Another federal lawsuit filed in case...

Another federal lawsuit filed in case involving Fairview police chief, sexual harassment allegations

There are 10 comments on the Dallas Morning News story from Jul 17, 2012, titled Another federal lawsuit filed in case involving Fairview police chief, sexual harassment allegations. In it, Dallas Morning News reports that:

Last month our Scott Goldstein laid out what would become the first chapter in the soapy saga of the Town of Fairview's police department , where former Dallas PD deputy chief Granver Tolliver, now the top cop in that Collin County town of around 7,200, has been accused of sexually harassing a former officer named Lisa Mitchell.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dallas Morning News.

Red

Little Elm, TX

#1 Jul 20, 2012
Why do Cities hire people knowing the kind of baggage they bring with them?
truth seeker

Fort Worth, TX

#2 Mar 5, 2014
The lawsuit against the Chief of Police Granvor Tollivor and The town of Fairview was settled through mediation. The town does not want to release the amount of money paid to Lisa Michell.
A formal request under open records was made;
The Town of Fairview turned it over to the attorney and now waiting on the attorney general to make a decision if the information will be released.

I have lived here for many years, pay taxes and would like to know how much of my tax dollars were spent and why do we not have a new Chief of Police
truth seeker

Fort Worth, TX

#3 Mar 9, 2014
Red wrote:
Good question...Has anyone bothered to check the background of other town of Fairview officials? Google the town manager...Information was posted about her employment situation prior to being hired at the town of Fairview. SHOCKING!
HRwatching

Bedford, TX

#4 Mar 11, 2014
truth seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question...Has anyone bothered to check the background of other town of Fairview officials? Google the town manager...Information was posted about her employment situation prior to being hired at the town of Fairview. SHOCKING!
Have you ever been fired from your job?...or ever been sued? Did you have trouble getting your next job? Everyone makes mistakes. Cut the Town Manager some slack.
truth seeker

Royse City, TX

#5 Mar 21, 2014
HRwatching wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever been fired from your job?...or ever been sued? Did you have trouble getting your next job? Everyone makes mistakes. Cut the Town Manager some slack.
Yea, not feeling like cutting anyone slack on my tax dollars. Residents of Fairview are not happy with what is going on in the Town of Fairview. Obviously your standards are not the same as mine.

In order for a town to be successful, experienced professionals with proven track record is the bare basics.

I vote for CUT LOOSE not cut slack.
truth seeker

Royse City, TX

#6 Mar 22, 2014
Attorney General decision on or before April 11, 2014 regarding release of settlement against Chief Tolliver and the town of Fairview.

I encourage everyone to email the town manager Julie couch and ask for the info under open meetings and open records.

The lawsuit was settled last summer. The town is fighting release of info however I feel we have a right to know. Its our tax dollars.
HRwatching

Bedford, TX

#9 Mar 25, 2014
Seems that the other board you post on sated that the settlement was for $1.3 million. Seems like it is done. No need to ask the Town for anything.
truth seeker

Greenville, TX

#10 Aug 23, 2014
Red wrote:
Its called ethics! Obviously their own.....
truth seeker

Greenville, TX

#11 Aug 23, 2014
HRwatching wrote:
Seems that the other board you post on sated that the settlement was for $1.3 million. Seems like it is done. No need to ask the Town for anything.
Defending the town manager when her past employment record was mentioned is concerning. Her record is on the internet. Do you honestly think the homeowners in Fairview would support her being in the position she is in? I don't think she could address the sexual harassment issue without her past being brought up. Fairview needs to clean house or have McKinney or Allen take over.

I can only assume you to be an employee of Fairview.....if you are, you need booted out too.....
Countryatmospher e

Mckinney, TX

#12 Aug 30, 2015
Ever wonder why the town council approved the hideous amount of apartments on Rte. 5 across from Sloan Creek residetial area? Are they really that greedy?
Plus, if body cams are placed on the local policemen in Fairview all anyone will see is traffic passing on Rte. 75. How is sitting way out on the west town limit line protecting the residents of the town?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Balch Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Statue of Gen. Robert E. Lee removed from Dalla... 7 hr John Wiley Price 6
Cowboys need less Thugs Sat Well Well 2
News Cancer patient says Dallas surgeon operated on ... Sat mad 1
Why Work Sep 22 Shayla 1
News Guess what Texas city was just named 2nd best p... Sep 20 Jack D Ripper 2
Founding fathers ! Number 5 is my daddy ! Sep 20 Dhls 1
Hey g hw bush i miss ronald reagan ! Palladion ! Sep 20 Cia 2

Balch Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance