BPUSD misconduct of officials and emp...
same old

West Covina, CA

#2088 Jun 2, 2011
The union is where its always been-trying to kiss up to the admins and not make waves. they wont do anything this time either. Pretty useless.
Jambelandjive wrote:
Locksmith job lost where is csea employees donot work for nothing get paid for working out of class. Make a stand dont lose that spot what next
get a clue

San Diego, CA

#2089 Jun 7, 2011
Mikey wrote:
Yeah, he has watches football all day and talks on his cell phone to his wife.
<quoted text>
did not know football is a year round sport!!! idiot!
get a clue

San Diego, CA

#2090 Jun 7, 2011
Mom wrote:
Families are able to get financial assistance from BPUSD? BPUSD? Families are getting it from all of the people who either don't need a family rate or from those who are covered elsewhere but still have to pay these costs for people who have more "family" than they can afford. How is it fair for a single person to have to pay that much for healthcare. Single person, single income, and a lot more of it going to health benefits so that those with families can afford health care.
So, since the district now makes the cost so out-of-pocket, can people decline from health care totally, or will they still "make" employees be covered? How can they legally do that when there is so much of an employees own money being put out every month?
I paid extra when my kids were home and needed health and dental, now, they are gone but I am still paying for kids who aren't even mine and I can't afford the dental plan! Go ahead and call me bitter, but that just isn't right.
<quoted text>
i do not believe you ... you do go to starbucks every morning?....dont lie teachers can afford a dental coverage or are your teeth that bad from all the Starbucks!!!
get a clue

San Diego, CA

#2091 Jun 7, 2011
Steaming wrote:
Dear BPUSD Teachers who voted against the furlough days, You are a bunch of self-serving jerks. The district is struggling, people are losing their jobs or being demoted, losing salary and changing their entire lives. It's like an earthquake running through the district. You self-centered primo donnas, who Skvarna has vowed to save, won't take any furlough days and at least do a little on your part to help out. UNBELIEVABLE! All the other unions agreed but you. Even more amazing is that BP has more than it's share of crap teachers who found solice in BP because they won't do anything to you. You are just there for the money and yourselves. Look at the test scores. It's because of you losers. Just more BP crap.
yeah what vote... i never voted, i prefer furloughs....i teach sixth grade and we never voted!!!!!
mom

West Covina, CA

#2092 Jun 7, 2011
Nope, I don't have the MONEY to go to Starbucks. I have to save it to pay for emergency dental and vision care.
get a clue wrote:
<quoted text>
i do not believe you ... you do go to starbucks every morning?....dont lie teachers can afford a dental coverage or are your teeth that bad from all the Starbucks!!!
LOL

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#2093 Jun 10, 2011
LOL
Concerned

West Covina, CA

#2094 Jul 14, 2011
So, they are closing down the original adult ed site. Guess the district doesn't care about that part of town. Renting it out to Head Start - the only program with $$$. What about the fact that Ad Ed is one of the few programs that brings IN money. And what happens to all those kids who don't graduate at our two high schools? There's a lot of them. Seems a shame.
Black eye

La Verne, CA

#2095 Aug 18, 2011
If Skarvana was to leave, BP could get a real educator to run the district. Then we could get actual educational support, knowledge and influence that would help the kids and staff. With Skarvana as Super..........we all lose. Why doesn't the school board put an EDUCATOR in charge of this large educational institution called BPUSD? Instead they have a military/business person who could care less about the classroom and the kids. He is just there to earn as money as possible for himself and to max out his retirement with as little time on the clock as possible.
No teacher that I know has ever seen Skarvana in their classroom, or has ever heard of him visiting any classroom while there are students present. He only visits it the classes are under construction. Skarvana keeps his board in the dark by limiting access to the board by people who may actually give them information and truthful accounts of what is happening at the schools. What a shame. Kids lose here because the board is not smart enough to see through this blowhard we call Superintendent Skarvana.

I challenge the board to do what is right! Replace Skarvana with an EDUCATOR, who is collaborative and compassionate......... this is not C. Cuevas!(She is like the anti-christ controlling freak)
tell it on the mountain

West Covina, CA

#2096 Aug 20, 2011
Wow, couldn't have said it better myself. Especially the last part about Cuevas. It would be like going from purgetory to the firey pit! Let's hope he has enough to retire soon, but keep in mind, the district has a pattern of hiring the next super from H.R. Be careful what you wish for.
proud veteran

