Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
142,321 - 142,340 of 200,620 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Tata

Westminster, CA

#161133 Sep 27, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
What Constitutional right of straight people is being threatened!?
Why should I let your gay cult to make change to something that has worked for all citizens. We all hav ethe same rights where in the constitution does is say otherwiese?
Aldous Huxley

Netherlands

#161134 Sep 27, 2012
Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
Your cult is determined to add "and for SSM" where the constitution clearly ferers to all citizens. It just sems you cult is constantly complaining and confused about the wording thats all. We all hav the same rights don't we?
And you would once again be clueless,and remain cluelesss! There are millions of FULL gay citizens in this country and the only place they now have equal rights are in the states that do have marriage equality! Even though from state to state they are still not recognized but that will change once DOMA is declared Unconstitutional! Cult? What are you stupid or something? LOL,There is NO cult you moron! And now it looks like California will once again have marriage equality in a very short time,the most populous state in the union! Ain't it great? I do believe it is! I take great pleasure to know that you'll be stewing in your own slimy bigotry when gay's once again will be able to LEGALLY marry in California! I hope you choke on it! And when California starts up marriage equality "Again" that will mean approximately 33% of our total population will be able to marry the person of their choice! See the writing on the wall yet,OH great clueless one? The answer is NO we all don't have equal rights except in the states that allow marriage equalit! Oh,and the marriage licenses don't say gay marriage,they simply say "Marriage" License,there is NO such thing as "Gay" marriage!
GOP back

Huntington Beach, CA

#161135 Sep 27, 2012
Maria wrote:
Im so glad it was overturned. Why shouldn't gay men and women have the same rights as us. What's funny is the same old republicans that don't want the government in their healthcare , want the government to be involved in who can marry whom, and who can have an abortion. You can't have it both ways, but your probably too old and senile to understand the hypocrisy anyways. Just do what the big businesses who suport the tea party and are supposedly grass root , tell you what to do. You're their puppets!
Why do you assume "Republicans" are against gay marriage. I know alot of democrats that are anti gay. Maria, are you a Catholic? are you latina? ummm Whittier. Hispanics are so anti gay especially catholics and hispanics I know are Democrats. So where do you get off labeling republicans anti gay.
LBer

Long Beach, CA

#161136 Sep 27, 2012
What the H? I mentioned a past psychological condition that Rose used to (hopefully past-tense) have, and it was taken down. Some others on this forum are aware of her/his past, and no reason for shame - I even mentioned that I was happy she was still around, and differences make the world go round, so to speak...

Sounds like an inside job.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#161137 Sep 27, 2012
Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
Your cult is determined to add "and for SSM" where the constitution clearly ferers to all citizens. It just sems you cult is constantly complaining and confused about the wording thats all. We all hav the same rights don't we?
You must have missed my question:
What Constitutional right of straight people is being threatened?
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#161138 Sep 27, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dogs have standards, they wouldn't want to marry you.
<quoted text>
Everybody has the same rights when it comes to getting married to dogs. So, it's not a 14th Amendment issue.
Rose_NoHo.

Yes. I agree. My Homosexual friends and the lesbians are always making reference to "the Constitution" when they argue two or more persons of the same *(pardon the vulgarism)* sex should be able to "marry" one another. What they are really making reference to is our Republican friends' 14th Amendment. Because non-Homosexuals are equally denied any "right" to "marry" persons of the same sex, it is not a 14th Amendment issue.

Ronald
jacques renault

Justice, IL

#161139 Sep 27, 2012
Aldous Huxley wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh,and the marriage licenses don't say gay marriage,they simply say "Marriage" License,there is NO such thing as "Gay" marriage!
why don't these gay marriage ads on tv show a single homosexual?

LMAO

not only don't you have a role model leading you, you're not even in your own commmercials!!!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#161140 Sep 27, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You just can't stay away from me, can you?
Dance monkeyboy! Dance!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#161141 Sep 27, 2012
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
in your own humble opinion - which doesn't amount to a hill of beans, legally speaking.
what matters are the laws.
and based on the progress of the court cases of both the Prop 8 and DOMA cases, the laws will change - soon.
once that happens, you'll just have to sit and stew about it - or not. that's entirely up to you.
as for many of us, we'll be able to marry the people we love without legal stumbling blocks - and your opinion won't hold water.
Laws come and go. I've traveled around the world. Studied as much history as possible. Never had any trouble finding marriage or recognizing it. In all of recorded human history, in every single culture, there has been marriage. It just is.

In all of recorded human history has there ever been a single culture that accepted gay unions as marriage. Where gay unions stood along side marriage, established themselves and spread.

It has briefly occurred, but never lasted. Will it this time? I'm not holding my breath.

See there is a simple reality. Any one seeing two couples will immediately and first see one as gay and the other married. Especially if it is a child seeing mom and dad.

Can't you see the difference? Makes you wonder how the 'law' missed it...
jacques renault

Justice, IL

#161142 Sep 27, 2012
my vote is every homosexual who appears in one of these tv ads can get gay married but not the rest of you

Location hidden

#161143 Sep 27, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that was a stupid gay twirl!
Of course it was love. So is my relationship with my children. My parents. My best friend. My dog!
By your 'logic', they should all be called marriage. How stupid. That is why you have to dumb down marriage to 'two people'.
What remains distinct and always will is this;
The life-long union of diverse genders who make the momentous effort to bridge that gender gap to become one, create a distinct being of such breadth NO OTHER RELATIONSHIP CAN COMPETE. It is further distinguished by literally producing tangible evidence of that oneness, a single blended child.
Duplicate genders have no such gap to bridge, and therefore produce a lessor result, clearly evidenced by the total absence of any human fruit.
Words define reality. Marriage simply does not define a gay union.
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that was stupid psuedo intellectual bullshit. You're entitled to your opinion, just stop trying to mistake it for fact.
My wife and I have a full relationship. We chose not to have kids, that doesn't diminish our marriage in any way, shape, or form. Any idiot can distinguish between the romantic love between two people and the love one has for kids, friends, and pets. It takes a really special idiot, like yourself, to confuse them.
"Intellecutual BS"? Your name may be Winston Smith, but your initials are BS. What I stated is simple common sense facts.

