Canadian Premier comes to US for hear...

Canadian Premier comes to US for heart surgery

Posted in the Baldwin Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Westside conservative

Saint Augustine, FL

#1 Feb 2, 2010
Newfoundland Premier Danny Williams will undergo heart surgery later this week in the United States.

Mr. Williams, 59, has said nothing of his health in the media. The premier's press secretary confirmed the report Monday evening.

Deputy premier Kathy Dunderdale confirmed the treatment at a news conference Tuesday, but would not reveal the location of the operation or how it would be paid for.

Ms. Dunderdale will become acting premier while Williams is away. He is expected to be away from four to six weeks.

For many, the Premier's need for heart surgery comes as a surprise, especially in light of the fact he is an avid hockey player and has shown no outward signs of illness as of late.

On Friday, Mr. Williams met with Prime Minister Stephen Harper and while speaking to reporters seemed healthy and in good spirits.

A decision to leave Canada for the surgery, especially if it is available here, raises questions about the Premier's confidence in Newfoundland's health care system.

Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html...

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html...

I wonder why he isn't taking advantage of that free Canadian health care??

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#2 Feb 2, 2010
Westside conservative wrote:
Newfoundland Premier Danny Williams will undergo heart surgery later this week in the United States.
Mr. Williams, 59, has said nothing of his health in the media. The premier's press secretary confirmed the report Monday evening.
Deputy premier Kathy Dunderdale confirmed the treatment at a news conference Tuesday, but would not reveal the location of the operation or how it would be paid for.
Ms. Dunderdale will become acting premier while Williams is away. He is expected to be away from four to six weeks.
For many, the Premier's need for heart surgery comes as a surprise, especially in light of the fact he is an avid hockey player and has shown no outward signs of illness as of late.
On Friday, Mr. Williams met with Prime Minister Stephen Harper and while speaking to reporters seemed healthy and in good spirits.
A decision to leave Canada for the surgery, especially if it is available here, raises questions about the Premier's confidence in Newfoundland's health care system.
Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html...
http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html...
I wonder why he isn't taking advantage of that free Canadian health care??
Maybe he did not want to wait for 6 months to a year for the surgery.
Or could it be he needs or WANTS some cutting edge surgery instead of the standard, just trying to keep you alive stuff.

This should really make those in Canada feel really good about their free healthcare and high taxes to pay for it.
Westside conservative

Saint Augustine, FL

#3 Feb 2, 2010
I guess no responses from the Canadian health care is the way crowd.
dolander

Jacksonville, FL

#4 Feb 3, 2010
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he did not want to wait for 6 months to a year for the surgery.
This shows that Canada holds no favorites when it comes to medical care like the US does... The US medical system will always put politicians and the wealthy ahead of anyone else.. Even Bin Laden got top notch treatment prior to 9/11 here in the US, but the Bush family had good ties with the Laden family.

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#5 Feb 3, 2010
dolander wrote:
<quoted text>
This shows that Canada holds no favorites when it comes to medical care like the US does... The US medical system will always put politicians and the wealthy ahead of anyone else.. Even Bin Laden got top notch treatment prior to 9/11 here in the US, but the Bush family had good ties with the Laden family.
The whole story went right over your head dolander, It shows that even government officials know the system is flawed and that when given a better choice the intelligent will take it instead of visiting the death panels, I mean “End Of Life Planners”. Are you tired today dolander you are really missing most points today.
dolander

Jacksonville, FL

#6 Feb 3, 2010
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole story went right over your head dolander, It shows that even government officials know the system is flawed and that when given a better choice the intelligent will take it instead of visiting the death panels, I mean “End Of Life Planners”. Are you tired today dolander you are really missing most points today.
Nothing went over my head, it went over yours and WSC heads.

Do you think that if the guy was just an average Canadian citizen he would be able to come over here with no money for special medical treatment? US citizens can't even get that.

You really need to get out of that world of delusion that you live in.
dolander

Jacksonville, FL

#7 Feb 3, 2010
It didn’t take much thought to kill this thread.

WSC and Mr Logic.. You need to look both ways before you cross the street, or you will be flattened like a pancake.
noshellswill

Jacksonville, FL

#8 Feb 3, 2010
dolander wrote:
It didn’t take much thought to kill this thread.
WSC and Mr Logic.. You need to look both ways before you cross the street, or you will be flattened like a pancake.
You lifted a few scalps there palsy. Neither LIJ nor WSC can even IMAGINE that wealth ($$$) doesn't buy privilege ! Or doesn't DESERVE to buy privilege !!