Brea, CA

#2097 Aug 20, 2011
Black eye wrote:
If Skarvana was to leave, BP could get a real educator to run the district. Then we could get actual educational support, knowledge and influence that would help the kids and staff. With Skarvana as Super..........we all lose. Why doesn't the school board put an EDUCATOR in charge of this large educational institution called BPUSD? Instead they have a military/business person who could care less about the classroom and the kids. He is just there to earn as money as possible for himself and to max out his retirement with as little time on the clock as possible.
No teacher that I know has ever seen Skarvana in their classroom, or has ever heard of him visiting any classroom while there are students present. He only visits it the classes are under construction. Skarvana keeps his board in the dark by limiting access to the board by people who may actually give them information and truthful accounts of what is happening at the schools. What a shame. Kids lose here because the board is not smart enough to see through this blowhard we call Superintendent Skarvana.
I challenge the board to do what is right! Replace Skarvana with an EDUCATOR, who is collaborative and compassionate......... this is not C. Cuevas!(She is like the anti-christ controlling freak)
I actually like Mark Skvarna. I think that his experience in business is the reason our district hasn't fallen apart like so many of those around us. We have avoided massive lay-offs and test scores continue to rise. Yes, we're in the red now, but so is everyone else. And I have seen him at my school site plenty of times. He has popped in to congratulate our staff on our test scores for the past several years. Also, he has stopped by my classroom on 2 occasions to say hello during the first week back for teachers, and has visited my classroom at least a half dozen times over the years during the school day. So he is out there and visible. I can't say the same for our board members though.
education

AOL

#2098 Aug 27, 2011
At BPHS i heard a spanish teacher Mrs. Moscozo got in trouble. Does anyone know what happened?
Dupped

West Covina, CA

#2099 Aug 28, 2011
Yes, he's a likeable guy, as long as you don't count on any of his promises. He agrees with the last person he talks to about anything. Some years ago there was a fine business guy who could have taken over as the supe, but because he wasn't an "educator", the board wouldn't do it. Now we have this monkey putting on his act and holding his hand out to all the passerbys. He doesn't have integrety. That's important to an educational leader.
proud veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually like Mark Skvarna. I think that his experience in business is the reason our district hasn't fallen apart like so many of those around us. We have avoided massive lay-offs and test scores continue to rise. Yes, we're in the red now, but so is everyone else. And I have seen him at my school site plenty of times. He has popped in to congratulate our staff on our test scores for the past several years. Also, he has stopped by my classroom on 2 occasions to say hello during the first week back for teachers, and has visited my classroom at least a half dozen times over the years during the school day. So he is out there and visible. I can't say the same for our board members though.
HR Poison

West Covina, CA

#2100 Aug 28, 2011
She probably got on the wrong side of cuevas. There's a vindictive viper.
education wrote:
At BPHS i heard a spanish teacher Mrs. Moscozo got in trouble. Does anyone know what happened?
Curious

West Covina, CA

#2101 Sep 1, 2011
Have any of the retirees' received their incentive check yet? We were supposed to have it August - my calendar says it's September right now. Are they going to give us interest on the amount that they are withholding?
education

AOL

#2102 Sep 7, 2011
Curious wrote:
Have any of the retirees' received their incentive check yet? We were supposed to have it August - my calendar says it's September right now. Are they going to give us interest on the amount that they are withholding?
how can i find out about this info? thanks
Left Out

Menifee, CA

#2103 Sep 7, 2011
Anyone know what happened to the head custodian at Central School?
Curious

West Covina, CA

#2104 Sep 8, 2011
education wrote:
<quoted text>
how can i find out about this info? thanks
MIne came the 2nd. Call H.R. and they'll refer you to they outside guy handling it.
Comments anyone

Los Angeles, CA

#2105 Oct 9, 2011
Did anyone see the Tribune on Friday?
just me

Santa Ana, CA

#2106 Oct 9, 2011
Comments anyone wrote:
Did anyone see the Tribune on Friday?
Yes, just what is needed, more money woes.
Fly on the wall

Covina, CA

#2107 Oct 10, 2011
just me wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, just what is needed, more money woes.
1.5 million due by Oct. 26th. Maybe the district can borrow the money from Head Start and instead of 6 furlough days... employees can take 8 or 10 furlough days. Who to blame... Skavarna and Marcene Hamilton. Second time around in 5 years. I guess they thought they won't get caught!LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baldwin Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Acting City Manager 6 min Mtbl Resident 7
Montebello CM back in the news 7 min Wonder Why 24
Will Molinari Be Next Mayor? 34 min WTH is happening ... 4
Attention BP staff workers council people verba... 50 min Pauly Cook 11
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Chosen Traveler 35,089
Montebello fails Spanish Speaking Residents 1 hr Ha Ha 2
Where is Francesca 5 hr TRASH TALK 77

Baldwin Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baldwin Park Mortgages