Nassau County Court and Family Court judges

Full story: Newsday

NORMAN ST. GEORGE DEMOCRATIC BACKGROUND: St. George , 44, of Freeport, is also running on the Republican, Independence, Conservative and Working Families parties lines.
Comments
41 - 60 of 64 Comments Last updated Yesterday

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2012

Mired wrote:
<quoted text>
Crecca is as corrupt as can be. He sides with a parent who has been found abusive by CPS, disregarding orders of protection and insisting on visitation when that parent has shown no interest. He does not enforce his own orders when they are blatantly ignored, he does not recuse himself when faced with cases from the firm who was the largest contributor to his Supreme Court election. Kangaroo court. If there is a professional writer reading this, let me know.....my story will make you very wealthy.
If you do get contacted by a writer, I can confirm parts of your claims. I have seen him disregard multiple OP violations, and failure to enforce his own orders. He told one father 4 times to bring his tax info in, so they could asses child support. The father never did, so Crecca just assigned a pitiful amount (under $100/wk) for him to pay. That was over 3 years ago, and the father is still paying only this amount.
Mired

East Northport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2012

HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
If you do get contacted by a writer, I can confirm parts of your claims. I have seen him disregard multiple OP violations, and failure to enforce his own orders. He told one father 4 times to bring his tax info in, so they could asses child support. The father never did, so Crecca just assigned a pitiful amount (under $100/wk) for him to pay. That was over 3 years ago, and the father is still paying only this amount.
Thank you so very much for getting back to me....it sounds like my case! I am receiving $100 total for three children each week. Again, the tip of the iceberg!
Dregs of Justice

Port Washington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2012

Judged:

I'm only going by what some friends, both male and female, have gone through in family court. But it seems as if we haven't paid enough attention to electing the judges that sit. They do not check up on their prior decisions or have compassion when it comes down to that.
donna

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2012

Judged:

jude eisman, lewis edelstein, dyane dwyer ruined my life, they are morons and easily ruin people without looking into facts
they ruin father's, mohter's and children's life evaery day.
what a job to have
they abuse their position and destroy people.
we should change family courts name to torture court.

“ Fighting a corrupt system”

Since: Aug 08

Centereach,NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

Judged:

Someone needs to go execute them County attorneys and DAs , so I can throw a celebration party and dance in the street.
Shocked

Garden City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Judged:

Magistrate E. Bloom in Westbury, NY court system is a rude woman. She yells at women and treats them like they are doing something wrong when coming to court. You better ask for everything you want the first day, if you forget something and come back again, she will throw it out. She is not a friendly person and hates you to question a decision she makes
GINA

Hempstead, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Shocked wrote:
Magistrate E. Bloom in Westbury, NY court system is a rude woman. She yells at women and treats them like they are doing something wrong when coming to court. You better ask for everything you want the first day, if you forget something and come back again, she will throw it out. She is not a friendly person and hates you to question a decision she makes
I know just how you feel. I could've WROTE THAT ABOUT MY EXPERIENCE WITH dorothy phillips. SHE YELLED AT ME AND MADE ME FEEL LIKE A CHILD! I CAN'T EVEN SPEAK AND AM IN A WHEELCHAIR SO WHEN I BOTHER TO TYPE SOMETHING, LISTEN! ARE THEY ALL THE SAME AND DO THEY FOLLOW UP? NO! SAD, THESE ARE PEOPLE SWORN TO DO WHAT'S BEST FOR OUR CHILDREN BUT THEY HOLD LIVES IN THEIR HANDS AND THEIR DECISIONS HAVE REAL RAMIFICATIONS AND THEY HELP TURN THIS WORLD INTO THE HORRIBLE PLACE IT IS! THEY SHOULD ACTUALLY TRY HELPING! WOULD THAT HARM THEIR WORLD INSTEAD? AWWWW!THEY SHOULD HAVE A HEART!
ann

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Shocked wrote:
I can't even believe her behavior,so unprofessional. I think she needs to seek psychiatric treatment. If she is so miserable resign. From the minute you walk in she is a tyrant, screams & yells.
Many families that are there are victims of domestic violence, her manner sends me into PTSS.
She is worse than many of the domestic violent men that are there.
but you no what? No one cares
none of your business

Accord, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

GINA wrote:
<quoted text>
I know just how you feel. I could've WROTE THAT ABOUT MY EXPERIENCE WITH dorothy phillips. SHE YELLED AT ME AND MADE ME FEEL LIKE A CHILD! I CAN'T EVEN SPEAK AND AM IN A WHEELCHAIR SO WHEN I BOTHER TO TYPE SOMETHING, LISTEN! ARE THEY ALL THE SAME AND DO THEY FOLLOW UP? NO! SAD, THESE ARE PEOPLE SWORN TO DO WHAT'S BEST FOR OUR CHILDREN BUT THEY HOLD LIVES IN THEIR HANDS AND THEIR DECISIONS HAVE REAL RAMIFICATIONS AND THEY HELP TURN THIS WORLD INTO THE HORRIBLE PLACE IT IS! THEY SHOULD ACTUALLY TRY HELPING! WOULD THAT HARM THEIR WORLD INSTEAD? AWWWW!THEY SHOULD HAVE A HEART!
I 100 percent agree she is unethical and a disgrace and doyle was no better, but shes dead
none of your business

