Ticketed for parking in my front yard???

Posted in the Baldwin Park Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Colts4life

Alhambra, CA

#1 Jan 8, 2010
Honestly are you kidding me . Wow so now I have to pay a 60 dollar fine because I parked in my front yard. Who's pocket is this going to land in huh ... The mayors??? Hey lozano is this money going in your pocket or what can you please explain to me why such a stupid fine is even being given???
Colts4life

Alhambra, CA

#2 Jan 8, 2010
I understand that u may be fined for washing your car on the grass ! Honestly Baldwin park needs a good clean up in who is running it. After voting for mayor lozano and getting this fine doesn't make me feel comfortable...
xyz

United States

#3 Jan 8, 2010
You should'nt be parking your car on your front yard, dumb ass!
Colts4life

Alhambra, CA

#4 Jan 8, 2010
xyz wrote:
You should'nt be parking your car on your front yard, dumb ass!
I didn't ask for ur stupid comment ... Wow u must be a cop huh... Damn I still remember writing that email to the bp police department after I got ticketed .. Ya I'm that same guy.. Remember fellas ...
Interesting

Capistrano Beach, CA

#5 Jan 8, 2010
Colts4life wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't ask for ur stupid comment ... Wow u must be a cop huh... Damn I still remember writing that email to the bp police department after I got ticketed .. Ya I'm that same guy.. Remember fellas ...
What are you Sanford and Son? Get it together and quit parking on your lawn, that's just tasteless. You were fined for blight and for being an idiot. Obviously you don't know any better.
ghetto

Ontario, CA

#6 Jan 8, 2010
Colts4life wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the hell would you park on the lawn anyway? obviously if you got a ticket, you must be in violation of a law that says you cant park on the lawn?
Interesting

Capistrano Beach, CA

#7 Jan 8, 2010
On another note, you actually think the money is being pocketed by Lozano? This was passed well before Lozano was mayor.

You were penalized for parking your car on your front lawn.

Why?

Because it is the written law, you can go on website and see where it is cited.

CHAPTER 95: NUISANCES

http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/Califo... $fn=default.htm$3.0$vid=amlega l:baldwinpark_ca
haha

Santa Ana, CA

#8 Jan 8, 2010
You got a ticket for parking your car on your lawn for the same reason that code enforcement will be on you if you have too many yard sales in a year, try to sell elotes out your front yard, or have farm animals running around your back yard:

THAT UNSIGHTLY MESS BRINGS DOWN HOME VALUES.

In America, we have rules in place so that our neighborhoods like nice and clean. Deal with it.
Colts4life

Bloomington, CA

#9 Jan 8, 2010
On another note, you actually think the money is being pocketed by Lozano? This was passed well before Lozano was mayor.
You were penalized for parking your car on your front lawn.
Why?
Because it is the written law, you can go on website and see where it is cited.
CHAPTER 95: NUISANCES
http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/Califo... $fn=default.htm$3.0$vid=amlega l:baldwinpark_ca

thanks for your clean and respectful answer... I could wait for 100 idiots to just find one good answer.. Proves that there are more idiots than smarts in B.P
Friday

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#10 Jan 8, 2010
Colts4life wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy tough guy. Most if not all cities have a similar ordinance to keep the yard cars from making a city look like Fred Sanford's front yard-a junk yard. I think most people in BP, not just cops, and probably most cities don't want cars parked in front yards. That is what driveways are for and go ahead and send more emails so we can ignore them.
impact1001

Rowland Heights, CA

#11 Jul 20, 2010
no the laws redicuolus i have two kids who are getting cars and my son parked HALF is car on the lawn and he was fined for it so i have to put out over 2grand just to have a prtion of MY damn lawn turned in to a bloody driveway its rediculous nothing like have the friendly nazi neighberhood association on my ass

“Very interested and impressed”

Since: Jan 10

Baldwin park

#12 Jul 22, 2010
getting cars and my son parked HALF is car on the lawn and he was fined for it so i have to put out over 2grand just to have a prtion of MY damn lawn turned in to a bloody driveway its rediculous nothing like have the friendly nazi neighberhood association on my ass
wow... wow . wow .. wow ...... wow
......... o ..........
a former BP resident