1. Marriage is the only relationship that has the potential to produce human fruit. Your choice not to doesn't change that or open the door for those who NEVER can to come in.

2. Does not having children 'diminish' marriage? In some cases, yes. But for sure not having children 'limits' marriage. Just another inconvenient truth.

3. If you can distinguish the difference between romantic love and other types, surely you know the vast difference between diverse gender love and dumdant gender love.

Bazinga!
LBer

Long Beach, CA

#161144 Sep 27, 2012
Lol, atleast if you're gonna hit the "Judge" button icons, atleast vary the number so we could hope it was more than one person doing it...

;-)

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#161145 Sep 27, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't stand it, can you.
They looked at the scientific method and judged it valid.
The study stands valid.
The only junk notes are yours.
Bazinga!
Sorry to inform you con dumb, but, if you would have done your research instead of aping what you hear you’d have found out that it wasn’t peer reviewed. Just so you don’t have to strain your brain, peer review is critical to the scientific process. I really wish you douche bags presented more of an intellectual argument instead of your lazy responses.

Lewis Center, OH

#161146 Sep 27, 2012
jacques renault wrote:
my vote is every homosexual who appears in one of these tv ads can get gay married but not the rest of you
You don't get to vote on equal rights idiot.

Lewis Center, OH

#161147 Sep 27, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that was a stupid gay twirl!
Of course it was love. So is my relationship with my children. My parents. My best friend. My dog!
By your 'logic', they should all be called marriage. How stupid. That is why you have to dumb down marriage to 'two people'.
What remains distinct and always will is this;
The life-long union of diverse genders who make the momentous effort to bridge that gender gap to become one, create a distinct being of such breadth NO OTHER RELATIONSHIP CAN COMPETE. It is further distinguished by literally producing tangible evidence of that oneness, a single blended child.
Duplicate genders have no such gap to bridge, and therefore produce a lessor result, clearly evidenced by the total absence of any human fruit.
Words define reality. Marriage simply does not define a gay union.
<quoted text>
"Intellecutual BS"? Your name may be Winston Smith, but your initials are BS. What I stated is simple common sense facts.
1. Marriage is the only relationship that has the potential to produce human fruit. Your choice not to doesn't change that or open the door for those who NEVER can to come in.
2. Does not having children 'diminish' marriage? In some cases, yes. But for sure not having children 'limits' marriage. Just another inconvenient truth.
3. If you can distinguish the difference between romantic love and other types, surely you know the vast difference between diverse gender love and dumdant gender love.
Bazinga!
You’re the only one twirling anything on this thread. Why don’t you just go work out your frustrations behind a bush in the park (like all the a-holes like you do)?

Lewis Center, OH

#161148 Sep 27, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have missed my question:
What Constitutional right of straight people is being threatened?
None, in states and countries where marriage equality has been realized there is absolutely not affect whatsoever
jacques renault

Justice, IL

#161149 Sep 27, 2012
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get to vote on equal rights idiot.
And you don't get to be in your commercials because you are homosexual

LOL
jacques renault

Justice, IL

#161150 Sep 27, 2012
Is there or is there not a CONSTITUTIONAL right for homosexuals to be in pro-gay marriage commercials

This, ladies and gentlemen, is an outrage

Location hidden

#161152 Sep 27, 2012
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to inform you con dumb, but, if you would have done your research instead of aping what you hear you’d have found out that it wasn’t peer reviewed. Just so you don’t have to strain your brain, peer review is critical to the scientific process. I really wish you douche bags presented more of an intellectual argument instead of your lazy responses.
This from a proponent of fake studies who parroted gay twirl sites. This is simply another chik-fil-a blunder.

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/08/31/case-clos...

"More serious scholarly judgment has reached a much different conclusion. Three researchers published responses to Regnerus’s work in the same journal issue, and each credited his study with advancing inquiry on the subject. In contrast to prior studies based mostly on small, non-representative “convenience” samples, Regnerus’s New Family Structures Study (NFSS) is a large, national sample that provides the most representative picture to date of young adults whose parents had same-sex relationships. Professor Paul Amato of Penn State University notes in his discussion of the study that the NFSS “is probably the best that we can hope for, at least in the near future.”

Bazinga!

Location hidden

#161153 Sep 27, 2012
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
You’re the only one twirling anything on this thread. Why don’t you just go work out your frustrations behind a bush in the park (like all the a-holes like you do)?
Deep.

I like to provoke being called a 'old jack ass'.'A-holes' are gay.

Bazinga!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baldwin Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 3 hr papersup 15,971
were his all the og sgv taggers at (Dec '07) 6 hr Big spark KRH 939
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 10 hr plastic bins 5,018
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 10 hr punch tips 7,935
Pacheco Agenda Screwing Again 12 hr Attention Staff 3
Manny Cartillo Buddy Deal for Pacheco 16 hr Carrillo Finished 2
Baldwin Park Youth Soccer League Questionable Sun Coming 2
•••

Baldwin Park News Video

•••
•••

Baldwin Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••