on some of these peoples activities.....seems like they want him as a Vet but not as a Chief. Interesting.
CONCERNED

Booneville, MS

#15 Mar 18, 2013
Who are all the candidates?
Bill

Tupelo, MS

#16 Mar 18, 2013
You can't be a full time chief and a full time vet. That is why the people of Baldwyn are mad. Any time you needed the chief, you were told to go see him at the vet office. When they voted him in 4 yrs. ago, they thought they were voting for a full time police chief instead they got a full time vet.
Troy

Tupelo, MS

#17 Mar 18, 2013
If Nickey Owen didn't live in the city, then he would not qualify to run for chief. Get your facts straight before writing smack on this thread Fred. Nicky had the necessary documents to prove residency and he qualified.
baldwyn citizen

New Albany, MS

#18 Mar 20, 2013
Fred wrote:
Nicky Owen is good choice? How is that, he doesnt even live in the city. Just because you go get a free apartment that is offered to police for security doesnt mean you live there. Go by his Baldwyn residence and see if he is there. Why did he get forced out to start with, has anyone asked that question? Thank God i dont live there anymore.
No one answered your question ..... Interesting. I'm curious too. Why did he leave the police department ?
just saying

Rienzi, MS

#19 Mar 20, 2013
baldwyn citizen wrote:
<quoted text>No one answered your question ..... Interesting. I'm curious too. Why did he leave the police department ?
He was caught sleeping while on duty several times and after warnings he continued this behavior. Is that considered FULL TIME ? I consider it stealing hours/money from the department he wants to now run.
Fred

Booneville, MS

#20 Mar 20, 2013
Ok. Elect Nicky and see where he goes home to. I would bet it will be in his trailer beside his barn outside of the city in Prentiss county. Or maybe he will just sleep in his car. Also go to the Prentiss county court house and check his homested exemption or any other property tax record. Chris Barnett lives out at the airport and uses his mothers address in the city. Just because you have an address to use in the city doesnt mean you live there. I still have a Baldwyn address but I havent lived in the city limits for the last six years. Nicky will be a part time chief as well, hard to run your clean-up shop and yard mowing business and be a full time chief.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baldwyn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Incumbent Collins challenged by fellow conserva... 2 hr Looks like Hugh Baby 5
James Brigman 7 hr Denise 19
News Jeff Roberson: Fair, Grove might be related 17 hr No Way 5
Tammie Waters busted & arrested in Tupelo? 19 hr Old patient 2
Everyone b ware Jul 31 lolo 2
buschwackers (Mar '14) Jul 30 lake Mohawk lady 18
like mother like daughter Jul 29 misty 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baldwyn Mortgages