Haiti relief group grows

Haiti relief group grows

There are 5 comments on the Clinch Valley News story from Jan 26, 2010, titled Haiti relief group grows. In it, Clinch Valley News reports that:

Between its first meeting Jan. 19 and its second six days later on Monday, the group organizing the Mountain Empire Haiti Relief Challenge more than doubled in size as volunteers from across the region joined the effort.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Clinch Valley News.

Daisy

Nashville, TN

#1 May 9, 2010
Everyone is rushing to help Haiti, what about Nashville and Memphis who are our neighbors... Charity begins at home. Why is it always sent overseas and not for our own. Is anyone for taking up for Memphis, Nashville or the tornado victims in Ala.?
Amercia First -Bigboy

Charlottesville, VA

#2 May 10, 2010
Daisy wrote:
Everyone is rushing to help Haiti, what about Nashville and Memphis who are our neighbors... Charity begins at home. Why is it always sent overseas and not for our own. Is anyone for taking up for Memphis, Nashville or the tornado victims in Ala.?
I agree with you we have homeless people here children who don't eat right or don't eat at all right here.Some who have no one to call mama or daddy.But we go to all these other places to get children (china,Haiti ,Russia or anywhere else over seas)We have plenty here who need homes.I for one am sick of our money going over there when it is needed here.Our system is all wrong if we work and try to help our selves and then need help we get smacked in the face.Let those who work the system get all they want ,just have children you don't really want just so you can get food stamps free rent and let someone else pay you rent.Sorry i don't feel sorry for anyone who lets someone else pay their bills for them.I have worked my whole life and always paid my own bills,i bet if i needed help they would laugh at me.

Since: Apr 09

Saltville

#3 May 10, 2010
I personally coun't care lass what happens to haitti as long as there are hungry people and damaging storms here in the USA. Did haitti help us at anytime ever? NOPE!!!
pirate pete

Hermitage, TN

#4 May 10, 2010
i've always believed in helping folks at home 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
Daisy

Nashville, TN

#5 May 12, 2010
If you leave here and you go to the big cities, there is no work..A couple of years back, there was a petetion to keep a plane order in the USA. We had people out of work and we had a falling economy. What did our great white leaders do, they sent it to Spain. Look at how our taxes went up, were paying one half every six months, double of what taxes are.. When Clinton passed Nafta and Gaft, he hadn't figured out where taxes to run a country would come from. He couldn't look over Lowenskis nose. That cost America 4,000,000 , we could have hired him a decent looking hooker for less than a 1000. Our system has always taken care of the politicians, and to look good, charity to countries who hate us.. Look at how differently our great leaders viewed the needs of the people in New Orleans, and how they broke their necks going to Haiti.We need the power of impeachment in full swing, and we need a party to lead, not the good old boys in the Republicrats..all and the same, look at how the woman from FEMA talked to the people in Nashville...We would do whatever we can--withthe undertow "that" aint gonna be much. We are on the eve of destruction, and things here,storms and other natural disasters are gonna get worse.. We need to stockpile supplies to have in case of a natural disaster.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baldwin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News ACLU: La. man writes critical e-mail of police ... (Apr '09) Mar 26 Cowgirl 46
Lisa Gary Jan '18 Enraged 2
Was it really a Coffin in that tree (Feb '10) Dec '17 History lover337 3
Lost dog Dec '17 Mledet9697 1
Thor fredrick!!!! (Feb '17) Oct '17 Wow 3
News Acadia Parish Sheriff Captures Escaped Prisoner (Oct '07) Oct '17 JiP 3
jones-tardy family reunion 2017 (Feb '17) Feb '17 JonesTardy2017 1

Baldwin Jobs

Personal Finance

Baldwin Mortgages