Ridgecrest, CA

#14 Jul 22, 2010
Colts4life wrote:
Honestly are you kidding me . Wow so now I have to pay a 60 dollar fine because I parked in my front yard. Who's pocket is this going to land in huh ... The mayors??? Hey lozano is this money going in your pocket or what can you please explain to me why such a stupid fine is even being given???
I believe the reason they originally decided to make this law was because most vehicles leak oil or anti-freeze. The thought process was that if the vehicle leaks oil into the soil, that oil or fluid could possibly end up in the ground water causing contamination. As others have stated, another reason is that it is unsightly, and tends to bring down property values since prospective buyers would not want to pay as much to live in an area that in their mind might be considered blighted. This particular law has been there since at least the late 1980's. It doesn't take the sting out of the fine, but it may help explain why it is what it is.
Graveyard of Empires

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Sep 12, 2010
It is a stupid law and I recieved tickets too for parking my car in my front yard. well, I know some stupid neighbor of mine did a complain, and I did move my cars. However, to punish my neighbor, I will not park, but place a huge container full of dirt in the corner of my front yard right next to his. yeahhhhh
END THE CORRUPTION

Monrovia, CA

#17 Sep 12, 2010
Yes. These stupid policies are enacted by your corrupt City Council Members:
1. MANUEL LOZANO
2. MARLEN GARCIA
3. MONICA GARCIA

And their cronies.
George Rodrigues(Going to JAIL)
Marc Castagnola(Should go to JAIL)
Salvador Lopez(Promotes harassing of Residents and Businesses)

STOP THESE CORRUPT OFFICIALS AND EMPLOYEES!

FIX THE CITY OF BALDWIN PARK!
stupid

United States

#18 Oct 11, 2010
F*#& baldwin park I have like five tickets on my car for parking in my grass having a broken window. Supposably trying to sell my car cause there were numbers on it f*#$ this city and there stupid laws
terithepirate

La Puente, CA

#19 Oct 15, 2010
Due to street sweeping (good thing) I am unable to have a car parked from 7am-12n. Which is fine except when my grandchildren visit from out of state or other family and there is only room for 3 vehicles in my driveway. I have resorted to asking my neighbors to use their driveway or if all else fails parking on the lawn. If the city is notified before visitors arrive why can't they accomodate the homeowner?
Stuck in the middle

West Covina, CA

#20 Dec 27, 2010
They block where we can park, here in BP and make it so your trapped. If you dont park on your lawn your ticketed for being on the street. But then your ticketed for parking on your lawn. If its my damn property stop tresspassing to give me the ticket.

But there is little they are willing to do. I live near the wal mart and have to park over their and hope they dont mind and call the police for their "resitriction" of over night parking.

Thanks for the catch 22 bull shit BP
listen

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Feb 20, 2011
Look i do also park my car on my lawn not to be cool or show off nor to be ghetto, but there are some hoodlums on my block and i have caught them looking into my car. I park to far to hear if my car would get broken into thus i park on the grass. This is only due to prevent my car from being stolen.
jason

Los Angeles, CA

#22 Feb 28, 2011
A warning citation would be fair. If the person continues then fine them. I got home from work at 4am in Westchester. No parking anywhere so I parked half on the lawn and half in the driveway with the intention of moving my vehicle when I awoke, but found I was cited for something I never even heard of. Anyway, no Sanford and sons here (interesting).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baldwin Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
East side bolen gang of baldwin park (Jun '08) 3 hr real big Dik 561
Mayor Lozano Lied to Stichman and Vineland Peop... 14 hr Lozano Lied 1
Pacheco and Lozano Going Down with Soccer League 14 hr Bye Bye 1
Baldwin Park Mayor is an embarrassment 15 hr Wrong 6
gangs of Bolen Parka (Sep '12) Thu chema 132
Attention Non Profit Companies Want Free City S... Dec 18 Oops 4
Monte bello Housing wants to bring in more low ... (Jun '14) Dec 18 Pay Me Loses 9

Baldwin Park News Video

Baldwin Park Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Baldwin Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Baldwin Park News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baldwin Park

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:09 pm PST