Accord, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

they are all the same and do not have the best interest of the child at heart. All they want is that power trip and to make people feel like garbage, but every dog has its day!!
none of your business

Accord, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

donna wrote:
jude eisman, lewis edelstein, dyane dwyer ruined my life, they are morons and easily ruin people without looking into facts
they ruin father's, mohter's and children's life evaery day.
what a job to have
they abuse their position and destroy people.
we should change family courts name to torture court.
My daughters first experience with dwyer was not bad, but the second wow she lowered a payment of someone grossing over 110,ooo and called my daughter a liar...I don't know how these people live with themselves and go to sleep at night with a clear head after the destruction they create very sad...have to believe in karma that's all
JMC

Jamaica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Nassau Family Court is the worst court I have ever been in. It is corrupt and all they want to do is coax you into accepting an RO to increase their numbers. The Judges are rude to the victims and if you do no have the right "inside" lawyer, you will wind up on the losing side. It's a racket!
Angel

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Thank God Carnell Foskey lost the 2009 election and was removed from his position as a Family Court Judge. This individual was eminently unqualified for the position and did a lot of damage to many unfortunte people who had to deal with him through the Nassau Family Court. Judge Foskey nearly destroyed my teenage daughter's life back in 2003-2006. He directed her to move in with her father and his girlfriend (who was an alcoholic and had a soliciting arrest record) in another state against her will; and she would have had to do this had the Appellate Division in Brooklyn not immediately stayed Judge Foskey's Order and then later reversed it.(And this was only possible because I had the knowledge and funds to seek out another avenue of justice right after the initial Order was handed down. Nevertheless, in the short run, Judge Foskey managed to have my daughter (who was an A student and member of the National Honor Society) involuntarily discharged from her local public high school; and it took several months after the Order was stayed and reversed before she was permitted to re-enroll -- despite the fact that I was paying taxes on and residing in my house in that school district and my other children were attending their public schools from the same address! It also defies all logic that someone like myself -- a taxpaying, law-abiding, long term resident of Nassau County with no criminal record, no record of substance abuse, a college degree, a long term stable employment history, and no history of ever having lived off a government problem could be mistreated so badly right here in her own town. Carnell Foskey does not know the law, has no common sense, and has a very mean streak directed against all of humanity. There is a special place in hell for misguided people who abuse their power as he did; and I know one day he will find himself there as he deserves it!
Angel

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

On a more positive note, I just wanted to say kudos to retired Judge Pessala and retired Judge Ruth Balkin from Nassau Family Court. When I dealt with them back in 1996 they showed an honest recognition of the situation for what it was -- that my spouse was a person who could not live up to their role in a marriage or as a parent or responsible adult, etc. They told my spouse in polite, but no uncertain terms, what they needed to do to rise to their responsibilities and what they must stop doing in this regard, etc. They really did all they could to protect the interests of the young child that we had at the time. When I was dragged back there in 2003, unfortunately, these two judges were no longer there and we had Judge Foskey inflicted on us. Another very bad thing I want to point out about Nassau Family Court is that all the proceedings there are in a closed courtroom. At first glance, this might seem like a benefit to the parties to a case; but in reality is it not. I say this because having a open court room (as is done in the five boroughs) helps maintain the integrity and fairness of the court because the judges know they are being observed and what they rule on can leak out -- to the press, local politicians, and in the community; and this forces them to police themselves. At the time my family I were suffering with Judge Foskey, an attorney friend of mine had advised me to write to the then Chief Justice of New York State Judith Kaye, to write to Governor Pataki, and to contact The New York Times and Newsday hoping that someone might be interested in our plight. He also advised me that failing that, I should remove myself from the jurisdiction and move to one of the five boroughs so that my case could no longer be maintained in Nassau County (with the other parent living out of state) and I could get out from the clutches of Judge Foskey. Looking back 10 years later, I regret not having taking the sage advice of this wise man. Unfortunately, at the time, I was made to feel by Judge Foskey like a worthless human being and a criminal who was powerless to do anything to correct my family situation. Thank God I now see the error of that view and have gone on with my life in a positive direction. My child also grew up, graduated from university, and started work in an honorable helping profession -- off Long Island thank God. Meanwhile, my former spouse recently ended a stretch of unemployment spanning several years, the loss of his house through foreclosure, and at younger than 45 years old is currently seeking his fourth significant other.
Angel