But don't expect any "thanks" for showing them the error of their ways.

Since: Jan 08

Carlsbad, CA

#9 Feb 3, 2010
It's not necessarily that the system is flawed as it is that the guy simply thought he could buy better care in the U.S.

Healthcare is a commodity, not a right.
noshellswill

Jacksonville, FL

#10 Feb 4, 2010
SeaBass wrote:
It's not necessarily that the system is flawed as it is that the guy simply thought he could buy better care in the U.S.
Healthcare is a commodity, not a right.
Baldface ... healthcare ( like life ) is a right, not a commodity. If you wish to join a social_contract where life is a commodity, goto Guatemala-Del-Norte -- aka East JAX !

Of-course since **life** is a commodity there, then murder-for-hire is perfectly legal ( kill your -ex hehehe)... as long as you make the highest bid.

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#11 Feb 4, 2010
Good Morning dolander this thread is not dead you were just delusional again.
dolander wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing went over my head, it went over yours and WSC heads.
Do you think that if the guy was just an average Canadian citizen he would be able to come over here with no money for special medical treatment? US citizens can't even get that.
You really need to get out of that world of delusion that you live in.
Hello, many average Canadians citizen

Canadians go to New York, Michigan and other states for treatment all the time. As usual you veered off the road again and missed the topic. The question is not “Can the average Canadian citizen come to the U.S. for treatment” the question is, if the average Canadian citizen had the opportunity to come to the U.S. or other places for treatment would they? It would seam in some cases they do.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/C...

“A Quebec company is offering to fly Canadian patients fed up with long waiting lists to Cuba for surgery.”

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#12 Feb 4, 2010
noshellswill wrote:
<quoted text>
You lifted a few scalps there palsy.
Are you and dolander hanging out together now because you are starting show signs of delusion also? Might just be to much sun while chasing those specks.
noshellswill wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither LIJ nor WSC can even IMAGINE that wealth ($$$) doesn't buy privilege ! Or doesn't DESERVE to buy privilege !!
But don't expect any "thanks" for showing them the error of their ways.
That is the whole point of acquiring wealth, having a better life, a more secure life, and it is not a matter of deserving it, The facts are we as individuals are not equal when it comes to life’s ambitions and thus the outcomes will always differ and while many governments have tried ALL have failed. When I was 20 there where a many things I could not afford to do, yet now after many years of working smart, developing skills and making sound decisions and can afford some those privileges that others might not. I guess shame me, well I can live that.
dolander

Jacksonville, FL

#13 Feb 4, 2010
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
Good Morning dolander this thread is not dead you were just delusional again.
<quoted text>
Hello, many average Canadians citizen
Canadians go to New York, Michigan and other states for treatment all the time. As usual you veered off the road again and missed the topic. The question is not “Can the average Canadian citizen come to the U.S. for treatment” the question is, if the average Canadian citizen had the opportunity to come to the U.S. or other places for treatment would they? It would seam in some cases they do.
“A Quebec company is offering to fly Canadian patients fed up with long waiting lists to Cuba for surgery.”
You should read what you post, you look like a desperate fool.. The link that you left is about Canadians and Americans going to “Cuba” for healthcare…..”

Some of Cuba's top doctors are now in Canada, finalizing plans to bring Canadian patients south. "We receive patients often from Argentina, Mexico, Jamaica, Bahamas, even Miami," said Dr. Roberto Rubinos Ruiz, an orthopedic surgeon.:

Now check out my link.

“The scare ads and op-ed pieces featuring Canadians telling us American how terrible their government health-care systems have arrived - predictably.
There's another, factual view - by those of us Americans who've lived in Canada and used their system.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-mann/ameri...
noshellswill

Jacksonville, FL

#14 Feb 4, 2010
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you and dolander hanging out together now because you are starting show signs of delusion also? Might just be to much sun while chasing those specks.
<quoted text>
That is the whole point of acquiring wealth, having a better life, a more secure life, and it is not a matter of deserving it, The facts are we as individuals are not equal when it comes to life’s ambitions and thus the outcomes will always differ and while many governments have tried ALL have failed. When I was 20 there where a many things I could not afford to do, yet now after many years of working smart, developing skills and making sound decisions and can afford some those privileges that others might not. I guess shame me, well I can live that.
Yep ... properly you get to to buy gold-plate instead of brass-plate diilldoooes. Or similar devices. Wealth allows that.

You may also buy more tools to improve/increase your productive efforts. No complaint there either. Wealth allows that.

However ... as I read Western history ... you are as-likely-as-not to buy a better heart-bybass at the point of a gunbarrel ... or suchlike. That's just my reading of history. Naturally if you have Guatemalian sensibilities and believe you can enforce them here YMMV.

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#15 Feb 4, 2010
dolander wrote:
<quoted text>
You should read what you post, you look like a desperate fool.. The link that you left is about Canadians and Americans going to “Cuba” for healthcare…..”
Some of Cuba's top doctors are now in Canada, finalizing plans to bring Canadian patients south. "We receive patients often from Argentina, Mexico, Jamaica, Bahamas, even Miami," said Dr. Roberto Rubinos Ruiz, an orthopedic surgeon.:
Now check out my link.
“The scare ads and op-ed pieces featuring Canadians telling us American how terrible their government health-care systems have arrived - predictably.
There's another, factual view - by those of us Americans who've lived in Canada and used their system.”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-mann/ameri...
I do owe an apology for that post sir, I knew the story was about Canadians going to Cuba for healthcare, I assumed that you would see the point that Canadians will as needed or desired go somewhere less that they can BUY, with there own money maybe better but at least quicker healthcare.

Unfortunately, I guess I gave you far to much credit, So I apologize for not making it a little more simple and clearer.
]

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#16 Feb 4, 2010
noshellswill wrote:
<quoted text>
You may also buy more tools to improve/increase your productive efforts. No complaint there either. Wealth allows that.
Again common ground has crossed under our feet.
noshellswill wrote:
<quoted text>
However ... as I read Western history ... you are as-likely-as-not to buy a better heart-bybass at the point of a gunbarrel ... or suchlike. That's just my reading of history. Naturally if you have Guatemalian sensibilities and believe you can enforce them here YMMV.
To be honest I am not sure what you are trying to say with this part.
dolander

Jacksonville, FL

#17 Feb 4, 2010
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
I do owe an apology for that post sir, I knew the story was about Canadians going to Cuba for healthcare, I assumed that you would see the point that Canadians will as needed or desired go somewhere less that they can BUY, with there own money maybe better but at least quicker healthcare.
Unfortunately, I guess I gave you far to much credit, So I apologize for not making it a little more simple and clearer.
]
The only thing you did here was change the subject while running and hiding behind rants.
dolander

Jacksonville, FL

#18 Feb 4, 2010
Being that you brought up Cuba here is a good article for you. Its fits in with my argument that those with money or political influence like Bin Laden”s ties to the Bush family, gets put ahead of the rest when it comes to healthcare here in the US

Cuban Americans, among others, sometimes come to Cuba for treatment or for other medical intervention they could not afford back in the United States. The cost for visitors? Not free — but a fraction of what it would cost at home.”

http://worldfocus.org/blog/2009/06/26/cuba-pr...

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#19 Feb 4, 2010
dolander wrote:
Being that you brought up Cuba here is a good article for you. Its fits in with my argument that those with money or political influence like Bin Laden”s ties to the Bush family, gets put ahead of the rest when it comes to healthcare here in the US
Cuban Americans, among others, sometimes come to Cuba for treatment or for other medical intervention they could not afford back in the United States. The cost for visitors? Not free — but a fraction of what it would cost at home.”
http://worldfocus.org/blog/2009/06/26/cuba-pr...
Cuba, Mexico, India are just a few of the places people can go for less expensive healthcare. Read a story about two years ago on people who went to a Resort style place in Mexico to get a knee replacement, a couple of family members stayed in the resort and the surgery was actual performed by an American doctor, all for about one third to have it done here in the states.

Since: Jan 08

Carlsbad, CA

#20 Feb 4, 2010
noshellswill wrote:
<quoted text>
Baldface ... healthcare ( like life ) is a right, not a commodity. If you wish to join a social_contract where life is a commodity, goto Guatemala-Del-Norte -- aka East JAX !
Of-course since **life** is a commodity there, then murder-for-hire is perfectly legal ( kill your -ex hehehe)... as long as you make the highest bid.
Show me where it says "Healthcare is a right"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baldwin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a word drop a word Sat Mae 19
North Florida drag racing Dec 13 Scooter 1
News Owner of Cat-Can-Do Marine Arrested on Three Co... (Jan '08) Dec 11 Justice 39
Man hairdresser for women Dec 9 Viki 1
george strait concert cancelled (Jan '08) Dec 8 Seriously 14
News Georgia - Inmates Complain of Treatment at Clay... (Aug '07) Dec 7 Big Time 266
Munchkin Fun News Letter - Growth Dec 3 SAMMELLE 1

Baldwin Jobs

Personal Finance

Baldwin Mortgages