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

To continue the Carnell Foskey saga: In 2009 Carnell Foskey (who had previously been elevated to the position of Supervising Judge of the Nassau Family Court) lost the election and, therefore, his job at Nassau Family Court. To this day, I don't know who in his infinite misinformation elevated Judge Foskey to Supervising Judge position, but judging from the fact that Suffolk Police Chief James Burke was elevated to his position despite his long-term affair with and loaning out of his service revolver to a convicted hooker, drug dealer, and robber -- and after all these allegations were substantiated as true by the internal investigative body of the Suffolk Police -- I guess that's how things are done out here.(I want to move off Long Island permanently soon, but I won't get into that here.) Anyway, after Tom Suozzi lost the election for Nassau County Executive in 2009 and Ed Mangano became County Executive, Ed Mangano decided to give Carnell Foskey a cushy, well-paid political patronage job as Parks Commissioner for Nassau County -- a position that Foskey holds today. However, if Suozzi wins the election next month, then it's pretty likely that Carnell Foskey will be out of a job for a second time -- and he deserves it! Perhaps, having this happen to him twice will lead him to examine his conscience and repent for what he has done to a lot of innocent people -- many of whom were helpless children -- and to humble himself. Although, truthfully, at this point, I really don't care. I don't want to let that evil individual occupy any more space in my head, and I just hope he gets out of here. On second thought, no -- let him stay here in Nassau County as it continues to sink; and Godwilling I a few years I will be getting out with my family.
Angel

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

The final thing that I want to add about Judge Foskey that I left out of my discussion above is that he cost me $30,000 and an immeasurable amount of stress and emotional pain. At the time he judged me -- without any factual basis -- to be an unfit parent, Child Protective Services and the Probation Department had investigated me at his behest and dismissed the allegations against me as unfounded. During the same time, I held a license in New York State which enabled me to be responsible for other people's children in a professional capacity -- and I continued to work in that role throughout the whole case without incident or complaint from any third party (and continue to do so up until today). The only good thing I can say is that the law guardian took my side in the case because she felt that what was being done to me was wrong. As a point of information, that law guardian resigned from working in Nassau Family Court (after a 15 year career there) about five years ago because she said that she was just too disgusted about a lot of things that were going on there to continue in that role.
Angel

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

There is a recent tragic case brought about by Judge Conrad Singer of Nassau Family Court. It involved a 2-year-old child from Freeport who ultimately lost his life due to Judge Singer's bad decision. In a nutshell, the child lived with his father and respectable, employed, educated African-American grandparents at the home they owned in Freeport. The father and mother of the child were not responsible people and they were drug users. The grandparents forced the child's mother to move out of their house because of her continued drug use. She moved and then went to court and filed for custody of the 2-year-old boy and permission to relocate to Georgia with the child. Although the father and his parents fought her vigorously for custody, Judge Singer granted physical custody to the mother and permission for her to relocate to Georgia. She moved there -- with no job, family, or even a place to live set up beforehand. Six months later, she was living in a seedly motel with the child and her new boyfriend (who was a hoodlum 15 years younger than she was). She left the child in the boyfriend's care, and he killed the boy with his bare hands. I don't have the names involved off hand, but just google "Judge Conrad Singer" on Newsday.com , and you can get the whole story. My heart brakes for that father and grandparents. I think the Governor or the Chief Judge of NYS should recall Judge Singer from his position because they DO have the power to do that you know.
The truth

Saint Albans, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Eisman....is the worst......Norm St George....is right there.....This man...saw me with my kids.....and still......believed my ex 's assertion that I didn't take an interst in my kids.....Also....this having men removed from their homes based on accution is friggin crazy......everyone is interconnected in Nassau county.....
The truth

Saint Albans, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

THESE clowns brought me in 40 times......on biolation of an order of protection......lost 39.......then.....when I lost my job due to the amount of time I had to spend in court...CHILD SUPPORT!!!!! The first magistrate saw it for what it was...I was dead ass broke from defending myself against false accusations.....Secondly.....I was homeless.....after 2 years...I finally got a job....voluntarilly asked them to take the money out my check......My ex and her lawyer agreed to 65 percent of my check.....I did too...hell...who wants to go to jail??? Then....the judge said thats not enough...now the same woman....odered me to get a cell phone for my kids....and then punished me for paying for a cell phone and not giving the money to a woman making 120,000 grand a year...they allowed my ex to hide assets......her boyfriend said to my daughter that he has gonnna be herspecial friend......no investigation....accuse mr of using drugs....but refused to test me.....that place is most one sided place on earth...
Desikudi

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2014

Does any one have Conrad Singer of Westubry family court? That guy is an absolute dirtbag and should be removed from the bench. Is there any way for me to have him recused off my case?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Baldwin News Video

•••
•••

Baldwin Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Baldwin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE